Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stephssteps)
    I am! I called in yesterday and they said they're still giving out interview invites 😪
    apparently it's some waiting list?? This is so nerve wracking😩😩

ReputationRep:
    I had my interview today and they had really sarcastic looks on their faces and came across as really rude

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SargentZenj2)
    I had my interview today and they had really sarcastic looks on their faces and came across as really rude
    Hopefully it was all an act?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SargentZenj2)
    one of my interviewer looked like he was sleeping most of the time until he started asking me questions at the end lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    I would get it for before you begin. They'll make an official freshers page for you guys soon, and you'll get useful information posted there by the SU reps throughout your time at med school. Oh, and they upload past paper questions and useful notes there too for exams when you get there.
    Hey is it true 2nd year and 5th year are the only year where ranking deciles are used?

ReputationRep:
    Had my interview today. Initially thought it went well even if I did get a bit nervous halfway through. But thinking about it now, I think I really messed up on some important questions.
    Really hope it works out.
    Good luck everyone.

Also thanks to Ashy99 who was sooo helpful before the interview 😘 thank you ❤️
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Cherub012)
    Hey is it true 2nd year and 5th year are the only year where ranking deciles are used?
    They're not used in either 1st or 2nd years (well, they do rank you, but they're rather pointless as they're not the exams that are used for FPAS rankings). They start using it fro year 3, however, but I don't know how much each exam counts towards your ranking

ReputationRep:
    They're not used in either 1st or 2nd years (well, they do rank you, but they're rather pointless as they're not the exams that are used for FPAS rankings). They start using it fro year 3, however, but I don't know how much each exam counts towards your ranking
    Oh right. So only the clinical years? Do you know if that's only specific to Imperial?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trynagetintouni)
    Had my interview today. Initially thought it went well even if I did get a bit nervous halfway through. But thinking about it now, I think I really messed up on some important questions.
    Really hope it works out.
    Good luck everyone.

Also thanks to Ashy99 who was sooo helpful before the interview 😘 thank you ❤️
    All the best! I'm sure you've done fine. Many people who are given offers walk out of there thinking it was an utter shambles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kdrizzy1999)
    There's also an unofficial facebook group chat. Let me know if you want to be added!
    me too pls
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Cherub012)
    Oh right. So only the clinical years?
    Yup, I believe so

Do you know if that's only specific to Imperial?
    I have no clue, I'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    Yup, I believe so

Sorry to be ignorant ... ranking for what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ashy99)
    I swear not having facebook only show its disadvantages now...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's not too late to make one!

ReputationRep:
    It's not too late to make one!
    I think I'll have to tbh

ReputationRep:
    Yup, I believe so

Thanks
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Happyals)
    Sorry to be ignorant ... ranking for what?
    When you apply for your first job as a doctor, you basically get points based on what your ranking was at at med school. Each med school decides which exams count towards that ranking. You can see more information here if you're interested, but I wouldn't worry about it yet tbh (I'm in second year and I don't know what most of it's about yet!): http://www.foundationprogramme.nhs.uk/pages/home

ReputationRep:
    When you apply for your first job as a doctor, you basically get points based on what your ranking was at at med school. Each med school decides which exams count towards that ranking. You can see more information here if you're interested, but I wouldn't worry about it yet tbh (I'm in second year and I don't know what most of it's about yet!): http://www.foundationprogramme.nhs.uk/pages/home
    Ah ok thanks! Wasn't there talk of them introducing a common USMLE style exam that all medical students would take which the foundation schools would have the results of instead?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ashy99)
    I think I'll have to tbh
    ahhh yeah when you do get it, let me know

ReputationRep:
    There's also an unofficial facebook group chat. Let me know if you want to be added!
    Could you please add me too?

ReputationRep:
    Bit late but how do people even prepare for interviews?? I have no clue what I'm doing :/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.