The Student Room Group

Imperial College- Medicine 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 720
Original post by carpenoctem
That's a great set of scores! Remember there's still a Band 3 but I honestly have no idea what the limits were last year

Cut off was 4.5 , 4.5, 2.5B I think - which is band 3

Posted from TSR Mobile
People who are still waiting. From comparing distributions with this year and the last I'm quite confident the cut off has lowered. :smile:
Reply 722
Hi
Im in year 12 right now and I would love to do medicine in Imperial, however, Im not sure what makes the imperial's application different to, say Cardiff or Brighton? Apart from the entry requirements (which applicants already have achieved or perhaps even higher grades than them) and the basic work experience, voluntary work etc. what else do they look for? (Im talking 4th a level subject; olympiads; work placements in uni labs; and so on)

PS: I got straight A*s in my GCSEs and currently doing BCM and phsyics. I do grade 6 guitar, grade 6 dance, swimming, volunteering in a carehome, volunteered in a charity shop and a week of work experience in a hospital. Im also doing St John Ambulance. Should i be doing more to make myself stand out?
Further, does Imperial look at what secondary school you did your GCSEs in? I went to a pretty bad school and managed to pull off those grades.I currently go to one of the best schools of the country.
Reply 723
Original post by shlokz12
Hi
Im in year 12 right now and I would love to do medicine in Imperial, however, Im not sure what makes the imperial's application different to, say Cardiff or Brighton? Apart from the entry requirements (which applicants already have achieved or perhaps even higher grades than them) and the basic work experience, voluntary work etc. what else do they look for? (Im talking 4th a level subject; olympiads; work placements in uni labs; and so on)

PS: I got straight A*s in my GCSEs and currently doing BCM and phsyics. I do grade 6 guitar, grade 6 dance, swimming, volunteering in a carehome, volunteered in a charity shop and a week of work experience in a hospital. Im also doing St John Ambulance. Should i be doing more to make myself stand out?
Further, does Imperial look at what secondary school you did your GCSEs in? I went to a pretty bad school and managed to pull off those grades.I currently go to one of the best schools of the country.

From what I know they mostly look at the BMAT. If you get a good score in the BMAT you're pretty much guaranteed an interview, so long you meet the other entry requirements which I'm sure you will.
Those who have gone for interview,,,do you have any idea of how many students were interviewed per day approximately...was just curious to know
Just got a rejection LOL

EDIT: and I knew it
Reply 726
Offer :smile: sooooo relieved
Original post by CutieTootsie
Just got a rejection LOL

EDIT: and I knew it

Me 2. It's not my first choice though so it's ok.
I know a medical student at Imperial who now sits on the interview panel and in order to get an interview they look almost solely at BMAT score, then interview performance. Unfortunately, Imperial are looking for pure academic excellence so music and sport won't give you much of an advantage. If you're doing 4 A levels then I would definitely recommend applying to Queen Mary as they are 50% UCAS points so extra A levels obviously give you a huge advantage in that perspective. Good luck!
Original post by shlokz12
Hi

Don't waste your GCSEs on Imperial. Cardiff would guarantee you an interview, and so would Birmingham. Apply to UCL, it's practically just as prestigious, and considers more than just one test.
Original post by michellem3
Me 2. It's not my first choice though so it's ok.

I totally agree lol I actually prefer my other choices. Not the end of the world! Probably for the best!
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
Don't waste your GCSEs on Imperial. Cardiff would guarantee you an interview, and so would Birmingham. Apply to UCL, it's practically just as prestigious, and considers more than just one test.

Should have applied to UCL 😂 wish I knew what I know when I applied
Original post by 323205
Offer :smile: sooooo relieved

Woo, congrats! An offer offer?! How was your interview?
What a beautiful time to get a rejection ❤️

Edit: came through to my email at 22:25 and updated on track at 22:02
Original post by TianaEsther
What a beautiful time to get a rejection ❤️

Edit: came through to my email at 22:25 and updated on track at 22:02

Why beautiful time? Lol
I just got the big nope too.... so will be awake all night cursing having a crap day when it mattered for BMAT!! Oh well, crossing my fingers for UCL now!
Good luck y'all!! :smile:
Original post by Themightyboo
I just got the big nope too.... so will be awake all night cursing having a crap day when it mattered for BMAT!! Oh well, crossing my fingers for UCL now!

Very wise move to apply to UCL, I think I should have but I wasn't sure if it suited me
Original post by CutieTootsie
Why beautiful time? Lol

I was just about to get back to revision and now I'm feeling demotivated 😂😂
Original post by medstu16
I know a medical student at Imperial who now sits on the interview panel and in order to get an interview they look almost solely at BMAT score, then interview performance. Unfortunately, Imperial are looking for pure academic excellence so music and sport won't give you much of an advantage. If you're doing 4 A levels then I would definitely recommend applying to Queen Mary as they are 50% UCAS points so extra A levels obviously give you a huge advantage in that perspective. Good luck!

I'm pretty sure they look at your personal statement as well and judge that?
Original post by Themightyboo

Have you literally just got this at 23:00, or was it earlier this evening????

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending