Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carpenoctem)
    To people waiting for interviews:

I'm not entirely sure if everyone is aware of the BMAT bands for 2016 entry but I couldn't find them online and so made a FOI back in November. It turns out that Imperial had responded a couple of days before they started calling for interview (so this is of no use to me now) but I thought it might help people who just want any idea of what band they could be in.

I have to stress these were the bands last year, they could have gone up/down this year.
    Good luck!

P.S. - Has anyone who had an interview this week heard back already? I was stalking an old thread and some got offers after 2 days but I can't tell if they were A100 home applicants.
    Thank you! BMAT my result is not grizav. 5.2 S1 S2 S3 4.3 3,5A. I'm sad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MariaChis)
    Thank you! BMAT my result is not grizav. 5.2 S1 S2 S3 4.3 3,5A. I'm sad.
    That's a great set of scores! Remember there's still a Band 3 but I honestly have no idea what the limits were last year

ReputationRep:
    To people waiting for interviews:

I'm not entirely sure if everyone is aware of the BMAT bands for 2016 entry but I couldn't find them online and so made a FOI back in November. It turns out that Imperial had responded a couple of days before they started calling for interview (so this is of no use to me now) but I thought it might help people who just want any idea of what band they could be in.

I have to stress these were the bands last year, they could have gone up/down this year.
    Good luck!

P.S. - Has anyone who had an interview this week heard back already? I was stalking an old thread and some got offers after 2 days but I can't tell if they were A100 home applicants.

EDIT: Don't forget about Band 3 (I just didn't think to ask, sorry)
    Thats great. Thank you for the info. May I know if this holds good for International candidates as well?

ReputationRep:
    That's a great set of scores! Remember there's still a Band 3 but I honestly have no idea what the limits were last year
    Cut off was 4.5 , 4.5, 2.5B I think - which is band 3

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    People who are still waiting. From comparing distributions with this year and the last I'm quite confident the cut off has lowered.

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    Im in year 12 right now and I would love to do medicine in Imperial, however, Im not sure what makes the imperial's application different to, say Cardiff or Brighton? Apart from the entry requirements (which applicants already have achieved or perhaps even higher grades than them) and the basic work experience, voluntary work etc. what else do they look for? (Im talking 4th a level subject; olympiads; work placements in uni labs; and so on)

PS: I got straight A*s in my GCSEs and currently doing BCM and phsyics. I do grade 6 guitar, grade 6 dance, swimming, volunteering in a carehome, volunteered in a charity shop and a week of work experience in a hospital. Im also doing St John Ambulance. Should i be doing more to make myself stand out?
    Further, does Imperial look at what secondary school you did your GCSEs in? I went to a pretty bad school and managed to pull off those grades.I currently go to one of the best schools of the country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shlokz12)
    Hi
    Im in year 12 right now and I would love to do medicine in Imperial, however, Im not sure what makes the imperial's application different to, say Cardiff or Brighton? Apart from the entry requirements (which applicants already have achieved or perhaps even higher grades than them) and the basic work experience, voluntary work etc. what else do they look for? (Im talking 4th a level subject; olympiads; work placements in uni labs; and so on)

PS: I got straight A*s in my GCSEs and currently doing BCM and phsyics. I do grade 6 guitar, grade 6 dance, swimming, volunteering in a carehome, volunteered in a charity shop and a week of work experience in a hospital. Im also doing St John Ambulance. Should i be doing more to make myself stand out?
    Further, does Imperial look at what secondary school you did your GCSEs in? I went to a pretty bad school and managed to pull off those grades.I currently go to one of the best schools of the country.
    From what I know they mostly look at the BMAT. If you get a good score in the BMAT you're pretty much guaranteed an interview, so long you meet the other entry requirements which I'm sure you will.

ReputationRep:
    Those who have gone for interview,,,do you have any idea of how many students were interviewed per day approximately...was just curious to know
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Just got a rejection LOL

EDIT: and I knew it

ReputationRep:
    Offer sooooo relieved

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CutieTootsie)
    Just got a rejection LOL

EDIT: and I knew it
    Me 2. It's not my first choice though so it's ok.

ReputationRep:
    I know a medical student at Imperial who now sits on the interview panel and in order to get an interview they look almost solely at BMAT score, then interview performance. Unfortunately, Imperial are looking for pure academic excellence so music and sport won't give you much of an advantage. If you're doing 4 A levels then I would definitely recommend applying to Queen Mary as they are 50% UCAS points so extra A levels obviously give you a huge advantage in that perspective. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shlokz12)
    Hi

Don't waste your GCSEs on Imperial. Cardiff would guarantee you an interview, and so would Birmingham. Apply to UCL, it's practically just as prestigious, and considers more than just one test.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by michellem3)
    Me 2. It's not my first choice though so it's ok.
    I totally agree lol I actually prefer my other choices. Not the end of the world! Probably for the best!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by GradeA*UnderA)
    Don't waste your GCSEs on Imperial. Cardiff would guarantee you an interview, and so would Birmingham. Apply to UCL, it's practically just as prestigious, and considers more than just one test.
    Should have applied to UCL 😂 wish I knew what I know when I applied

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 323205)
    Offer sooooo relieved
    Woo, congrats! An offer offer?! How was your interview?

ReputationRep:
    What a beautiful time to get a rejection ❤️

Edit: came through to my email at 22:25 and updated on track at 22:02
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by TianaEsther)
    What a beautiful time to get a rejection ❤️

Edit: came through to my email at 22:25 and updated on track at 22:02
    Why beautiful time? Lol

ReputationRep:
    I just got the big nope too.... so will be awake all night cursing having a crap day when it mattered for BMAT!! Oh well, crossing my fingers for UCL now!
    Good luck y'all!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Themightyboo)
    I just got the big nope too.... so will be awake all night cursing having a crap day when it mattered for BMAT!! Oh well, crossing my fingers for UCL now!
    Good luck y'all!!
    Very wise move to apply to UCL, I think I should have but I wasn't sure if it suited me

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.