Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Im Asian and i feel so isolated from the world AMA Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MevMev)
    ahhh nice dude fix my boiler innit :P
    good luck be yourself
    yeah get money its always good to have some spare csh in the pocket
    Lol f**k your boiler fam. I'm only gonna be on the phone.
    Yea fam money ina pocket. Only get my Audi a3 one way.

sick we both gonna be working on the healthcare team :P
    Awesome! I plan on doing a masters in ultrasound, what you gonna do?

ReputationRep:
    but don't u go a bit mental just listening to your own thoughts all the time
    i mean i really need to learn how to drive but losing g the motivation to do everything
    which is a dangerous attitude to have cos day one of University I'm gonna have to get back into the active hectic routine again that i used to have and I'm gonna find it hard since i become so lethargic
    I can talk from my own experience. You don't go mental from being solitary. In fact the opposite - you have the opportunity to focus on self improvement without anyone else trying to drag you down or belittle you. That is stress you don't need. My own thoughts motivate me to do greater things because I strive to be strong and to create a good living for myself and my family.

On the other hand, feeling lethargic is a soul killer. When you feel lethargic, you feel hopeless which leads to a depressed state of mind. If you want to kill your lethargy, its my opinion that there are three facets in life in which you're lacking: sleep, diet and fitness. I used to be a lazy, demotivated sofa slob, but since changing my lifestyle, I feel like a thousand gold dinars. I sleep early and sleep a minimum of 8 hours, preferably more. I eat healthy and use healthy oils for cooking, usually extra virgin coconut oil. No more junk. I've also cut out wheat and dairy products from my diet. I substitute normal potatoes for sweet potatoes, and my main source of protein comes from beef and (free-range) eggs. If I feel like eating something, I stay away from the bad stuff and have some fruit and a few tablespoons of peanut butter. Lastly, I exercise every day which comprises mostly of calisthenics. If you do all these things then I'm quite sure that you'll be lethargic no more. And you won't care about the lack of people in your life, because you're too busy and satisfied focusing on your own. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KyleH123)
    Lol f**k your boiler fam. I'm only gonna be on the phone.
    Yea fam money ina pocket. Only get my Audi a3 one way.

Awesome! I plan on doing a masters in ultrasound, what you gonna do?
    Medicine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMilkSheikh)
    I can talk from my own experience. You don't go mental from being solitary. In fact the opposite - you have the opportunity to focus on self improvement without anyone else trying to drag you down or belittle you. That is stress you don't need. My own thoughts motivate me to do greater things because I strive to be strong and to create a good living for myself and my family.

On the other hand, feeling lethargic is a soul killer. When you feel lethargic, you feel hopeless which leads to a depressed state of mind. If you want to kill your lethargy, its my opinion that there are three facets in life in which you're lacking: sleep, diet and fitness. I used to be a lazy, demotivated sofa slob, but since changing my lifestyle, I feel like a thousand gold dinars. I sleep early and sleep a minimum of 8 hours, preferably more. I eat healthy and use healthy oils for cooking, usually extra virgin coconut oil. No more junk. I've also cut out wheat and dairy products from my diet. I substitute normal potatoes for sweet potatoes, and my main source of protein comes from beef and (free-range) eggs. If I feel like eating something, I stay away from the bad stuff and have some fruit and a few tablespoons of peanut butter. Lastly, I exercise every day which comprises mostly of calisthenics. If you do all these things then I'm quite sure that you'll be lethargic no more. And you won't care about the lack of people in your life, because you're too busy and satisfied focusing on your own. Good luck.
    Ah dude your so helpful- but seriously some parts of my diet I'm never cutting out idc what it comes to lol
    i have to exercise though thats my goals for the next 4 months
    Hey which arab country are u from MilkSheikh??:P

ReputationRep:
    Dont let anyone make you feel different, i bet you're wonderful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seraajones)
    Dont let anyone make you feel different, i bet you're wonderful
    AWWWWW See this is what i need right now i kind of had a rough day y'know and sometimes i need a friend to tell me u know what MevMev u are worth something

ReputationRep:
    Ah dude your so helpful- but seriously some parts of my diet I'm never cutting out idc what it comes to lol
    i have to exercise though thats my goals for the next 4 months
    Hey which arab country are u from MilkSheikh??:P
    I come from a Pakistani family, so I'm South Asian, not Arab.

ReputationRep:
    I come from a Pakistani family, so I'm South Asian, not Arab.
    oh god i feel for u there man I'm also South Asian but born in gulf :P
    So wait when u said Dinars and called ur self Sheikh in Username... just a big fan of Arab culture or something?

ReputationRep:
    You are worth something silly! Don't let anyone treat you different university will be soo different everyone will be more accepting dont worry

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You are all beautiful, cognitive people.

ReputationRep:
    You are worth something silly! Don't let anyone treat you different university will be soo different everyone will be more accepting dont worry

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ah thanks sera
    i really hope i enjoy like uni life honestly i cant wait to move out and experience freedom

ReputationRep:
    oh god i feel for u there man I'm also South Asian but born in gulf :P
    So wait when u said Dinars and called ur self Sheikh in Username... just a big fan of Arab culture or something?
    Not particularly. Its just a phrase. Instead I could have said I feel a million dollars and it would mean the same thing. My username is just a bit silly. Since Sheikh and Shake are homophones (words that sound the same but are spelt differently), I thought it would be funny to have my name as MilkSheikh instead of MilkShake. I guess my Muslim background somewhat inspired it.

ReputationRep:
    ah thanks sera
    i really hope i enjoy like uni life honestly i cant wait to move out and experience freedom
    Yeah I feel exactly the same, will be so scary though! I'll have only just turned 18 so it's a completely new thing for me

ReputationRep:
    Not particularly. Its just a phrase. Instead I could have said I feel a million dollars and it would mean the same thing. My username is just a bit silly. Since Sheikh and Shake are homophones (words that sound the same but are spelt differently), I thought it would be funny to have my name as MilkSheikh instead of MilkShake. I guess my Muslim background somewhat inspired it.
    ah god and here i got excited that an Arab Sheikh was chatting to me lol I'm joking
    Yeah i muslim too
    can i chat tomorrow like PM or something this is long talking on thread its bedtime now:P

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I feel exactly the same, will be so scary though! I'll have only just turned 18 so it's a completely new thing for me
    hey i guess its a daunting experience for every new adult but hey we all gonna grow up and learn and mature as a result :P

ReputationRep:
    ah god and here i got excited that an Arab Sheikh was chatting to me lol I'm joking
    Yeah i muslim too
    can i chat tomorrow like PM or something this is long talking on thread its bedtime now:P
    Yeah sure. Goodnight.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah thats true, will be so exciting!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    are you pakistani or chinese asian

ReputationRep:
    i dunno whats wrong i just seem to be lost in my own thoughts all the time and i cut off all my friends from 6th form
    waiting for uni
    Don't worry putra, you'll make new mates at uni.

ReputationRep:
    are u still in 6th form or are u on a gap year?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 14, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.