Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    Exam time is crazy. If you're a volunteer on here (i.e. support team or section leader) for either Study Help or Uni's, you get invited to the TSR office in Brighton to help out with how busy it gets. They give you a hotel room and donuts and pizza though :coma:
    Seems lovely. I just hope that the pizza would be Dominos instead of Pizza Hut; I know I'm gonna trigger some people by saying that, haha.
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Study Helper
    (Original post by GradeA*UnderA)
    Seems lovely. I just hope that the pizza would be Dominos instead of Pizza Hut; I know I'm gonna trigger some people by saying that, haha.
    Nah man, Papa John's is where it's at.

I can't remember where the pizza's are from in the offices!

ReputationRep:
    Or because we Imperial medics (and applicants) actually have a life outside this website, unlike other Med students

I kid, of course.
    Banterrr

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GradeA*UnderA)
    Dominos>Pizza Hut

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey people,
    Does our bmat score get ranked within its bands? For example, a score of: 7, 7, 2.5B(Where 2.5B is the cut off) mean that you are better off than someone who just got into the cut off?
    Thankss

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rifdhy)
    Hey people,
    Does our bmat score get ranked within its bands? For example, a score of: 7, 7, 2.5B(Where 2.5B is the cut off) mean that you are better off than someone who just got into the cut off?
    Thankss
    Yessir. Within those bands, they look at your A-levels/ IB and your personal statement (correct me if i'm wrong)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheeku)
    Yessir. Within those bands, they look at your A-levels/ IB and your personal statement (correct me if i'm wrong)
    He would be in band 3 because of his section three score - even though his section one and two are amazing. Imperial looks for consistency across all sections it seems like. I don't think there's been any information released as to what goes on within bands.

ReputationRep:
    Do we know when they might release this year's cut-off? Do they do that when the results come out?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by aspiringmedic178)
    Do we know when they might release this year's cut-off? Do they do that when the results come out?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I hope so! I just wish that everyone who applied doesn't have amazing scores so that boundaries will be low

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CutieTootsie)
    I hope so! I just wish that everyone who applied doesn't have amazing scores so that boundaries will be low

Hahah same

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper
    (Original post by aspiringmedic178)

Posted from TSR Mobile

They are released well after the application cycle, so you won't know until you've either been given an offer/rejection I'm afraid.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    They are released well after the application cycle, so you won't know until you've either been given an offer/rejection I'm afraid.
    Nooooo 😭😭😭😭 don't say this to me
    Even if I rang up a few days after results came out, they wouldn't tell me? That's so unfair

ReputationRep:
    The cut offs have been quite similar in recent years, so we should be able to tell whether we have made it once the results come out😬

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by GradeAMerchant)
    The cut offs have been quite similar in recent years, so we should be able to tell whether we have made it once the results come out😬

Posted from TSR Mobile
    do you mean UKCAT results, including deciles?

UPDATE: I thought this was a different thread. I'm not stupid, really 🙃

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when Imperial send out information about who has got an interview?
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Asian5)
    Does anyone know when Imperial send out information about who has got an interview?
    They'll probably start at about the end of this month/early December.

ReputationRep:
    do you mean UKCAT results, including deciles?

UPDATE: I thought this was a different thread. I'm not stupid, really 🙃
    No worries 🙂

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper
    (Original post by GradeAMerchant)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I remember when I applied a couple of years ago, got results and thought I would get rejected pre-interview. I'm now a second year here so don't write anything off until the last minute. Unless you score like 2 or something.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I remember when I applied a couple of years ago, got results and thought I would get rejected pre-interview. I'm now a second year here so don't write anything off until the last minute. Unless you score like 2 or something.
    You say this, but your stats were probably amazing! 😉

• Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper
    You say this, but your stats were probably amazing! 😉

Haha

Nah, my BMAT was very mediocre. Whenever we rant at Imperial about how horrible the test is and we ask each other what they score, everyone goes "Oh you'll not have done as badly as I did!". Then they hear my score and go "Oh...sorry for asking " :lol:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.