Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CutieTootsie)
    Why beautiful time? Lol
    I was just about to get back to revision and now I'm feeling demotivated 😂😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medstu16)
    I know a medical student at Imperial who now sits on the interview panel and in order to get an interview they look almost solely at BMAT score, then interview performance. Unfortunately, Imperial are looking for pure academic excellence so music and sport won't give you much of an advantage. If you're doing 4 A levels then I would definitely recommend applying to Queen Mary as they are 50% UCAS points so extra A levels obviously give you a huge advantage in that perspective. Good luck!
    I'm pretty sure they look at your personal statement as well and judge that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Themightyboo)
    I just got the big nope too.... so will be awake all night cursing having a crap day when it mattered for BMAT!! Oh well, crossing my fingers for UCL now!
    Good luck y'all!!
    Have you literally just got this at 23:00, or was it earlier this evening????
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by TianaEsther)
    I was just about to get back to revision and now I'm feeling demotivated 😂😂
    I know what you mean. There are other choices for Medicine though! Where else did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by desertlover)
    Woo, congrats! An offer offer?! How was your interview?
    The ethical scenario is the scariest part, all the rest of the questions seemed to be just ticking off each of the criteria they state they're looking for; good luck to everyone else applying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drgoundry)
    Have you literally just got this at 23:00, or was it earlier this evening????
    Got it at 22:31!! Bit mean really! :/

ReputationRep:
    I know what you mean. There are other choices for Medicine though! Where else did you apply?
    Yeah that's true, I've applied to kings, Southampton and UCL but haven't heard anything from any of them. Wbu?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 323205)
    The ethical scenario is the scariest part, all the rest of the questions seemed to be just ticking off each of the criteria they state they're looking for; good luck to everyone else applying
    Seems like you aced it! I hope I don't get thrown by the number of people on the panel+ observers...
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by TianaEsther)
    Yeah that's true, I've applied to kings, Southampton and UCL but haven't heard anything from any of them. Wbu?
    Southampton respond late I think! And there's still hope for the others!

I applied to bristol (interview in Jan), Cambridge (interviewed this month) and plymouth (received an offer today!).

See there is still hope!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Themightyboo)
    Got it at 22:31!! Bit mean really! :/
    Totally agree, have heard nothing - borderline reject / interview - story of my life (

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GradeA*UnderA)
    Don't waste your GCSEs on Imperial. Cardiff would guarantee you an interview, and so would Birmingham. Apply to UCL, it's practically just as prestigious, and considers more than just one test.
    I got an interview but still kinda wished I did apply to UCL too.

ReputationRep:

I applied to bristol (interview in Jan), Cambridge (interviewed this month) and plymouth (received an offer today!).

See there is still hope!
    Congrats on the offer! You must be so relieved! I thought I recognised you from the Cambridge thread... Jesus right?

ReputationRep:
    Rejection well I knew that (S2 in the BMAT)
    Still happy cause I got an interview at Barts

ReputationRep:
    I'm so happy. Having just had a tense few days, I just got an offer AND a presidential scholarship to boot!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drgoundry)
    Totally agree, have heard nothing - borderline reject / interview - story of my life (
    If you've not had the boot yet, there's surely a good chance you've got a shot!! Pretty sure they do a mass rejection, so you might be fine! Be positive! Got my fingers crossed for you!

ReputationRep:

See there is still hope!
    Omg that's amazing!! Congratulations on your offer and hopefully the others will give you offers too

ReputationRep:
    ****ing hell I literally just got an offer from Imperial with something called a President's Scholarship! My hands are lit shaking rn

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

To my disappointment, I had my application denied earlier this evening. My BMAT scores were 6.3, 5.7, 4A - can anyone think why I've been rejected? I already have my A Level results of A*AAA (Maths, Biology, Chemistry, Music).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noobfish)
    ****ing hell I literally just got an offer from Imperial with something called a President's Scholarship! My hands are lit shaking rn
    CONGRATS! I've never heard of a Presidents Scholarship though, what is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smith3311)
    Hi everyone,

To my disappointment, I had my application denied earlier this evening. My BMAT scores were 6.3, 5.7, 4A - can anyone think why I've been rejected? I already have my A Level results of A*AAA (Maths, Biology, Chemistry, Music).
    Are you an international?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.