Imperial College- Medicine 2017 entry watch

Announcements
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper
    (Original post by SonicSam)
    Hi,
    that was what i thought to ,initial- about putting the pateints life at risk due to extened working hours. However, the maximum limit has actually decreased from 90 hours to 72 hours per week and not allowed to work more than 6 consective days in a row.e.t.c. Clearly this is better safegaurding and also doesnt doctors (apart from consultant ) already work 7 days in NHS. I thought it was only out patients stuff that wasn't working as Jr.Doctors are always around in A&E. So, it seems that the doctors are complaining about money only.. please prove me wrong , thats what i want
    Essentially, they are removing financial penalties to hospitals if doctors end up working for more hours than they're meant to. What 'incentives' will hospitals have now to prevent the junior doctors from working more hours than they're meant to?
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper
    (Original post by SonicSam)
    Also J.Hunt said those stats in an interview ( you can find it in youtube)
    ...which many medical professionals, top scientists (even Stephen Hawking) and the writers of the studies themselves that Hunt uses have all argued against. Have a look at those too. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asian5)
    I felt like I messed up one of the questions, but apart from that I think it went okay. I just really want an offer!! Have you had an interview yet?
    Oh i see, i'm sure it went fine! No mine is in a month time

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had any post-interview rejection?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fwong99)
    Oh i see, i'm sure it went fine! No mine is in a month time
    Good Luck!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asian5)
    Has anyone who got interviewed last week got an offer yet?
    Still waiting !!

ReputationRep:
    Any international heard of any interviews offer ? Am still waiting ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medic17)
    Still waiting

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting

ReputationRep:
    I`ve had my interview only two days ago but I am checking UCAS Track every now and then. They said I should hear within two weeks but have all the people who had their interview in December heard back from them? just wondering

ReputationRep:
    As far as I know, they said they "aim" to get back to you in 2 weeks, could possibly be more or even less. UCL for example, told me on my interview day that it''ll most likely be 10-14 days but if it's been 14 days+ without any news, we can call them up. I don't know whether or not this applies to Imperial.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krishan97)
    As far as I know, they said they "aim" to get back to you in 2 weeks, could possibly be more or even less. UCL for example, told me on my interview day that it''ll most likely be 10-14 days but if it's been 14 days+ without any news, we can call them up. I don't know whether or not this applies to Imperial.
    Oh thank you. I guess I`ll have to wait and see. Good luck with your application. Hopefully you`ll hear good news from UCL and other institutions soon. When have you had your interview at Imperial?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krishan97)
    I would assume the longer the wait, the better the news though! I already got rejected by UCL post-interview. Meh ☹️

ReputationRep:
    If the trend from last year continues, people who had interviews last week should hear today at 22:01.
    Good luck guys!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by First choice)
    If the trend from last year continues, people who had interviews last week should hear today at 22:01.
    Good luck guys!!
    Where did you get this information?

ReputationRep:
    Have imperial given out rejection yet?

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!! I applied (last year but for 2017 entry) so here's some info if you're interested!
    Rejections tend to be given within the first week of the interview.
    Offers tend to be given within the first two weeks of the interview.
    Imperial like to give all of their offers and rejections in batches and UCAS will usually update to reflect the decisions after 22:00.

There was a clear pattern in that usually, people who come out of the interview tend to know whether they've got an offer all not. That is to say, if the interviewers were friendly throughout then there is a better chance of getting an offer since they tend to make their decision immediately at the end of the interview.

If anyone would like to ask me any questions, feel free to send me a message or w/e and I'll get back to you asap!! Good luck to you all and I look forwards to meeting some of you in October!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rifdhy)
    Have imperial given out rejection yet?
    Probably by next week end of january

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lerche)
    Hi guys!! I applied (last year but for 2017 entry) so here's some info if you're interested!
    Rejections tend to be given within the first week of the interview.
    Offers tend to be given within the first two weeks of the interview.
    Imperial like to give all of their offers and rejections in batches and UCAS will usually update to reflect the decisions after 22:00.

There was a clear pattern in that usually, people who come out of the interview tend to know whether they've got an offer all not. That is to say, if the interviewers were friendly throughout then there is a better chance of getting an offer since they tend to make their decision immediately at the end of the interview.

If anyone would like to ask me any questions, feel free to send me a message or w/e and I'll get back to you asap!! Good luck to you all and I look forwards to meeting some of you in October!!
    My bmat is s1 5.4 , s2 4.5. S3 2.5 A . Do you think i have chance to be invited for interview

ReputationRep:
    My bmat is s1 5.4 , s2 4.5. S3 2.5 A . Do you think i have chance to be invited for interview
    Yes, you should have just about scraped the boundary for the bmat requirements (if they're similar to last year anyway!
    Last year the threshold was 4.5, 4.5 and 2.5B
    You can see how the results are slightly differently skewed this year compared to last year:
    http://www.admissionstestingservice....sults-2016.pdf
    http://www.admissionstestingservice....sults-2015.pdf

Your BMAT was actually very similar to mine last year actually so I wouldn't worry too much!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 1, 2018
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.