The Student Room Group

Imperial College- Medicine 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

I absl messed up my interview
It's really sad bc it's my favourite uni by far but I put too much pressure on myself and I'm 100% sure I've got a rejection coming..
Hi everyone, I have an interview question: When you walked into the interview room did you shake hands will all of the panelmembers or just sat down?
Original post by DaphneXD
Hi everyone, I have an interview question: When you walked into the interview room did you shake hands will all of the panelmembers or just sat down?

I shook hands with each of them. They actually stood up so I'm guessing even if I hadn't planned to I would've anyway because they were expecting me to
Original post by lamedic99
I absl messed up my interview
It's really sad bc it's my favourite uni by far but I put too much pressure on myself and I'm 100% sure I've got a rejection coming..

dont give up hope yet!! I dont know in what way you think you messed up your interview, but I thought that my interview went horribly. I came out of it super upset and I didn't even pay attention during the tour because I was so sure that I would never get the offer. To add on to this they didn't reply to me for four weeks!! I eventually got the offer though so don't lose all hope yet! :smile: There's still a chance!
Original post by feverrush
dont give up hope yet!! I dont know in what way you think you messed up your interview, but I thought that my interview went horribly. I came out of it super upset and I didn't even pay attention during the tour because I was so sure that I would never get the offer. To add on to this they didn't reply to me for four weeks!! I eventually got the offer though so don't lose all hope yet! :smile: There's still a chance!

Ahh thank you so much !! Makes me feel so much better..
I just think I was so nervous so I tried to be too clever and my ethics answer was just awful too hahah it's such a shame!
When was your interview ? :smile:
Reply 1945
Hi guys,
I just wanted to ask whether it is appropriate to shake hands with everyone on the interview panel at the end of an interview as well?
Reply 1946
Original post by hkw23
Hi guys,
I just wanted to ask whether it is appropriate to shake hands with everyone on the interview panel at the end of an interview as well?

If I were you I wouldn't - seems a bit overkill! If they give out their hand then do so but otherwise once is definitely enough!
Original post by hkw23
Hi guys,

In fact I would say to definitely shake it!
Rejection-no interview. think it was my BMAT
Original post by iamthebraincel
Rejection-no interview. think it was my BMAT

It wouldn't have been because of meeting the cutoff, everyone who didn't was rejected ages ago, and people with borderline cutoff scores did get interviewed.
Offer!!!!! I can't believe it!!! A*AA (A* in Bio/Chem) and interviewed 14th March :smile:
Reply 1951
Original post by Shk
If I were you I wouldn't - seems a bit overkill! If they give out their hand then do so but otherwise once is definitely enough!

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing but when I was at another interview, at the end I didn't shake their hands as I thought it would be a bit OTT but they gave me a weird look so I don't know if I should for this interview.

I just don't want to mess up on these small yet signicant things!

What did everyone do who have had interviews?

Also do we need to bring any documents/ ID with you as it doesn't state anything on the email?

Thank you! :smile:
Reply 1952
Original post by medichopeful98
Offer!!!!! I can't believe it!!! A*AA (A* in Bio/Chem) and interviewed 14th March :smile:

Congrats!!! How did you find your interview?
Does anyone know if they ask about any NHS hot topics in the interview?
Original post by sundaeblue
Does anyone know if they ask about any NHS hot topics in the interview?

They might, so It's good to keep up to date
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by medichopeful98

omg congrats!! had my interview on the same day!
Original post by hkw23
Congrats!!! How did you find your interview?

I felt it was quite relaxed and seemed more like they were trying to see what kind of person I was as opposed to drilling me about medical topics and also it went by soooo quickly
Reply 1957
Received an offer last night around 10pm. AAA. Interview was on the 15th, they got back surprisingly quickly.
Original post by minya1
Received an offer last night around 10pm. AAA. Interview was on the 15th, they got back surprisingly quickly.

AAA?? wow that's great considering the fact that their normal offer is A*AA

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1959
Original post by Bright_Gift
AAA?? wow that's great considering the fact that their normal offer is A*AA

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I know I had to read it like 10 ten times to make sure I was reading it right lool

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending