Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My ex and I had a crazy intense relationship which ended badly on her part. We've been at uni for 2 years now, and neither of us have found anything as good with other people. Having seen each other a handful of times over the past few years, and having spoken only occasionally, she randomly started talking to me again, albeit intermittently.

After catching up, she has asked to meet up when we are both home for Easter. Since I am moving to the city she lives in next year, she has also said that it would be "maybe nice to spend more time together". Does this mean anything? We weren't friends before getting together and haven't spoken since with any regularity so I can't imagine it's just a friends thing, but who knows? What do you think?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Sorry to be so blunt… my advice? Don't.

ReputationRep:
    Forget about it

(Original post by iEthan)
    Sorry to be so blunt… my advice? Don't.
    Thanks for the reply. Why do you say so?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Thanks for the reply. Why do you say so?
    It would hurt you, it would be awkward and it would just be such a negative experience. Please don't do it :no:

It would hurt you, it would be awkward and it would just be such a negative experience. Please don't do it :no:
    Possibly. As I said, we have met up in the past a few times and it hasn't been awkward. We're both pretty talkative etc. We've even slept together a bit since breaking up. Thing is, I just don't know how I see her now - when we first met, I thought the world of her. Since the breakup, this has changed and I don't want to tarnish what we had.

Having said this, it feels great being around her and I'd hate to think there had been a chance to be back in each others lives and I'd missed it.

ReputationRep:
    My ex and I had a crazy intense relationship which ended badly on her part. We've been at uni for 2 years now, and neither of us have found anything as good with other people. Having seen each other a handful of times over the past few years, and having spoken only occasionally, she randomly started talking to me again, albeit intermittently.

After catching up, she has asked to meet up when we are both home for Easter. Since I am moving to the city she lives in next year, she has also said that it would be "maybe nice to spend more time together". Does this mean anything? We weren't friends before getting together and haven't spoken since with any regularity so I can't imagine it's just a friends thing, but who knows? What do you think?
    No! Don't do it!
    Stay away from her like she's a disease!!!! Seriously though, it ended for a reason, leave it that way!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Possibly. As I said, we have met up in the past a few times and it hasn't been awkward. We're both pretty talkative etc. We've even slept together a bit since breaking up. Thing is, I just don't know how I see her now - when we first met, I thought the world of her. Since the breakup, this has changed and I don't want to tarnish what we had.

Having said this, it feels great being around her and I'd hate to think there had been a chance to be back in each others lives and I'd missed it.
    I'm going to remain pessimistic and say that it's a bit of a façade. But, by the looks of things, you've already got your mind made up.

(Original post by CleverSquirrel)
    No! Don't do it!
    Stay away from her like she's a disease!!!! Seriously though, it ended for a reason, leave it that way!
    Haha, thanks for your reply. Well it ended because we went to uni and couldn't do distance. Since I'm moving to London (where she now lives) next year, that won't be an issue any longer. So, I don't know...

I'm going to remain pessimistic and say that it's a bit of a façade. But, by the looks of things, you've already got your mind made up.
    A facade in the sense that she's not actually interested in trying again or?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    A facade in the sense that she's not actually interested in trying again or?
    I just think it's a bad idea… perhaps I'm bitter, you do you OP — just try not to get hurt, because it really sucks…

ReputationRep:
    Haha, thanks for your reply. Well it ended because we went to uni and couldn't do distance. Since I'm moving to London (where she now lives) next year, that won't be an issue any longer. So, I don't know...
    haha no probs!! I'm here to help

Yeah i completely understand, the whole long distance thing can cause a few problems.
    Hmm interesting, why are you moving down to London? is it especially for her or for another reason?

If you want to talk about it more PM me, i could help you out more there

ReputationRep:
    If you wanna hang out with her then hang out with her...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 14, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.