briony2312
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I feel like I know barely anything about history regardless the amount of revision I do, any help/ideas? I'm studying treaty of Versailles, league of nations, hitters policy, causes of ww2, cold war, Vietnam war
username2437245
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
--
briony2312
Rep:
?
Thank you very much I will try your method
ihatePE
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi i do history too, wjec board and currently do Depression, war, recovery of Great Britain. I also do Hitler's germany. What i do is, rewrite the whole course in short notes,
but include every single important info, such as

dates (day/month/year is better but year is sufficient)
name of the laws/acts/armistice, name of people (surname is enough),
what happened,
why it happened
and its conclusion and evaluation (effective? successful? however... etc)

And once i done the notes, i read them over and over again, but it's boring to just read it for what it is, i read it like a story...in a creative manner (because hitler invaded poland, the allies waged war cos they were having none of his sh** finally, after ingoring so many invasions like rhineland or austria)
username2400835
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by briony2312)
I feel like I know barely anything about history regardless the amount of revision I do, any help/ideas? I'm studying treaty of Versailles, league of nations, hitters policy, causes of ww2, cold war, Vietnam war
I did basically the same topics and all I can say is keep revising until you walk into that exam hall. I remember literally everyone of us had our history books in our hands and were questioning each other the morning of the exam until we went in. Maybe get a friend to revise with?
briony2312
Rep:
?
(Original post by ihatePE)
Hi i do history too, wjec board and currently do Depression, war, recovery of Great Britain. I also do Hitler's germany. What i do is, rewrite the whole course in short notes,
but include every single important info, such as

dates (day/month/year is better but year is sufficient)
name of the laws/acts/armistice, name of people (surname is enough),
what happened,
why it happened
and its conclusion and evaluation (effective? successful? however... etc)

And once i done the notes, i read them over and over again, but it's boring to just read it for what it is, i read it like a story...in a creative manner (because hitler invaded poland, the allies waged war cos they were having none of his sh** finally, after ingoring so many invasions like rhineland or austria)
Thanks out so much!!
metellaest
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Are you doing CIE? I'm covering most of those topics as well. I find the best thing do to is to write loads of notes, learn them, try and condense them. But make sure you understand the general order of events in history (timelines are good), otherwise things will seem out of place and you won't remember the details. Also make sure you are aware of all the points on your board's specification,

Also I found some good podcasts on iTunes that go over most of those topics really clearly.

And read the mark schemes so you understand the correct way to answer the question...

Good luck!
briony2312
Rep:
?
(Original post by metellaest)
Are you doing CIE? I'm covering most of those topics as well. I find the best thing do to is to write loads of notes, learn them, try and condense them. But make sure you understand the general order of events in history (timelines are good), otherwise things will seem out of place and you won't remember the details. Also make sure you are aware of all the points on your board's specification,

Also I found some good podcasts on iTunes that go over most of those topics really clearly.

And read the mark schemes so you understand the correct way to answer the question...

Good luck!
Im doing AQA, but thank you, I will look on iTunes :-)
metellaest
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Im doing AQA, but thank you, I will look on iTunes :-)
Mr Allsop History I think they are called...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
6.01%
They might tell the bully (18)
9.84%
I don't think they'd understand (32)
17.49%
It might lead to more bullying (70)
38.25%
There's nothing they could do (52)
28.42%

Watched Threads