Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ApartName43)
    I didn't hear anything and I got an interview so don't worry
    Are you an international ? Do they have different criteria for selecting international student

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by desertlover)
    Got an interview tomorrow morning... Feeling nervous as I'm not sure if i've prepared enough. Any last minute tips would be greatly appreciated!
    Hey how'd it go??

ReputationRep:
    I got an interview on Friday with BMAT 5.4, 4.9, 2.5A
    (AAAA predicted)
    When did you get it yesterday ? Are you an international . I have pretty much the same score beside section 2 and an international

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abj0)
    Speak with confidence. Remember to pause and think of answers if you don't know them rather than stuttering. Good luck!
    Thanks for the advice! It's over now feel so relieved

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gliitter)
    Hey how'd it go??
    Hey! It was good thanks. They were quite friendly, good luck for yours if you haven't had it yet!

ReputationRep:
    Hey! It was good thanks. They were quite friendly, good luck for yours if you haven't had it yet!
    When will they let you know about your result?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medic17)
    When will they let you know about your result?
    They said within the next 2 weeks. Now to play the waiting game...

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the advice! It's over now feel so relieved
    Well done! Apparently they pick apart your personal statement. Is this true??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medic17)
    When did you get it yesterday ? Are you an international . I have pretty much the same score beside section 2 and an international
    I got the invite for interview on Friday. No I'm a uk applicant in yr 13

ReputationRep:
    I got the invite for interview on Friday. No I'm a uk applicant in yr 13
    Good luck !!

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview tomorrow at 14.00, as well as a tour prior to the interview at 12.30. Is there any last minute tips anybody would recommend!!
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krishan97)
    I have an interview tomorrow at 14.00, as well as a tour prior to the interview at 12.30. Is there any last minute tips anybody would recommend!!
    Thanks
    Just be yourself, they're obviously interested in you hence the interview, and therefore want to see what you're like at face value.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carpenoctem)
    Just relax and if you're nervous try not to rush straight into your answers without thinking it through (I did that with the ethical bit)! I had mine at the same time as you and went on the tour so you've pretty much got enough time between the two to get yourself in the zone. I wouldn't try cramming anything into that time, just chill with other applicants and try not to worry about factual recall because they just want you to say what you think. Good luck!
    Roughly how long did your interview last?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys.

For those who did the interview, were the ethical questions slightly obscure or ones that you've probably seen before (e.g. euthanasia, free healthcare, organ donation)?

Not asking you to list the question(s) but how did you feel about it when asked?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carpenoctem)
    I think just over 10ish minutes according to my dad who was outside waiting for me.

I'd probably classify mine as slightly obscure. It was pretty straightforward but I'd never considered it before when thinking about medical ethics questions. As long as you explain yourself clearly and don't do anything that's obviously wrong/controversial (like common sense, nothing too complicated) I'm sure you'll be fine.
    Helpful response. Thanks.

So how did you prepare? Did you use the ISC book by any chance?

Sorry I'll stop pestering you with questions.
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Study Helper
    (Original post by iamDev)
    Would I be at a disadvantage if I did the interview at a later date? So say I picked 22nd Feb over the 1st Feb - would it slightly harder to get an offer as more candidates would have been interviewed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nope - you have an equal chance of whenever you are interviewed.

ReputationRep:
    I got an interview on Friday with BMAT 5.4, 4.9, 2.5A
    (AAAA predicted)
    Do you know if you're guaranteed an interview if you have made the imperial beat cutoff ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Senthil Patel)
    Do you know if you're guaranteed an interview if you have made the imperial beat cutoff ?
    To my knowledge you are not.

ReputationRep:
    To my knowledge you are not.
    How much was your BMAT ? And are you a current applicant ? As I see ppl getting offers with very low BMAT .

ReputationRep:
    interview tomorrow at 1.40, nerves are horrible

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.