Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    come on guyz- how was the interview y'day
    any advice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carpenoctem)
    I 100% screwed up my interview 😁😁😂
    I know u can't discuss details however do they ask academic questions???

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think it differs with each applicant. For me they didn't but I've heard that some people have had semi-scientific questions. When's your interview?
    I chose to keep my one quite late- 25th of Jan.
    It's because I'm quite nervous and have had no practise.
    How long was the interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is interview invites over or still imperial is sending interview offers??? This week has anybody got interview offer?

ReputationRep:
    I 100% screwed up my interview 😁😁😂
    Why do you think you screwed up?
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Study Helper
    I screwed up the ethical bit... well at least I think I did. The interviewer kept digging further and at the end of it all he goes "Oh I just asked because it says in your statement that you do Public Speaking". -_-
    Everyone feels like they screw up the ethical scenario, so try not to worry too much.

ReputationRep:
    When do they start sending out rejections?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone been on the tour before their interview? Is it worth it?

ReputationRep:
    I'll try my best but honestly thank you for the reassurance (I literally told my parents to rule out Imperial once I left the room)
    Did you go on the tour?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johncenaofficial)
    I chose to keep my one quite late- 25th of Jan.
    It's because I'm quite nervous and have had no practise.
    How long was the interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ooooh mine is on the same day😬😬
    What time Is yours?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zak_121)
    ooooh mine is on the same day😬😬
    What time Is yours?
    2:40
    What about you??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johncenaofficial)
    2:40
    What about you??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    9:40
    Mines a bit early but I wanted to get it done quickly. Are u gonna go to the tour??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zak_121)
    9:40
    Mines a bit early but I wanted to get it done quickly. Are u gonna go to the tour??
    Yeah I'm thinking it'll be good to do that I can feel more comfortable before the interview. I haven't been to the open day so I want to see around the campus as well. What about you?
    How are you trying to prepare for your interview?
    I have completely no idea how to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think around 10-15 minutes? Definitely didn't go the full 20 mins because they were over running as soon as the first interview started - mad skillz. In terms of practice it's just the typical medical questions that all interviews ask so don't get yourself too bogged down in them. Good luck! I'm sure you will do a lot better than I did today
    Bit of a weird question bit did u shake the interviewers hands??

ReputationRep:
    No, there were six people on my panel so I would've taken all the time meant for the actual interview . They also didn't offer so hopefully they weren't expecting me to :/
    SIX PEOPLE! Okay I'm freaking out...

ReputationRep:
    The email sent in november said there was a mock interview video somewhere. You guys find it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cherub012)
    The email sent in november said there was a mock interview video somewhere. You guys find it?
    if anyone finds the link to that video please share it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oey99)
    Hello everyone,
    I have deleted some responses as some people were replying even though they did not receive an interview invitation yet.
    Please complete the form only if you received an interview/offer/rejection. It is harder to establish cutoff scores and band boundaries if some people who didn`t receive an interview completed the form.
    As of now, 23 applicants completed the form and the average BMAT result for the people who received an interview was 5.6, 5.6, 3.5A.

Good luck everyone with this and your application to other institutions too!!
    Ive seen some of the previous responses and people are claiming to have got 9.1 or e^x for their section 1 and 2 scores...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oey99)
    Hello everyone,
    I have deleted some responses as some people were replying even though they did not receive an interview invitation yet.
    Please complete the form only if you received an interview/offer/rejection. It is harder to establish cutoff scores and band boundaries if some people who didn`t receive an interview completed the form.
    As of now, 23 applicants completed the form and the average BMAT result for the people who received an interview was 5.6, 5.6, 3.5A.

Good luck everyone with this and your application to other institutions too!!
    Hello! What is the minimum score BMAT interview ??

ReputationRep:
    To people waiting for interviews:

I'm not entirely sure if everyone is aware of the BMAT bands for 2016 entry but I couldn't find them online and so made a FOI back in November. It turns out that Imperial had responded a couple of days before they started calling for interview (so this is of no use to me now) but I thought it might help people who just want any idea of what band they could be in.

I have to stress these were the bands last year, they could have gone up/down this year.
    Good luck!

P.S. - Has anyone who had an interview this week heard back already? I was stalking an old thread and some got offers after 2 days but I can't tell if they were A100 home applicants.

EDIT: Don't forget about Band 3 (I just didn't think to ask, sorry)
    Attached Images

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.