Turn on thread page Beta

Obama admits to Saudi's toxic Wahhabi influence on the Muslim world watch

ReputationRep:
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a6927646.html

Mr Obama is highly informed about the origins of al-Qa’ida and Isis, describing how Islam in Indonesia, where he spent part of his childhood, had become more intolerant and exclusive. Asked why this had occurred, Mr Obama is quoted as replying: “The Saudis and other Gulf Arabs have funnelled money, and large numbers of imams and teachers, into the country. In the 1990s, the Saudis heavily funded Wahhabist madrassas, seminaries that teach the fundamentalist version of Islam favoured by the Saudi ruling family.” The same shift towards the “Wahhabisation” of mainstream Sunni Islam is affecting the great majority of the 1.6 billion Muslims in the world who are Sunnis.

ReputationRep:
    It's not just the Muslim world. Saudi and Qatar have been funding Islamist mosques, schools, "charities" and other institutions all over the world including Europe.

ReputationRep:
    What's the big deal? The Saudis cannot be blamed for vile people like ISIS

ReputationRep:
    Jheeze. 95% of Muslims don't know what the term wahhabi means and just throw it around like it's nothing. 100% of non-muslims do the same.
    Wahhabism is just a (Derogatory) name given to those muslims who practise islam exactly how it was practiced by Muhammed (Peace and prayers upon him) and his companions and the next two generations that had followed them, chronologically. Why do they follow this path? Because Muhammed ordered us to follow these people in an authentic saying of his. NB: Muhammed had also told us that there should be no innovataion in Islam under any circumstances ie No new religious practices should be established after he passes away until the end of time itself.

FYI Wahhabism = Salafism. One and the same.

Abdul Wahhab saw muslims beginning to innovate in the religion and worshipping trees and saints and dance (sufis/shias) and he got a lot of hate for telling people not to innovate. He told them to come back to their original religion. He also provided accepted evidences to the innovators that their actions were major sins and nullifiers of their faith. They obviously didn't like that and called him a party pooper and anybody that believed him was a "Wahhabi" when all he did was ask them to learn about their religion before making up silly rituals.

The innovators don't like us to ruin their fun so they like to call us wahhabis to annoy us and they also like to call us terrorists.

However, terrorists like ISIS were foretold by Muhammed (Peace and prayers upon him) and he had ordered that the Muslim caliph must kill these terrorists (something that never gets told by the media). These guys aren't wahabbis contrary to what the world believes. Fact: These guys were called the khawaarij and they have been unanimously refuted by all scholars around the world including salafi/wahhabi scholars. But still, everybody loves to associate the salafis to the terrorists because it's fun and it's revenge for us being party poopers when we tell them to stop dancing and singing in the mosques and such.

IMPORTANT POINT: The Saudi Royal Family and the wahhabi/salafi business are separate. The kings and princes live a lavish, higher life of which they are not necessarily religious but most importantly they are not representatives of salafism contrary to what the entire world believes. Sure, the country's majority follow salafism and so do their leaders by NAME, but not by practise. So do not take the wrong/good actions of the Royal Family/Government as the action of a salafi.

Fact: Even though the royal family do not necessarily practise Islam their best, they are 100% against terrorism just like 99.9% of all muslims around the world.

Any questions/confusions about what I said, please message me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Butternuts96)
    Wahhabism is just a (Derogatory) name given to those muslims who practise islam exactly how it was practiced by Muhammed (Peace and prayers upon him) and his companions and the next two generations that had followed them, chronologically. Why do they follow this path? Because Muhammed ordered us to follow these people in an authentic saying of his. NB: Muhammed had also told us that there should be no innovataion in Islam under any circumstances ie No new religious practices should be established after he passes away until the end of time itself.
    Yes, most of us are well aware of the regressive and reactionary nature of Wahhabism/Salafism. Their literature (Quran, fundamentalist interpretations of it, Hadiths, scholarly edicts etc.) are chock-full of the intolerant, violent and backward beliefs that fuel the disgusting attitudes and actions of Islamists including terrorists like al-Qaeda and Islamic State.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leukocyte)
    What's the big deal? The Saudis cannot be blamed for vile people like ISIS
    Why? They (and Qatar also) have been doing their utmost to spread the Wahhabi cancer around the world for years. Look at all the extremist madras we have even in this country for example spreading all this hate-filled ideology. All Saudi-founded

Loads of ISIS fodder are from the mountains of Georgia for yet another obvious example. It's completely established that Saudis recruit them.

