Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carpenoctem)
    Yeah had my interview on the 13th Dec but haven't heard back. Presumably the admissions team will be trying to sort through more interviews before letting us know about offers/rekections (at least that what I've convinced myself). When did you have you interview?
    On the same day. Well I guess they have also had Christmas off

ReputationRep:
    quick question
    did we get an portal login when we applied ( it says we should on the website) because I can't find an email with it
    in another place i saw we only get a login if we get an interview

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know the latest date for imperial interviews?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much i was panicking a bit because my other university choices had an student portal
    When you got an interview invite there should be a link that you can go to, to book your interview slot. I don't think there's a portal/account that you can sign in to though.
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Patrycja,o)
    23rd March.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when imperial stops sending out interviews?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Patrycja,o)
    It was 28th of March when I was booking my interview

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    23rd March.
    Hi usycool- Do they ask questions about imperial research themes etc?

ReputationRep:
    how many people so far have received post interview offers here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oey99)
    It was 28th of March when I was booking my interview

Posted from TSR Mobile
    which day is your interview ? or have you already done it ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medictsr)
    which day is your interview ? or have you already done it ?
    My interview is after two weeks 😭 Wednesday the 18th of Jan. I feel like I'm going to be so nervous.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i know this is a thread for 2017 applicants, but would like to ask a quick question! I'm a 2018 applicant with very poor GCSE results for medicine, 3A* 7A; will the 'no gcse grade requirements' criteria really benefit me if I have the predicted grades and have reached the BMAT cutoff? And is it true that the interview offer is entirely based on BMAT score? I've always heard imperial is one of the hardest most prestigious medical schools to get into, so never considered with my grades- is there any point in me looking further into it, or is the whole GCSE thing simply not true?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HR321)
    i know this is a thread for 2017 applicants, but would like to ask a quick question! I'm a 2018 applicant with very poor GCSE results for medicine, 3A* 7A; will the 'no gcse grade requirements' criteria really benefit me if I have the predicted grades and have reached the BMAT cutoff? And is it true that the interview offer is entirely based on BMAT score? I've always heard imperial is one of the hardest most prestigious medical schools to get into, so never considered with my grades- is there any point in me looking further into it, or is the whole GCSE thing simply not true?
    All medical schools are tough to get into but as long as you have the motivation and have a good personal statement, A*AA for a level prediction and a good BMAT then u still have a chance.
    My advice is start preparing for the BMAT from now, maybe 2 hours a week or something. The higher ur BMAT the higher ur chance of getting an interview and hence an offer from Imperial. Best of luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper
    (Original post by medictsr)
    Hi usycool- Do they ask questions about imperial research themes etc?
    They could do if you mention it or if you've talked about an interest in research on your PS. I doubt they'll ask it out of the blue, however.

(Original post by HR321)
    Why would they lie about GCSE requirements on their website?

Your GCSEs aren't poor at all. They're pretty good and would have easily surpassed Imperial's old requirements, you'll just need to avoid places that like seeing lots of A*s (e.g. Oxford). There isn't such thing as a prestigious medical school - they're all approved by the GMC and will allow you to become a doctor. There aren't really any easier or harder medical schools to get into, although you can make it easier for yourself by applying wisely.

In terms of interview, you will need to meet the BMAT cut off but that's not the be all and end all. After you've met the cut off, your PS will also need to be up to standard and your predicted grades will need to match or exceed the minimum requirements. Most people slip up at the BMAT but I disagree with person above saying to start revision now. It's an exam where it's possible to peak too soon imo, and you don't want to run out of resources and panic nearer the time.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    They could do if you mention it or if you've talked about an interest in research on your PS. I doubt they'll ask it out of the blue, however.

Why would they lie about GCSE requirements on their website?

Your GCSEs aren't poor at all. They're pretty good and would have easily surpassed Imperial's old requirements, you'll just need to avoid places that like seeing lots of A*s (e.g. Oxford). There isn't such thing as a prestigious medical school - they're all approved by the GMC and will allow you to become a doctor. There aren't really any easier or harder medical schools to get into, although you can make it easier for yourself by applying wisely.

In terms of interview, you will need to meet the BMAT cut off but that's not the be all and end all. After you've met the cut off, your PS will also need to be up to standard and your predicted grades will need to match or exceed the minimum requirements. Most people slip up at the BMAT but I disagree with person above saying to start revision now. It's an exam where it's possible to peak too soon imo, and you don't want to run out of resources and panic nearer the time.

Good luck!
    haha no I'm not suspecting them of lying, just wanted to double check
    so for Imperial if you get predicted grades above the usual offer of A*AA you're at an advantage? Do they also like a very strong PS? The thought of only getting the results after your application is already in does scare me though, but i will look further into considering imperial. Thank you for the reply!
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper
    (Original post by HR321)
    haha no I'm not suspecting them of lying, just wanted to double check
    so for Imperial if you get predicted grades above the usual offer of A*AA you're at an advantage? Do they also like a very strong PS? The thought of only getting the results after your application is already in does scare me though, but i will look further into considering imperial. Thank you for the reply!
    Haha, fair enough.

In the past, they've said that they consider applicants with predicted grades higher than the minimum 'strong' but I'm not sure if it's still true now. You need to have a decent PS that addresses what they want - I'm fairly sure it says on their website but it's subjective so is the hardest part to advise on, sadly.
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper
    Just got an offer from Imperial (haven't got the email from UCAS yet but I'm a keen bean so I checked)
    Congrats!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you!

I was jumping around whilst my dad was scrolling through my UCAS page and it turns out I got the President's Scholarship thingy Good luck everyone
    Congratulations! how did your interview go?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you!

I was jumping around whilst my dad was scrolling through my UCAS page and it turns out I got the President's Scholarship thingy Good luck everyone
    Congrats that's amazing! What's the Presidents Scholarship?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much! I'm being 100% honest when I say that I was expecting a rejection post interview. I was actually more satisfied with my Cambridge interview than imperial which is unexpected. I just felt like I got into a pickle with the ethical scenario and didn't really come across as offer worthy.

As @/usycool said a couple of weeks back it doesn't seem like they weighted my response too heavily as apparently quite a few people are uncertain about how they've done. If you have an interview coming up, best of luck!

Thank you! Admittedly I don't know too much about it (I didn't even know if its existence until a couple of people received scholarships in mid December). As far as I know it's a scholarship you receive based on your overall application and interview and you don't apply for it separately. I'm supposed to receive further info about it in which case I'll PM you if you want but the others that received it should know more
    Great job I got the president's scholarship in my first year too after thinking my interview had gone to crap. You don't really do much with it; you get a few photos on the uni website and that's about it, but they give you loads of money which is useful! haha. Congrats again

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 1, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.