Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

BEST EVER advice for uni accommodation!!!! watch

[Probably not the best advice but I needed an eye-catching title to hopefully grab people's attention.]

INVEST IN A PAIR OF GOOD QUALITY HEADPHONES! You will not regret this decision. Whether your flatmates cook at odd hours of the day, have terrible taste in loud music or just make weird sex noises, headphones will offer you protection. Now some of you might be able to tolerate any noise and might have invincible ears but for those who actually appreciate the occasional peace and quiet, get headphones. If you do not have sufficient funds to acquire decent headphones, it is worth saving up your pennies now. If you already have headphones or know someone who has some spare, take them to uni!!!!

I know this advice seems ridiculously trivial and overly dramatic, but you will thank me when you want to maintain a friendship with a flatmate and don't know how to confront them about their volume levels or when you are sleep deprived and are in desperate need of a power nap and at the precious moment of sleep, your flatmate chooses to hoover. Headphones have a mighty role in your uni days living in student accommodation. Headphones will be the shield that holds potential flat tension at bay. Headphones will be a blanket of comfort when you are lonesome. Headphones will be the rebel who joins you in your angst-filled and experimental music phase. Headphones will be a friendly face on miserable morning commutes or late night lurches. Headphones will be there when you least expect them.

I hope this advice offers help to some and, at the very least, makes others laugh at my pathetic love letter to my headphones.

Alternatives to headphones for the headphone-skeptics: ear plugs, a stereo (so you can be the person in the flat to blast the music, or to counter-act against another flatmate's music) or just a higher level of tolerances for loud noises.

Good luck with uni (it's truly an incredible experience in my opinion)!!
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.