Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CutieTootsie)
    I feel like I've only just realised how crazy it is to have applied to imperial:/ the cut-offs are discouraging.
    Many phenomenal applicants will get instant rejections because they didn't do well on the BMAT :/
    😭😭😭😭😭

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't doubt yourself! One of my teachers always says 'you deserve this just as much as anyone else and you are capable of getting it.', so think we all just need to be positive and hope for the best.

ReputationRep:
    Wish I was applying in the 2005 days where you only needed ABB - without even having to take an entrance exam.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by GradeA*UnderA)
    Wish I was applying in the 2005 days where you only needed ABB - without even having to take an entrance exam.
    Omg it was so much worse before that! I know a consultant paediatrician who got CDD and got into medical school in Bristol 😱

ReputationRep:
    Omg it was so much worse before that! I know a consultant paediatrician who got CDD and got into medical school in Bristol 😱
    Lol, I think it was during a time when no one bothered with university because it wasn't really necessary to get professional jobs. But now, there's competition everywhere 😰
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Study Helper
    I feel like I've only just realised how crazy it is to have applied to imperial:/ the cut-offs are discouraging.
    Many phenomenal applicants will get instant rejections because they didn't do well on the BMAT :/
    😭😭😭😭😭

You don't know how you've done until Friday. There's no need to doubt yourself. Even if you don't get into Imperial, the most important thing is to actually get a place somewhere so, as easy as it is for me to say, try not to worry too much about the BMAT.

(Original post by GradeA*UnderA)
    One of the GPs I was working with in my gap year got an unconditional from Cardiff (she was still doing her A-Levels at the time). Imagine if that still existed today :moon:
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Study Helper
    (Original post by carpenoctem)
    I know exactly how you feel. I personally feel its easier to get into Cambridge (if you're good enough) than Imperial simply because they don't have such a harsh culling system before properly looking at the applications. :/
    I think it depends on your strengths, really. We have lots of Oxbridge rejects here (including me ) but who got into Imperial, but we also have a few who got offers from Oxbridge but turned them down interestingly.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else got an email from UCL asking to send proof of work experience????
    Or is it just me???

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone- just wondering how you all found the BMAT this year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OnceUponADoc)
    Hi everyone- just wondering how you all found the BMAT this year?
    Still trying to forget it :|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johncenaofficial)
    Has anyone else got an email from UCL asking to send proof of work experience????
    Or is it just me???

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Imperial thread. I understand the excitement but there is a UCL thread for a reason.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    They get our results tomorrow

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Someone told me they don't even release cut-offs. They just reject you. So cruel

ReputationRep:
    Someone told me they don't even release cut-offs. They just reject you. So cruel

It doesn't make any differences whether they tell us the cut off or not because our results won't change either ways.

ReputationRep:
    They get our results tomorrow

I am so excited and nervous!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Earth1)
    I am so excited and nervous!
    Haha same 😬

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Earth1)
    It doesn't make any differences whether they tell us the cut off or not because our results won't change either ways.
    But surely it would give peace of mind? Other universities release their cut-offs

ReputationRep:
    But surely it would give peace of mind? Other universities release their cut-offs
    So if they get our results tomorrow, we will hear from them tomorrow if we didn't meet the cut off?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by aspiringmedic178)
    So if they get our results tomorrow, we will hear from them tomorrow if we didn't meet the cut off?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    erm, not sure - probably not. dont they decide the cut-offs based on how many people they want to invite to interview? so i'm guessing they'd need to have meeting to decide on these things - I'm not optimistic about hearing tomorrow

I really hope the trend continues with other uni cut-offs, and theirs drops a lot too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missxyn)
    Still trying to forget it :|
    Hmm, yep. Didn't like section 2 so much :/

ReputationRep:
    I wonder what all the band cut offs will be this year???

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.