Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by yasminkattan)
    Suggesting that the Prophet (saw) raped Aisha, or calling him a pedophile, is not the same.
    If it's meant as an unjustified jeer, I can see what you mean.

But if you're saying that this is something that you wouldn't believe if all the evidence and argument in the world turned in favour of it, then I don't agree, I'm afraid. That would imply that you operate on the axiom that Muhammad was perfect in all respects and for all time and, given the definition of an axiom as something beyond dispute, that would nullify the distinction you draw between accusing Muhammad of being a paedophile and a rapist and other criticisms of Islam and Islamic history. Either all these things are questionable, or none of them are.

I don't want to be in the company of someone who would do that, it's upsetting and it would mean I'm condoning it.
    Upsetting, sure. Condoning it? Obviously not. You don't have to agree with someone to listen to them or be in their company.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yasminkattan)
    Believing in a religion on your own accord is inexplicable?
    What seems to be inexplicable is how you believed the morality is subjective and timeless at the same time...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You seem to have a really strong character & actually use independent thought and critical thinking skills to come a conclusion on what is the best path to follow instead of being easily influenced by the people around you so for that I admire you. Just wondering what your relationship is like with your family/relatives at the moment. Do they accept that you're not muslim anymore? (not sure if you've told them?)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.