Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why has this happened to me twice? Watch

I'm a 25 year-old girl, and I've recently been told by 2 different men that they really like me as a friend; they really like talking to me, i'm funny, intelligent, kind etc. and i'm very pretty, but that they only see me as a good friend and that there is no spark..
    That's fine, I just wondered whether it's just pure bad luck, or whether it's something I'm doing wrong? Bearing in mind that one of them actually told me originally he liked me in 'that way'.
    Anyway, I wonder if it's me; I'm not very 'ladylike' I admit, and I tend to relate more to guys and have more things in common with them sometimes.. I thought it was a good thing, but maybe it's working against me. Any ideas? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Then you're not pretty and they said that to sound good

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about it too much, i get the same aswell but i tend to think of it as a compliment because i find it easier to get on with guys! Dont think about changing because someone will come along and like you for who you are

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Idk tbh. I'm the same as you, 25 y/o female that's not very ladylike and gets on better with guys. I'd probably say it's a case of bad luck? I'm sure you'll find someone better suited to you.

Thanks for the replies Hopefully it is just bad luck! I have slept with both of them too, actually :s and both made out like physically I was some kind of goddess, and then said I have loads of good personality traits, they love talking to me etc. just don't have that 'spark'. I suppose I might just have more 'boyish' interests and a way of speaking, I dunno :s I also have a mouth like a truck driver which probably doesn't help lol.. anyway I'll not give up

ReputationRep:
    if you slept with them and they rejected you after then sorry to say i think you got played. they probably only said them compliments and made you feel like a goddess so they could get you in bed. its sad that guys can do that tbh.

Yep probably With the first one I'm not really surprised that happened, but the second one actually told me to my face he really liked me and stuff and just seemed like the sweetest guy ever... I'll learn.. I hope lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Yep probably With the first one I'm not really surprised that happened, but the second one actually told me to my face he really liked me and stuff and just seemed like the sweetest guy ever... I'll learn.. I hope lol
    yeah i kind of fell for that crap once when a guy said all the lovey dovey stuff to me but fortunately i didnt sleep with him, i told the sleeze bag to do1 :lol:

Good for you!! I wish I could have done the same! it was obvious he wanted to shag me and I was hammered so I let it happen :s

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the replies Hopefully it is just bad luck! I have slept with both of them too, actually :s and both made out like physically I was some kind of goddess, and then said I have loads of good personality traits, they love talking to me etc. just don't have that 'spark'. I suppose I might just have more 'boyish' interests and a way of speaking, I dunno :s I also have a mouth like a truck driver which probably doesn't help lol.. anyway I'll not give up
    Lol "no spark".....that just BS people say when they dont fancy you enough. Guys will say anything to get a girl into bed, but a relationship is different. A guy will shag you but if he's not attracted to you physically and personality wise, he's not going to want to date you. From what you've told us about yourself it might be something to do with your tomboyishness / coming across as too mouthy, that might be putting them off

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the reply, yeah it could well be that! like I said I think physically it was alright, they were both giving me all sorts of compliments and the 2nd one recently said I had a nice bum and stomach, like a week ago :s
    It could well be that yeah! I'm not very loud, I can be quite quiet, but I guess I do use a lot of bad language and maybe talk in a more 'bloke-ish' fashion, for want of a better word lol...

ReputationRep:
    maybe its because you come across too confident and a bit 'i think the sun shines out of my arse'

It could be.... I dunno I don't think I come across like that though; I'm quite low in confidence and I actually think it might be that that's putting them off also; the fact that I'm insecure with guys I like shows.. I have no idea lol

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Anonymous;63392037]I'm a 25 year-old girl, and I've recently been told by 2 different men that they really like me as a friend; they really like talking to me, i'm funny, intelligent, kind etc. and i'm very pretty, but that they only see me as a good friend and that there is no spark..

It could be.... I dunno I don't think I come across like that though; I'm quite low in confidence and I actually think it might be that that's putting them off also; the fact that I'm insecure with guys I like shows.. I have no idea lol
    unless im understanding this wrong, that seems very big headed to me

oh noo sorry I didn't say that about myself, I meant that was what they said about me, ha

I don't blame you for thinking that in that case

ReputationRep:
    oh noo sorry I didn't say that about myself, I meant that was what they said about me, ha
    I don't blame you for thinking that in that case
    oooh sorry haha my bad!

ahah no worries Yeah it just frustrates me how I can't seem to create this 'spark' with anyone Yet this last one said I had so many good qualities and I'm very attractive etc. just makes me wonder what's missing for them :s

ReputationRep:
    ahah no worries Yeah it just frustrates me how I can't seem to create this 'spark' with anyone Yet this last one said I had so many good qualities and I'm very attractive etc. just makes me wonder what's missing for them :s
    can u quote me back so i know you have replied because i dont get notified otherwise haha

there just arseh*les
    i realised that when i changed my preference in man, that i actually found the most decent guy iv ever been with
    try go for the opposite of your usual type

(Original post by shawtyb)
    can u quote me back so i know you have replied because i dont get notified otherwise haha

there just arseh*les
    i realised that when i changed my preference in man, that i actually found the most decent guy iv ever been with
    try go for the opposite of your usual type

Ahah yeah sorry about that

Yeah You're right... just gutted because the second guy, I honestly thought he was the nicest guy I'd ever met.. he seemed so sweet, and was very shy and nervous with me at first, and just exactly my type; soo much in common.
    And I'm seeing him out on Saturday :s it's hard, but I'll just have to keep going!
    Thanks for your advice ,happy to hear that you found someone

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 16, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.