ReputationRep:
    Yet we help elect them as Chair of a UN human rights council and sell them billions of pounds of weapons every year (with possible complicity in war-crimes) :moon:.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2...-council-place
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a6797861.html
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a6752166.html

ReputationRep:
    Wahabis are a ****ing danger. This is coming from a sunni muslim. I've known a few and they had pretty extreme views.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KimKallstrom)
    Why? They (and Qatar also) have been doing their utmost to spread the Wahhabi cancer around the world for years. Look at all the extremist madras we have even in this country for example spreading all this hate-filled ideology. All Saudi-founded

Loads of ISIS fodder are from the mountains of Georgia for yet another obvious example. It's completely established that Saudis recruit them.
    Oh please. You're known on TSR for hatred against the Arabs. I knew you would comment as usual.

Please refrain from using such words, like cancer. Cancer isn't a joke and relating it to Wahhabis is totally unacceptable.

Also, nothing wrong with someone who is a Whabbi fyi.

Before making such claims off the top of your head provide reliable sources.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

(Original post by yousaf_choudry)
    Wahabis are a ****ing danger. This is coming from a sunni muslim. I've known a few and they had pretty extreme views.
    I echo your sentiments brother. Where I live I'm surrounded by them but many of us are waking up to the Wahaabi agenda and the harm it's done to Muslims and rejecting it more and more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carlskep;[url="tel:63394147")
    63394147[/url]]Yes, most of us are well aware of the regressive and reactionary nature of Wahhabism/Salafism. Their literature (Quran, fundamentalist interpretations of it, Hadiths, scholarly edicts etc.) are chock-full of the intolerant, violent and backward beliefs that fuel the disgusting attitudes and actions of Islamists including terrorists like al-Qaeda and Islamic State.
    You literally cut out the part where I stated the fact that terrorism is from a separate deviant group. Do you choose to avoid the truth after it's laid out in front of you or are you just suffering mentally from something? I'm genuinely asking because I could not have explained this matter more clearly. This goes for the three idiots that repped you as well.

If betting was allowed, I would put serious cash on you four being outright islamophobes.

ReputationRep:
    The spread of Wahhabi/Salafi Islam is essentially neocolonialism under the guise of religion.

ReputationRep:
    Wahhabism can suck my ass. When I seize control of the pan Arab nations, Wahhabism will be eradicated.

High Stakes for President.

ReputationRep:
    You absolute ignoramus; you literally cut out the part where I stated the fact that terrorism is from a separate deviant group. Do you choose to avoid the truth after it's laid out in front of you or are you just suffering mentally from something? I'm genuinely asking because I could not have explained this matter more clearly. This goes for the three idiots that repped you as well.

If betting was allowed, I would put serious cash on you four being outright islamophobes.
    You can run your mouth dry apologising for Wahhabi and Salafi "scholars" all you like but the reality is that they tend to have just as extreme views as the fundamentalists who carry out terror attacks, ranging from all aspects of life whether it's about killing those who leave the religion, killing homosexuals, stoning adulterers, beating disobedient wives, keeping slaves, attacking those who insult Islam and the list goes on.

As for terrorism, Ibn Taymiyyah, a scholar that is idolised by Salafis and Wahhabis (no doubt you've heard of him and probably even revere him considering your position on this topic) issued a jihadi fatwa against the Mongol population of his time.

According to Nettler and Kéchichian, Ibn Taymiyyah affirmed that Jihad against the Mongols, "was not only permissible but obligatory because the latter ruled not according to Sharīʿah but through their traditional, and therefore manmade, Yassa code. This essentially meant that Mongols were living in a state of jāhilīyah (ignorance)."[35] The authors further state that his two famous student, Ibn Qayyim and Ibn Kathir, agreed with this ruling.[35] He called for a defensive jihad to mobilise the people to kill the Mongol rulers and any one who supported them, Muslim or non-Muslim.[19][135] Ibn Taymiyyah when talking about those who support the Mongols said, "Everyone who is with them (Mongols) in the state over which they rule has to be regarded as belonging to the most evil class of men. He is either an atheist (zindīq) or a hypocrite who does not believe in the essence of the religion of Islam. This means that he (only) outwardly pretends to be Muslim or he belongs to the worst class of all people who are the people of the bida` (heretical innovations)."[137]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibn_Ta...din_Conference

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carlskep)
    You can run your mouth dry apologising for Wahhabi and Salafi "scholars" all you like but the reality is that they tend to have just as extreme views as the fundamentalists who carry out terror attacks,
    Exactly. The only real difference is that one group adds the proviso that all the barbarity only applies in a legitimate and properly run, truly Islamic state, and therefore pretend not to condone it.
    The other group simply sets up what they see as a True Islamic State™, so they can legitimately implement the ideology to the letter.

