Offer! Interview 24th Jan

ReputationRep:
    Rejected without an interview.
    International student BMAT 6.6 5.7 3B

ReputationRep:
    ^ Same (graduate entry).

8.1 5.5 2.5A

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear that guys ^, you are obviously amazing applicants and I'm convinced you'll still make excellent doctors!
    I felt my interview went well when I came out, I waffled on some of the questions, but the people were quite nice.

ReputationRep:
    I wonder when they'll make a Facebook group for medicine offer holders? Other unis seem to have made them already

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone who received an offer, received an email from them? Because they mention a DBS form but I have no idea what that is and how to complete it and where to get the form from.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    DBS form is basically a criminal record check, you can get one online at disclosure Scotland, but I think the cheapest Is something like £26 (not too sure though)

(Original post by Johncenaofficial)
    Has anyone who received an offer, received an email from them? Because they mention a DBS form but I have no idea what that is and how to complete it and where to get the form from.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Study Helper

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They'll send you the DBS form and all occupational health forms soon, so you don't need to worry about that for the time being. It was sent around March time when I applied (iirc).

ReputationRep:
    Yup as Dan said it's a criminal record check and I had it done for my volunteering (they gave me the form to complete). I haven't got an email from them yet after my offer and since the dbs usually takes like a month to process, I think that we'll hear from them later about it since I'm guessing we'll get a form from them to do it.

ReputationRep:
    Once u get a track offer do they send u anything else? Im not sure if I should be waiting for an email/letter..?

ReputationRep:
    Hi just wondering if someone who is currently a medic at imperial can answer a few questions.

-I know the first two years are largely based in South Ken but where else do you have lectures/tutorials etc?

- where do most students live after 1st year?

- I know which hospitals are part of imperial but which ones are you actually at in years 3, 5 & 6. Are you every sent outside of Greater London?

- in year 4 are you back in South Ken?

- the term dates for the whole uni are up til end of June in practise do you finish earlier in medicine or does it run right up til end of June?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Do they ask questions on the NHS? I don't think they do but I'm not sure. Any other interview tips would be very much appreciated 👏🏻

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    They'll send you the DBS form and all occupational health forms soon, so you don't need to worry about that for the time being. It was sent around March time when I applied (iirc).
    What vaccines are required for the occupational health form? Are there any other questions asked?
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper
    (Original post by student470)
    What vaccines are required for the occupational health form? Are there any other questions asked?
    I can't remember them all but a fair few. Don't worry if you can't get them on time either - just as long as you fill in the form saying which ones you've had and which ones are outstanding and submit it on time, you'll be fine and OH will sort out any outstanding vaccinations to be had.

They will also ask you questions about your general health.
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Happyals)
    Hi just wondering if someone who is currently a medic at imperial can answer a few questions.

-I know the first two years are largely based in South Ken but where else do you have lectures/tutorials etc?
    You spend fair bit of time at Charing Cross Hospital too (which is actually in Hammersmith and not Charing Cross), and anatomy teaching/dissection happens there too. You may have some teaching at St Mary's but that's literally about 2 or 3 sessions in the entire two years. You might, although it's unlikely, have some tutorials in Hammersmith Hospital too (which is in Acton and not Hammersmith).

- where do most students live after 1st year?
    Most I know tend to live around the Hammersmith area, near Charing Cross hospital.

- I know which hospitals are part of imperial but which ones are you actually at in years 3, 5 & 6. Are you every sent outside of Greater London?
    Yes, you can be, and the allocation seems to be random. My first placement was in St Peters (which is also shared with St George's Med School) which is in Surrey so it was a fair trek every day.

- in year 4 are you back in South Ken?
    Depends on your BSc as to wher you'd mostly be tbh.

- the term dates for the whole uni are up til end of June in practise do you finish earlier in medicine or does it run right up til end of June?

Thanks
    Tends to be a little earlier, except in the final years where you get hardly any time off.

ReputationRep:
    You spend fair bit of time at Charing Cross Hospital too (which is actually in Hammersmith and not Charing Cross), and anatomy teaching/dissection happens there too. You may have some teaching at St Mary's but that's literally about 2 or 3 sessions in the entire two years. You might, although it's unlikely, have some tutorials in Hammersmith Hospital too (which is in Acton and not Hammersmith).

Most I know tend to live around the Hammersmith area, near Charing Cross hospital.

Yes, you can be, and the allocation seems to be random. My first placement was in St Peters (which is also shared with St George's Med School) which is in Surrey so it was a fair trek every day.

Tends to be a little earlier, except in the final years where you get hardly any time off.
    Would you say most placements over the 6 years are in or out of London? Also do you pay your own travel? Are the placement hours in times you'd be able to get public transport? Thanks

ReputationRep:

How much is rent in 2nd year, generally?

ReputationRep:
    Anuone recieved an interview invite over the last few days/week?

ReputationRep:
    anyone*

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 1, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.