Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I know! This is the only one I'm waiting for a reply for now as well, and my last hope lol🙃
    (Original post by salma.m)
    apparently it's some waiting list?? This is so nerve wracking😩😩

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abj0)
    Bit late but how do people even prepare for interviews?? I have no clue what I'm doing :/
    Reflect on your work experience and also whatever you have done that has shown the skills desirable for a doctor and also how you have developed these skills, think teamwork, communication skills etc. also you should read up on medical ethics as well.
    Most important of all, have confidence in yourself

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SargentZenj2)
    I had my interview today and they had really sarcastic looks on their faces and came across as really rude
    I had noticed the sarcastic thing as well! Was your panel the one with 4 men?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I just got an offer last night and was wondering whether there's a Facebook group for offer holders (other than the official one) ? Also, if possible, could someone add me to the group chat please? 🙃

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnyaT1999)
    Hey, I just got an offer last night and was wondering whether there's a Facebook group for offer holders (other than the official one) ? Also, if possible, could someone add me to the group chat please? 🙃
    Congrats on the offer! I've pm'ed you about the chat!

ReputationRep:
    Awesome! When was your interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kdrizzy1999)
    I also got an offer last night. Could you pm me about the chat please

ReputationRep:
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bright_Gift)
    Awesome! When was your interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It was on March 8th

ReputationRep:
    It was on March 8th
    They got back to you in about a week! Well done!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bright_Gift)
    They got back to you in about a week! Well done!
    Thanks, I wasn't expecting to hear back so soon so it was a nice surprise

ReputationRep:
    Got my offer! (interview 8th March)

ReputationRep:
    Congratulation Anya, I was the girl speaking to you with ginger hair and braces (I think?) 😊 Will I get an email from Imperial about joining the Facebook group?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nchmd1999)
    Congratulation Anya, I was the girl speaking to you with ginger hair and braces (I think?) 😊 Will I get an email from Imperial about joining the Facebook group?
    I can add you in the group chat if you want

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nchmd1999)
    Hi! Yeah, I remember you I didn't get an email but you can find the official Facebook page by typing in something along the lines of 'imperial college medicine 2017'. It's mainly just the college posting updates and stuff on there. I'm guessing someone's probably added you to the unofficial group chat by now though. 🙃

ReputationRep:
    There's also an unofficial facebook group chat. Let me know if you want to be added!
    Could you add me too please?

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys! Has anyone who has had the interview and got an offer got any advice for the interview? Imperial is my last chance and I want to make it count!

ReputationRep:
    Also, in by 'ethical questions' do they mean a scenario with a patient/ patients, or do they mean debating the pros and cons of something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sundaeblue)
    Also, in by 'ethical questions' do they mean a scenario with a patient/ patients, or do they mean debating the pros and cons of something?
    I'll say be prepared for anything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sundaeblue)
    Hi guys! Has anyone who has had the interview and got an offer got any advice for the interview? Imperial is my last chance and I want to make it count!
    I think the most important thing is to remain calm and not be afraid to tell them what you know. I feel as though their questions were a bit open ended, so if they ask something like ' tell us about your work experience ' don't expect them to ask anything else like " what did you learn?" just go ahead and tell them what you learnt and why it was important/useful. This is just my personal experience though. Also take a few seconds to think about your answer before you open your gob!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.