Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Whoever has gotten an offer, when you get a ucas update did it tell you via email?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SonicSam)
    I go to a sixth form where there is 40% pass rate let alone A*/A . But let's see if the hard work pays off now .

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It will put you in a good position at medical school, no one spoon feeds you there so those that have had to be more self motivated will likely do better 😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quarrdent)
    Whoever has gotten an offer, when you get a ucas update did it tell you via email?
    For imperial just check track after 10pm at night - they always seem to come through at 10.01pm!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rohit5148)
    I go to a grammar school, the new students who joined our sixth form wanted to go back to their old school because the teaching at mine was absolute sheit compared to their old comp.

Our school thrives off the success of the student's own effort, simply put, you cannot rely on the teaching at my school to get you even an A, yet we have 99% A*-C at GCSE.
    It's literally the same at my school. Some of the teachers are so bad that i learn more on the lessons where they aren't there and i read the textbook to learn a topic. And that's in a private school. Although what I can say is an advantage is the preparation they gave me and all the other medical applicants in terms of UKCAT, BMAT and interviews.

ReputationRep:
    Declined :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tombnm)
    Declined :/
    pre interview??

ReputationRep:
    post interview - ucas said that either my application was unsuccessful, or that they already have filled all places (?)

ReputationRep:
    post interview - ucas said that either my application was unsuccessful, or that they already have filled all places (?)
    When was your interview ?

ReputationRep:
    Invitation - 8/12/2016
    Interview (I chose myself the date) - 21/02/2017

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear this, good luck with the rest of your application!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quarrdent)
    Sorry to hear this, good luck with the rest of your application!
    Thanks anyway I'm probably gonna go to sleep now. Good luck to the rest of you who are still fighting

ReputationRep:
    ummmm.... how awkward imperial clearly forgot about my application hahaha. My interview was on 8th feb and I finally emailed them today, almost a month later, and they finally sent me an email for an offer!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by feverrush)
    ummmm.... how awkward imperial clearly forgot about my application hahaha. My interview was on 8th feb and I finally emailed them today, almost a month later, and they finally sent me an email for an offer!!
    congrats!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by feverrush)
    What was your bmat ?

ReputationRep:
    This week they received invitations to interview?

ReputationRep:
    Heya guys, I have an offers from Cambridge, Imperial and Barts. I'm going to firm Cambridge but can't decide on who to insure- any of you guys got opinions on Imperial or Barts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elliottmanwaring)
    Heya guys, I have an offers from Cambridge, Imperial and Barts. I'm going to firm Cambridge but can't decide on who to insure- any of you guys got opinions on Imperial or Barts?
    That's fantastic!
    I know Imperial's offer is A*AA, if Bart's has a lower offer then you should probably insure Bart's, that's the whole point of an insurance right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What are the chances of still getting in after missing your offer and getting an AAA or A*(in maths)AA in results day when the offer was A*(bio/chem)AA? Has anyone been accepted after just missing their offer before?

ReputationRep:
    For people who had interviews. How long did it take for you to hear the outcome ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Senthil Patel)
    For people who had interviews. How long did it take for you to hear the outcome ?
    8 days

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.