Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Stuck in the biggest rut of my life , i left sixth form last year to go on a so called gap year but nothing useful has come of it , i do nothing useful now and i fear i am falling into depression , i can not sleep , i have developed anxiety to the point where panic attacks are a frequent occurrence , the highlight of my week will be going out to the local pub and drinking too much , and masking my true feelings. Just thought i would share perhaps it may help me.

ReputationRep:
    Is there anyone close to you that you can talk about this to?? Or have you thought about a counsellor??*
    Maybe swap the local pub for the local leisure centre or enrol in a night class for something you enjoy to get you back into the routine of doing something?

ReputationRep:
    Please speak to your gp, anxiety and panic attacks are a serious issue and you need to speak to a professional, like you said, you're in a rut but you can get out with the right help, don't be afraid of doing the right thing for yourself, speak to your friends and family about how you're feeling and try to think as positively as you can in the mean time, have you thought about the things you might want to do in life? If not, try comprising a list of everything you can think of, big or small and make a promise to yourself that from now on, every one of your actions will be towards happiness for yourself, you deserve a long, fulfilling life and you can have that if you get the right guidance, good luck op

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justbeu)
    Is there anyone close to you that you can talk about this to?? Or have you thought about a counsellor??*
    Maybe swap the local pub for the local leisure centre or enrol in a night class for something you enjoy to get you back into the routine of doing something?
    I find it difficult to be open and tell others

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sionjenkins123)
    I find it difficult to be open and tell others
    Same here:-P email someone? Or even a diary can help i found and even tho*you aren't telling telling anyone it helps to get your thoughts down on paper and they seem a bit more manageable. If that feels a bit too useless then try setting up an anonymous blog, recommend wix*http://www.wix.com/freesitebuilder/9...FfAy0wod2QgCHw*i know this sounds a bit girl online-ish but there is a reasoning behind these techniques.
    To help with the panic attacks, you could research breathing/calming*techniques online??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justbeu)
    Same here:-P email someone? Or even a diary can help i found and even tho*you aren't telling telling anyone it helps to get your thoughts down on paper and they seem a bit more manageable. If that feels a bit too useless then try setting up an anonymous blog, recommend wix*http://www.wix.com/freesitebuilder/9...FfAy0wod2QgCHw*i know this sounds a bit girl online-ish but there is a reasoning behind these techniques.
    To help with the panic attacks, you could research breathing/calming*techniques online??
    Your advice is really great , thankyou very much i'll give it a try with the diary and blog

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sionjenkins123)
    Your advice is really great , thankyou very much i'll give it a try with the diary and blog
    No problem, and if you wanna speak anytime, just pm me

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.