Would imperial bless it or are they just gonna be pr***s

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Section 1 messed me up. 3.8, 4.7 and 3A. No interview for me

ReputationRep:
    5.2, 5.1 , 4A. So relieved. Hoping PS is good enough for an interview

ReputationRep:
    6.6 4.9 4A
    Have a feeling my section 2 is gonna mug me off though, if that was higher Id be in band 1 for interview but I think I'm gonna be in band 3 now 😑
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Does anyone remember what the band 4 cut off was last year?
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Mom0)
    6.6 4.9 4A
    Have a feeling my section 2 is gonna mug me off though, if that was higher Id be in band 1 for interview but I think I'm gonna be in band 3 now 😑
    (Original post by carpenoctem)
    Congrats that 6.6 is amazing! I'm pretty peeved off with my S1 (5.4) because it renders my 6.5 in S2 useless with the way Imperial use their banding system. I really hope they don't raise the Band 1 cutoff.
    Even if you're in band 3, most people end up getting an interview. The most important thing is to actually meet the cut off.

ReputationRep:
    Congrats that 6.6 is amazing! I'm pretty peeved off with my S1 (5.4) because it renders my 6.5 in S2 useless with the way Imperial use their banding system. I really hope they don't raise the Band 1 cutoff.
    Yeah wish they looked at each section independently instead of having bands. You're scores are great tho should get an interview, hopefully they start shortlisting soon

ReputationRep:
    Does 4.7 , 4.9 and 2.5A meet the cutoff??
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys what band would I be with a 5.2 6.0 3A? Also, are these bands from 2015 or did they release the new cut offs?

ReputationRep:
    I'm in quite a strange situation with 6.0 7.0 and 3C lol. Master usycool1 please, which band will I be in?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I've heard of the banding system for the first time, could someone explain it to me please?
    Also I got 6.6, 5.1, and 3A. Really disappointed with my essay, good luck to everyone

ReputationRep:
    Again, not an expert but I think you would've made Band 2 in 2015 entry if it's true that Imperial look at your lowest section when putting you in a band (using cut offs according to this source). This is from 2015 entry but cut offs will probably change for this year by marginal amounts. This is just me speculating by the way - i.e. not confirmed by an official source
    Lol, so my quality english at C just eliminated me from imperial? It's quite bizarre that I actually stand a higher chance for Oxford than Imperial. I don't know how I should feel about this.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know when each band is interviewed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by t0311)
    Lol, so my quality english at C just eliminated me from imperial? It's quite bizarre that I actually stand a higher chance for Oxford than Imperial. I don't know how I should feel about this.
    How did you got those scores but then get a C?

That's the weirdest thing

ReputationRep:
    4.3, 3.7, 3A - no chance for imperial

will the cut be the same as last year?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Has anyone ever been invited to interview below the cut-off before? wishful thinking looool

ReputationRep:
    Please, is there anybody here who is applying for the second time? this is my first time and so I want to know if I can still apply to the same universities next year. Thanks..

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I'm really sorry but no i'm a gap year applicant, last year i got 5.7 4.3 3A, only missed the cut off by 1 mark for section 2 and was rejected to give you perceptive i got 13 A* on my GCSES and had 5 A's for AS, was predicted 4 A* and they never gave me a chance, was gutted

Its ridiculous that they don't even consider your application as a whole and are so quick to cut you off, but I just wanted to give you the truth good luck for your other unis, don't give up hope yet x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Suzie98)
    Hi! I'm really sorry but no i'm a gap year applicant, last year i got 5.7 4.3 3A, only missed the cut off by 1 mark for section 2 and was rejected to give you perceptive i got 13 A* on my GCSES and had 5 A's for AS, was predicted 4 A* and they never gave me a chance, was gutted

Its ridiculous that they don't even consider your application as a whole and are so quick to cut you off, but I just wanted to give you the truth good luck for your other unis, don't give up hope yet x
    Thanks indeed! Please are still doing your A Level Exams?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 1, 2018

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Days Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  2. University of Sunderland
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  3. Plymouth College of Art
    All MA Programmes Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.