Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miles Edgeworth)
    Received an offer last week "Offer" is A*A*A*- not really an offer since I'm a re-applicant, so they just want to check my certificates to make sure I wasn't using my application form as a space to write a sequel for Lord of the Rings
    Spoiler:
    Show

BMAT 6.3 7.5 4A, I got A*A*A*A*AB for A2 for Maths Bio Chem Further Maths Phys German respectively (German literally took twice the effort and time as any other subject and gave me a B- I'd advise dropping it if you still can, it's very inefficient and will drag down your other grades if you're not careful), message me if you need help with those pesky "how to get A* " advice, I was only predicted A*A*AAB for AS, so struggled a bit to get offers first time round. Taught myself further maths from scratch, sat AEA maths (got distinction) and tried harder in year 13 and it paid off. Don't give up even if you get no medical offers this year... I didn't

Congrats on the offer!! Thought you'd be applying for Law tho with your username

ReputationRep:
    Had my interview today. At first, I thought it was kind of okay, but now I realised that it was terrible lol. I mean, the people at the panel were veery nice but I was really chaotical with my answers and didn't actually make a point and say what I wanted to say (lowkey waiting for another rejection meh)

shoutout to the people I met in the waiting room! Had a very nice chat with you guys! (I was the guy with glasses and long hair)

Good luck everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fwong99)
    Congratulations, did you find ukcat and bmat easier the second time you did them?
    I didn't do UKCAT first time or second time, I thought bmat was easier second time. I had 5.7 7.4 3B first time, which wasn't bad but we can probably be over 95% confident that the improvement was significant :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Username-)
    Congrats on the offer!! Thought you'd be applying for Law tho with your username
    Haha! I'm glad someone knows the reference! Was a fun game, partly contributed to my lack of preparation for medical school application the first time round (;

worth though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dj3824)
    If you visit the imperial college london website..............

They no longer have gcse requirements!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thats what i thought too!!!!! but my uni advisor from school said they would still be looking at your gcse grades but the requirements are just not transparent anymore ((

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by novialong)
    Thats what i thought too!!!!! but my uni advisor from school said they would still be looking at your gcse grades but the requirements are just not transparent anymore ((
    not true!
    know couple of people with fairly low GCSE who have been offered an interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miles Edgeworth)
    I didn't do UKCAT first time or second time, I thought bmat was easier second time. I had 5.7 7.4 3B first time, which wasn't bad but we can probably be over 95% confident that the improvement was significant :P
    did you do Bristol interview as well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caro99)
    does anyone know how likely an offer is to be AAA rather than A*AA?
    i think everyone have received A*AA offer.
    unless anyone out there who would like to post, who have received an AAA offer?

ReputationRep:
    anyone with both UCL and Imperial offers?
    which one would you choose?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medictsr)
    did you do Bristol interview as well?
    Yeah

ReputationRep:
    Shoutout to the polish meyo guy!!
    I bet it wasn't as bad as you think Hope you get an offer and good luck in your interview today!
    Tbh one guy in my panel really grilled me about anything I said....but the other was really friendly. It felt like a good cop bad cop play which really messed with my head :/

(Original post by mayonnaise_)
    Had my interview today. At first, I thought it was kind of okay, but now I realised that it was terrible lol. I mean, the people at the panel were veery nice but I was really chaotical with my answers and didn't actually make a point and say what I wanted to say (lowkey waiting for another rejection meh)

shoutout to the people I met in the waiting room! Had a very nice chat with you guys! (I was the guy with glasses and long hair)

Good luck everyone

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how many people Imperial are interviewing and how many offers they make?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gabm18)
    Does anyone know how many people Imperial are interviewing and how many offers they make?
    750 interviews and about 450-480 offers !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medictsr)
    750 interviews and about 450-480 offers !
    So well over half of the interviewees are offered a place! My interview is next month and I really hope I can get a place! Does anyone have any advice for the interviews?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gabm18)
    So well over half of the interviewees are offered a place! My interview is next month and I really hope I can get a place! Does anyone have any advice for the interviews?
    I prepared from ISC medical interview book and every single question they asked was in that book, including the ethical scenario.
    Read this book couple of times at least and add your own experiences.
    prepare the question" why you want to be a doctor" as you will be asked this question almost certainly !

ReputationRep:
    I was interviewed yesterday, and they said it would be 3 weeks until i heard a response. I'm just wondering if this is what they told other people because people from my school who were interviewed earlier were told within 2 weeks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vanloo9)
    I was interviewed yesterday, and they said it would be 3 weeks until i heard a response. I'm just wondering if this is what they told other people because people from my school who were interviewed earlier were told within 2 weeks
    They said "next couple of weeks" to me

ReputationRep:
    do they take that long to send out rejection letters too? (i'm already expecting one tbh)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vanloo9)
    I had mine yesterday too and they said I will get an answer in the next 2-3 weeks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neilthomas)
    They said "next couple of weeks" to me
    (Original post by Dom_uk99)
    I had mine yesterday too and they said I will get an answer in the next 2-3 weeks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.