Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oey99)
    Congratulations!!! Is the A* in any specific subject or just any?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you! It's in Biology or Chemistry, I'm doing 4 A2s but they've given an offer based on 3? Either way I'm going to try my best in all 4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carpenoctem)
    I don't know why but I get really excited when other people get offers so I just want to say I'm really happy/excited for you haha.

Oh god, my track hasn't updated once yet so that's going to be fun. I hope that having an interview on the 2nd day pays off and that I hear back before Christmas - I was about to click one of the slots for the 13th but then my superstitious side got to me. If at 10pm I hear that I get rejected maybe that was a bad move oops. We'll see I guess
    Thank you!! Remember that 2/3 who are interviews get an offer so the odds are in your favour! Fingers crossed I'll see you at Imperial in September!! (if ICL is your first choice that is)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oey99)
    I have just received an email from Imperial saying that they're still processing my application although I got an interview invitation :/ should I be worried??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I got that too and I've got an interview... think they've sent it to everyone who hasn't got an offer yet

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,
    Long time lurker first time poster, firstly thanks for all who've commented on this forum its been a great source of info.
    last night I received an offer and a presidential scholarship, my interview was last Wednesday 16.00, i'm very happy. Good luck to everyone else and thanks again for all the contributions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oey99)
    I have just received an email from Imperial saying that they're still processing my application although I got an interview invitation :/ should I be worried??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I got the same email. Quite worried ngl.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by impmed2017)
    Just got a personalised email from Imperial saying that they are 'still processing applications'
    Does the mail mean that they are not sending out invitations this week?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweetcorny)
    Just checked my emails and I've got an offer!! Over the bloody moon, had my interview on Tuesday 13th and was hoping they would reply before Christmas but didn't think they actually would!!
    Wow well done! It must have been nerve-wracking doing it on the first day. Did you go on the tour? Hope to see you around south kensington next year!

ReputationRep:
    I got an email saying that the previous email sent was a mistake. So what they sent me an invite by accident? ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medcraze)
    Does the mail mean that they are not sending out invitations this week?
    I think so? They are probs closing for the holidays now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SargentZenj2)
    I got an email saying that the previous email sent was a mistake. So what they sent me an invite by accident? ??
    Did you get any other emails before your interview invite? Maybe try calling up?

ReputationRep:
    I've not heard anything from Imperial yet except for the email saying that they're still processing applications.

I didn't do well in the BMAT but I'm hoping I meet the cutoff and my personal statement pulls me through.
    Is it true that they send mass rejections first? So if I haven't had a rejection yet does that mean I'm unlikely to get it later.
    I got 4.5, 4.7 and 3.5A
    Do I have a chance yet?
    I would be absolutely ecstatic to get into Imperial.

ReputationRep:
    Will a 4.5 in section 1 meet the boundary?
    has anyone out there got an interview with a 4.5 in section 1?

According to last year's thread, they rejected people who got really low BMAT scores mid-December(like this year ) and also rejected borderline BMAT candidates on the 29th of January.

I am predicting that the cut off will be the same as last year: 4.5 4.5 2.5B

Which means I should be looking out for a rejection in January.

(Original post by SargentZenj2)
    I think they meant that the email saying they were still processing applications was sent in error. As in, if you already got an invite to interview you can ignore today's email as your application has clearly been processed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pennypenpen)
    I think they meant that the email saying they were still processing applications was sent in error. As in, if you already got an invite to interview you can ignore today's email as your application has clearly been processed
    OK thanks cos I think I crapped myself after reading that

ReputationRep:
    i haven't heard anything from imperial, and didn't get the update email, but didn't get a rejection. Doe's this mean I'll e rejected in the next batch?

ReputationRep:
    i row in the same boat as you... :s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspiringmedic178)
    OMG CONGRATS!! Mind sharing your applicant profile like GSCE and Alevel grades etc please?
    Yeah sure I got 12A*s at GCSE
    2 As at AS and predicted A*A*A*A
    BMAT I got 6.6 5.7 3.5A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by desertlover)
    Omg thats amazing, well done! You must have made a great impression. Is Imperial your first choice?
    Might well be now, 6000 is a lot of money

Oh dammnnn that's incredible congratulations! When did you have your interview? I had mine last Wednesday and I haven't heard back so I'm guessing that's a rejection in store for me haha

Congrats! It must be so good to know that you can sleep over Christmas Did you get the email last night or just now? My insides have suddenly just turned to jelly oops
    Yeah mine was last Wednesday too, I'm pretty sure things are shut down at Imperial rn for Christmas cos I haven't got anything except for the UCAS track so just hold out!

ReputationRep:
    Ah fair enough - I also haven't heard back and it's past the usual 10:01/10:02 time where most people hear back. Thanks for the advice and congrats again

Has anyone heard anything today?
    Dont worry about the length of time between interview and reply, i got my offer 2 weeks later than the other people who had interviews on the same day. Did my interview last january btw.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.