You may notice that all the condemnation for the likes of ISIS is directed at the implementation of ideology, not the ideology itself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KimKallstrom)
    Why? They (and Qatar also) have been doing their utmost to spread the Wahhabi cancer around the world for years. Look at all the extremist madras we have even in this country for example spreading all this hate-filled ideology. All Saudi-founded Loads of ISIS fodder are from the mountains of Georgia for yet another obvious example. It's completely established that Saudis recruit them.

You can't blame them though, they believe they will win through a war of cultural imperialism. They're simply acting in self-interest.

People like Obama are the problem who for 8 years has given them money, promoted instability in the middle east and who has been one of the weakest, most incompetent presidents America has ever had and at the end of all that ''actually there is a problem''

What the **** did he expect, were they gonna go smoke some weed together and sing kumbaya like when he was the leader of the 'choom gang'?

He is like Bruno Mars but without the dress sense

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mahmoud X)
    You can't blame them though, they believe they will win through a war of cultural imperialism. They're simply acting in self-interest.

People like Obama are the problem who for 8 years has given them money, promoted instability in the middle east and who has been one of the weakest, most incompetent presidents America has ever had and at the end of all that ''actually there is a problem''
    It's interesting to see what the policy positions for Strong, Courageous and Principled Republicans presidents on Saudi Arabian would have been... The monetary, military and diplomatic support for Saudi Arabia is bipartisan across establishment American politics.

http://www.washingtoninstitute.org/p...he-middle-east

I agree with the gist of argument, but calling Obama a "weak, incompetent" president, specially on foreign policy, is on a different level of propaganda

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yousaf_choudry)
    Wahabis are a ****ing danger. This is coming from a sunni muslim. I've known a few and they had pretty extreme views
    (Original post by Shekouki)
    I echo your sentiments brother
    Kudos for the clarity, honesty, and bravery :top2:

What's the big deal?
    Are you kidding me, this is huge!

The Saudis cannot be blamed for vile people like ISIS
    Some of the Saudi population can't be, but the House of Saud most certainly can be blamed for a great deal of Islamic militancy and associated death and destruction (mainly affecting Muslims)

Wahhabism is just a (Derogatory) name given to those muslims who practise islam exactly how it was practiced by Muhammed. Why do they follow this path? Because Muhammed ordered us to follow these people in an authentic saying of his
    Why is the future of (devout, Sunni) Muslims outside of the Muslim world fundamentally unsustainable? Precisely because of this. The ‘kafir’ need to wake up to the fact that the vast majority of Sunni’s (including, but not limited to, Wahhabis/Salafists) see but one true interpretation of Islam, and are commanded by Allah, as per the indisputable contents of the Koran, to live a certain, and very fixed, way

they also like to call us terrorists
    If you are a devout Muslim i.e. a devout Sunni, then you fervently follow the Koran literally and unflinchingly, to the ‘t’; if you follow the Koran then you embrace the bloody, barbarous, and terroristic elements therein, and hence are, by definition, an advocate of terrorism

Also, nothing wrong with someone who is a Whabbi
    They harbour retrograde, divisive, oppressive, and destructive views, as per the above (indoctrination/commandments). This is inherently wrong, to any intellectually honest socially concerned/righteous progressive i.e. the overwhelming majority of those educated souls not of the faith

(Original post by The Epicurean)
    The spread of Wahhabi/Salafi Islam is essentially neocolonialism under the guise of religion
    Yup. Money, power, and influence. All I'll say is that the 'proxy war' or 'second Cold War' in prospect should come as no surprise.. :flute:

(Original post by Mahmoud X)
    You can't blame them though, they believe they will win through a war of cultural imperialism. They're simply acting in self-interest
    You can blame them, but you’re absolutely right to suggest that there’s an element of human nature involved (Machiavellian/existential drivers, rather than just religious/partisan zeal/fanaticism)

People like Obama are the problem who for 8 years has given them money, promoted instability in the middle east
    Agree, although Bush and the neo-cons were worse, and UK PLC INC (establishment + big business) are certainly no better (in fact, I’d go as far as to say as the way that they have colluded, historically, disgusts me and brings shame upon our nation)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemting)
    It's interesting to see what the policy positions for Strong, Courageous and Principled Republicans presidents on Saudi Arabian would have been... The monetary, military and diplomatic support for Saudi Arabia is bipartisan across establishment American politics.

http://www.washingtoninstitute.org/p...he-middle-east

I agree with the gist of argument, but calling Obama a "weak, incompetent" president, specially on foreign policy, is on a different level of propaganda
    PRSOM.

ReputationRep:
    Man just leave wasabi out of this.

Tastes pretty good.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 20, 2016
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.