Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    How old we talking?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    How old we talking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    84 here. I was born in the year 1905, and i still have two of my own teeth!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john2054)
    84 here. I was born in the year 1905, and i still have two of my own teeth!
    ps please don't give me another warning for that last post!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whorace)
    (Original post by lustawny)
    Respect should be earned, not handed out like sweets. I'm not going to just respect someone for reasons based solely around the prehistoric date in which something momentous happened to them, and their resulting age as a result of this.
    Respect should be lost not earned. And old people had a lot of respect in their time, she's gone through a lot of stuff most likely, I mean 7 years? She was a member during the recession what a veteran.
    True dat.

Though I still disagree with the sentiment behind john2054's post, though it sounds to be said partially in jest.

(Original post by john2054)
    didn't they ever teach you to respect your elders? (jeez kids these days)!

ReputationRep:
    Well, I disagree.
    So you'd be rude to a stranger instead of only being rude to them once they deserve your ire?

Respect doesn't necessarily mean doing things for people, sucking up to them, but just taking their feelings into consideration.

ReputationRep:
    YO! Wassup babygramps?

(Original post by XcitingStuart)
    So you'd be rude to a stranger instead of only being rude to them once they deserve your ire?

Respect doesn't necessarily mean doing things for people, sucking up to them, but just taking their feelings into consideration.
    I have a certain level of respect for everyone, as per my own friendly nature. What I meant was (as you mentioned), I wouldn't go the extra mile in terms of my respect for them. No special treatment, to put it another way.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    You called? :shakecane:

ReputationRep:
    I have a certain level of respect for everyone, as per my own friendly nature. What I meant was (as you mentioned), I wouldn't go the extra mile in terms of my respect for them. No special treatment, to put it another way.
    I'd rep again if I could.

I'd rep again if I could.
    Happens all the time... :rolleyes:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I've been here about 3 years I think.

All this here was grass back in my day!

ReputationRep:
    Happens all the time... :rolleyes:
    Arrogant git...

Arrogant git...
    Confident, not arrogant :fyi:

ReputationRep:
    Confident, not arrogant :fyi:
    Over-confidence = Arrogance /YourLife ...

(Original post by WoodyMKC)
    I've been here about 3 years I think.

All this here was grass back in my day!
    Sit yourselves down, kids.

Now, back in my day, we used to live in a windmill. Imagine that! Me and my nine brothers and sisters - your uncles and aunties, as you know them - all cramped into a tiny, disused little outhouse-esque period building on the brink of caving in completely, and crushing and suffocating us to death! I was forced to sleep in an empty, oversized flour sack every night - imagine it! The stench of stale, mouldy flour filling mine and your aunties' and uncles' nostrils every single night before eventually drifting off to sleep...

You kids think you have it tough in this day and age? Pah! You don't know the half of it...
    :shakecane:
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Sit yourselves down, kids.

Now, back in my day, we used to live in a windmill. Imagine that! Me and my nine brothers and sisters - your uncles and aunties, as you know them - all cramped into a tiny, disused little outhouse-esque period building on the brink of caving in completely, and crushing and suffocating us to death! I was forced to sleep in an empty, oversized flour sack every night - imagine it! The stench of stale, mouldy flour filling mine and your aunties' and uncles' nostrils every single night before eventually drifting off to sleep...

You kids think you have it tough in this day and age? Pah! You don't know the half of it...
    :shakecane:
    Pffft! You were lucky! We just had all 50 of us in a shoebox by t'side of t'road. We'd work 26 hour days for a shilling a year!

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Andy98)
    Pffft! You were lucky! We just had all 50 of us in a shoebox by t'side of t'road. We'd work 26 hour days for a shilling a year!
    No, no, no, no, no. You're pronouncing it all wrong. It's t'ruuuuuuuuurd.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    No, no, no, no, no. You're pronouncing it all wrong. It's t'ruuuuuuuuurd.
    Bah, you got t'point

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    There are still a fair few from the UKL days... like Howard, Profesh, Reue and co...

I still come on here because the debate is decent. Some things used to be a lot better, such as the football and fashion forums..

(Original post by rockrunride)
    the football
    crumble ffs

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.