The Student Room Group

Imperial College- Medicine 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

has anyone received an email from Imperial as well ,after UCAS Track update with an offer?
Original post by hihi1304
Got the offer last night- was ecstatic as obvious first choice and nearly 2 weeks exactly after the interview (10th Jan) which is impressive on Imperial's part. I got to hand it to them, I didn't expect such a speedy turnover and decision, but they were true to their word. Good luck people still waiting, but I reccomend not calling or emailing admin asking why it isn't here yet especially if it hasn't been at least the full two weeks or 3 which is what I expected to be honest.
The offer was A*AA which is standard and my BMAT was 5.9 5.3 3.5A

Well done that's so sick (Don't know if that slang is still in use tbf).

I've got my interview next month, do you have any advice with preparing for interview, and how did you find your interview itself (in general)?
Did anyone who had an interview today found the interviewers were being difficult and rude???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you think they are still going to send interview invitations? Was it this long last year?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Percypig17
Well done that's so sick (Don't know if that slang is still in use tbf).

I've got my interview next month, do you have any advice with preparing for interview, and how did you find your interview itself (in general)?

Well you've got plenty of time! Honestly I only actually started preparing for it the day before/on the day by reading over notes I made on work experiences and the usual why medicine, leadership skills, ethics etc as it was the third interview I'd done like I had King's the month before. I cannot stress how important it is to know your personal statement inside out, any books/procedures/placements you mention you have to be able to speak about in depth and have factual recall on your finger tips so when they asked me about the TAVI procedure for example I could regurgitate the info and then they could move on to the more interesting ethics/principles questions. Doesn't reflect well if you write about something you don't know much about as the PS will form the basis of most of the question starters.
There will always be an ethical scenario and for that just brush up on values like Confidentiality, informed consent, beneficience etc. Just make sure you've thought through more personal questions like your weaknesses, teamwork, etc as these proved to be more important to Imperial than broad issues like the Jr Dr's contract.

The interview itself was chill, the person chairing kept smiling so it helped even when other members of the panel like the med student tried to have a go and interrogate my answers. They just want to get to know you, so relax and open up. :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Johncenaofficial
Did anyone who had an interview today found the interviewers were being difficult and rude???

Posted from TSR Mobile

Everything was fine until ethics... The interviewer questioned everything I said, dismissed a legitimate point I made... I felt terrible for the rest of the day... But looking back at it I believe that she was doing this on purpose to just see where the conversation would lead... I stuck to my points but did acknowledge the points she was making... hopefully, everything will be fine.
Original post by Billy_Boi
Everything was fine until ethics... The interviewer questioned everything I said, dismissed a legitimate point I made... I felt terrible for the rest of the day... But looking back at it I believe that she was doing this on purpose to just see where the conversation would lead... I stuck to my points but did acknowledge the points she was making... hopefully, everything will be fine.

One of the interviewers stopped me speaking around 4 times and just was giving me dirty looks all the way through, like he wanted to fight me or something. And when it came to the ethics question he just took the absolute piss. I answered the best I can however I think if I get a rejection it's definitely because of him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
One of the interviewers stopped me speaking around 4 times and just was giving me dirty looks all the way through, like he wanted to fight me or something. And when it came to the ethics question he just took the absolute piss. I answered the best I can however I think if I get a rejection it's definitely because of him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

They are testing resilience my friend, resilience... (That's what I'm telling myself, otherwise yeah insta-rejection.)
They are testing resilience my friend, resilience... (That's what I'm telling myself, otherwise yeah insta-rejection.)

Mine was literally the opposite - not stopped at all; interviewers agreed with all my points but they seemed a little quiet so I'm not sure if that's good or bad tbh

I'm being 100% completely honest when I say that I had the impression that he wanted to fight me. He was just so smug and didn't give me no attention and was just in general being an absolute pr***.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm being 100% completely honest when I say that I had the impression that he wanted to fight me. He was just so smug and didn't give me no attention and was just in general being an absolute pr***.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Man I'm sorry to hear that, it'll always be difficult if you have interviewers like that. What time was your interview out of curiosity?
Man I'm sorry to hear that, it'll always be difficult if you have interviewers like that. What time was your interview out of curiosity?

2:40. What time was yours? Its so unfair that my future will be decided by today's interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile
2:40. What time was yours? Its so unfair that my future will be decided by today's interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile

10:40, just hope for the best and forget about it. Nothing we can do now.
Anyone got an offer today?
Original post by Asian5
Anyone got an offer today?

I didn't get a reply, sigh 😣
I think we won't hear until next Tuesday now.
Original post by MeenalochniDeepy
I didn't get a reply, sigh 😣
I think we won't hear until next Tuesday now.

When was your interview?
Original post by Asian5
When was your interview?

Last Wednesday
Hey guys!!! Thought it'd be nice to have a thread for offer holders!!! https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4527996&p=69776776#post69776776
Original post by Incognito197
Do you think they are still going to send interview invitations? Was it this long last year?

Still waiting for an interview 😭
Original post by Medic17
Still waiting for an interview 😭

same:frown:

Quick Reply