Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Were rejections through track or email?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missxyn)
    Were rejections through track or email?
    Both. They notify you from track and then they send you an email about the reason why they rejected you.

ReputationRep:
    No email received since the automatic sent when applying, is that bad? No christmas email received, as they promised, nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspiringmedic178)
    Both. They notify you from track and then they send you an email about the reason why they rejected you.
    Thanks . That means that getting a 4.3 in S2 is either the cut off or above because that's what I got.
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper
    (Original post by meMyself&I)
    No email received since the automatic sent when applying, is that bad? No christmas email received, as they promised, nothing.
    It means absolutely nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carpenoctem)
    Is it safe to assume that admissions won't be sending offers/interviews/rejections till January?
    Yes. Especially after the last email wishing us a good holiday or something.

ReputationRep:
    Is it safe to assume that admissions won't be sending offers/interviews/rejections till January?
    I know you're not going to want to hear this, but unfortunately you just have to be patient when applying to medicine (no pun intended!). I'm in my second year at imperial now, and I didn't get any offers until april and I wasn't even the last person in my school to get a medicine offer. But they will come eventually, and it feels great when you do get an offer

ReputationRep:
    Ah ok, I didn't get that email but that sounds like a clear indicator

Oh geez, April is so far away haha. I'm just curious to see if they'll go with the "you'll hear 2 weeks after your interview" thing since it's christmas and my interview was on the 14th. I guess I'll be waiting a lot longer then
    Seems like it.

"All the best for a restful break over the Christmas period."

ReputationRep:
    Oh geez, April is so far away haha. I'm just curious to see if they'll go with the "you'll hear 2 weeks after your interview" thing since it's christmas and my interview was on the 14th. I guess I'll be waiting a lot longer then
    It'll depend, the best thing is to just not think about it. Focus on any other interviews you have, or on school or on going partying over christmas or whatever haha. And your interview was on the 14th? Did you go on the tour? because I gave the tour that day :P

ReputationRep:
    Yes I did. If there was only one tour that day, and there was only one second year touring, I think I know who you are. (Please don't take that in a creepy way)
    Yh that'll have been me haha

ReputationRep:
    I was one of the Cambridge applicants - not that that narrows things down ha
    yh, narrows it down to pretty much everyone there :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missxyn)
    Thanks . That means that getting a 4.3 in S2 is either the cut off or above because that's what I got.
    how did you work out 4.3 is the cut off for section 2?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theama)
    how did you work out 4.3 is the cut off for section 2?
    Considering I have yet to be rejected with a 4.3 in section 2 im just gonna assume it may be the cut off... or maybe they are just waiting a little while longer to reject me

ReputationRep:
    Hi, can someone do this please. f (x) = e^2x+ 3, g(x) = ln (x – 1), find fg(x) and states its range. I got it to be fg(x) = e^ln(2x-1)+3 where x >3 . I think I'm wrong so explanation would be helpful thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SonicSam)
    Hi, can someone do this please. f (x) = e^2x+ 3, g(x) = ln (x – 1), find fg(x) and states its range. I got it to be fg(x) = e^ln(2x-1)+3 where x >3 . I think I'm wrong so explanation would be helpful thanks
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1482440882.437302.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  71.8 KB

Here you go, if you need a further explanation u can tell me happy to help

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations to anyone who's received an offer from Imperial!!
    and for everyone who got rejected before/post interview, it's not the end of the world, try your best with ur application at other institutions! You can be successful no matter where you go!
    And finally for those who are waiting, patience is a virtue. Nothing comes easily so wait and try not to worry about it.
    Hope everyone has a good holiday! Merry Christmas (if you celebrate it) Don't waste most of your holiday time. Play hard but work harder!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oey99)
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1482440882.437302.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  71.8 KB

Here you go, if you need a further explanation u can tell me happy to help

Posted from TSR Mobile
    hi,
    you see your 5th line where you have omitted the e ... I was wondering what the logic behind this ?

ReputationRep:
    Because the inverse function of f(x)=ln(x) is f(x)^-1=e^x, the result of the nested function f(f(x)^-1)=f(f(x))^-1 will be x. Hence, why e^ln(x-1)^2 = (x-1)^2.

The rule is that the compositce function of a function and its inverse will be equal to the x.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SonicSam)
    hi,
    you see your 5th line where you have omitted the e ... I was wondering what the logic behind this ?
    e^x and ln x are inverse functions

e^lnx = x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johncenaofficial)
    Yeah I'm thinking it'll be good to do that I can feel more comfortable before the interview. I haven't been to the open day so I want to see around the campus as well. What about you?
    How are you trying to prepare for your interview?
    I have completely no idea how to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've got no clue how to prepare either tbh. I haven't been to the open day either so the tour isn't gonna be interesting. I might look at ethical scenarios and how to deal with them?? Have you figured out anything yet?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 1, 2018
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.