Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)

We do have some dissection, although we don't dissect the full body. For things like anatomy of the thorax/abdomen/pelvis, there tended to be quite a bit of dissection to do but then for things like head, neck and spine and limbs, there seems to be more prosection rather than dissection. There still is some but most of it is done for you. Even then, I managed to mess it up and cut into the brain when I wasn't meant to, making me decide instantly that I'd probably be a terrible neurosurgeon.
    Oh thank you for the information 😊Seems very interesting. Can I also ask what clubs and societies are available at Imperial, I've been searching but I couldn't find it on the website. Is there any link or somewhere I can look at to have an idea? My interview is next week I hope it goes well. Anyone on the tour next Wednesday?
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Study Helper
    (Original post by oey99)
    Oh thank you for the information 😊Seems very interesting. Can I also ask what clubs and societies are available at Imperial, I've been searching but I couldn't find it on the website. Is there any link or somewhere I can look at to have an idea? My interview is next week I hope it goes well. Anyone on the tour next Wednesday?
    Yep, clubs here and you can click the societies button too to find them: http://www.icsmsu.com/exec/clubs-societies/clubs/

These are only the medic societies/clubs, but you can also find the Imperial societies here: https://www.imperialcollegeunion.org...eties-projects (click the letters on the right).

Good luck with the interview! 'Fraid I won't be in SAF on interview days next week so no one shall be seeing me. :nah:

ReputationRep:
    I'm an international student and I received an interview offer on 7 December? Just had my interview yesterday
    7.4 6.7 3.5A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medwannabe12)
    I'm an international student and I received an interview offer on 7 December? Just had my interview yesterday
    7.4 6.7 3.5A
    Congratulations! Did you apply to the graduate entry program?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InternationalDoc)
    Congratulations! Did you apply for the graduate entry program?
    Thanks! I'm an undergraduate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medwannabe12)
    7.4 6.7 3.5A
    How was it?

ReputationRep:
    Just got an interview! BMAT 5.2, 5.1, 3.5A. A*AA predictions, 6 a*s 4 a's GCSE. Home undergraduate.

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know if the Band 2 interviews are any different or harder in comparison to the Band 1 interviews? There must be some difference, otherwise there would be no need in banding the applicants? Or, what is the banding system for if that is not true?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meMyself&I)
    Does anybody know if the Band 2 interviews are any different or harder in comparison to the Band 1 interviews? There must be some difference, otherwise there would be no need in banding the applicants? Or, what is the banding system for if that is not true?
    I don't think they used the banding system this year but I might be wrong

ReputationRep:
    There is no difference, once you're at the interview stage then there is no discrimination. The banding (if there was any) was probably just a way to organise everyone, it's much easier to organise things when they're in order! If anything, later interviews should actually be easier as you've had more time to prepare...

ReputationRep:
    usycool1 I had my interview the other day and feel i messed up a little on the teamwork example by giving a more leadership geared example, they mentioned this to me which caused me to then ramble a little and give a weak example. do you think this alone will take me out of the running

ReputationRep:
    I think banding set stem may be used to decide who gets priority for an interview. So they give all interviews to the best band 1 applicants then if there are spaces left they choose the best band 2 applicants and so on, until there are no spaces left.

ReputationRep:
    I just received post interview offer from Imperial this evening!! I can't believe it!!! I'm an A109 applicant and had my interview in December by the way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tommychien83)
    I just received post interview offer from Imperial this evening!! I can't believe it!!! I'm an A109 applicant and had my interview in December by the way
    Congratulations!!!! That's amazing!

ReputationRep:
    My BMAT is very low s1 4.5 s2 5.4 and s3 2,5A . I hope i get an interview offer . Have seen people with similar BMAT score getting interiew offers

ReputationRep:
    Have imperial started rejecting?
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Study Helper
    (Original post by glad-he-ate-her)
    usycool1 I had my interview the other day and feel i messed up a little on the teamwork example by giving a more leadership geared example, they mentioned this to me which caused me to then ramble a little and give a weak example. do you think this alone will take me out of the running
    Absolutely not, if the rest of the interview was ok.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone already had their interview? If so what sort of questions did they ask and were there's a lot of questions about science we learn in school or is it just personal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    Absolutely not, if the rest of the interview was ok.
    thanks for settling my conscience, hope i remember it as worse than it was, what do you think it means if i felt like my interviewers were slightly harsh and pushing me to finish and cutting me off before i could wrap my answer up, making it seem disjointed

also, after interviews is interview performance the only thing used to differentiate ( nothing else considered) and is the offer/rejection decision made right after you leave the room?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by song_han)
    Has anyone already had their interview? If so what sort of questions did they ask and were there's a lot of questions about science we learn in school or is it just personal?
    Not allowed to tell you, that being said, google imperial medicine interview freedom of information

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.