Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do I have every right to be mad at my girlfriend? Watch

Okay so I've been with my girlfriend for about 5/6 months and like every couple we have our arguments and some problems now and then. I just want to list a few things and to see what other people think. Because it always seems I'm in the wrong and now I'm starting to think that maybe it is me that's the problem. Anyway here goes:-She likes/comments on other boys photos-She says other boys are good looking infront of me-She sometimes brings her past relationships up (not meaning to)-She sometimes talks to other boys as friends but it winds me up-She will hardly text me back or make conversation than get on at me if I do it-She sometimes threatens to end the relationship-She searches other boys on Facebook and checks them out-She doesn't seem as interested in me as I am herLike I'm so respectful towards her, I'd never cheat on her. I wouldn't do any of them things to her. I just think that I chose to be in a relationship with this girl so why would I make myself seem interested in another girl by liking her photo or commenting on it. She says I'm being too obsessive and controlling. So now I'm starting to think maybe she's right? Just want someone else's perspective on this

ReputationRep:
    shes not perfect tbh
    but it is times like this where you can show her that you trust her because you might say that you do but actions speak louder than words

ReputationRep:
    Liking a photo is not a problem only if she wrote something under it that a taken girl shouldn't say.

Maybe you are smothering her?
    Tbh you are already accusing her of infidelity without any actual proof. On the other hand the things she is saying it quite wrong also.

Maybe try and fully trust her and let her have her life without judgement from you and see if her attitude changes?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Okay so I've been with my girlfriend for about 5/6 months and like every couple we have our arguments and some problems now and then. I just want to list a few things and to see what other people think. Because it always seems I'm in the wrong and now I'm starting to think that maybe it is me that's the problem. Anyway here goes:-She likes/comments on other boys photos-She says other boys are good looking infront of me-She sometimes brings her past relationships up (not meaning to)-She sometimes talks to other boys as friends but it winds me up-She will hardly text me back or make conversation than get on at me if I do it-She sometimes threatens to end the relationship-She searches other boys on Facebook and checks them out-She doesn't seem as interested in me as I am herLike I'm so respectful towards her, I'd never cheat on her. I wouldn't do any of them things to her. I just think that I chose to be in a relationship with this girl so why would I make myself seem interested in another girl by liking her photo or commenting on it. She says I'm being too obsessive and controlling. So now I'm starting to think maybe she's right? Just want someone else's perspective on this
    Mate, that is not normal. No offence but if your gf has no guilt/shame and is doing that stuff right in your face (doesnt even have the courtesy to do it behind your back), she is probably a slut. I would find yourself a new girl asap

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you have everyright to be angry wid her

ReputationRep:
    You're both in the wrong. She shouldn't be talking about all of the other boys she finds attractive, but you shouldn't be stopping her from seeing her friends. The fact that it winds you up even though she's not doing anything wrong with them shows that you're being a bit controlling. You seem to be creating issues out of nothing in some instances, but in others it's justified. For example, threatening to end the relationship is an awful thing to do if she's not serious.

You need to sit down and talk it through together, because you've said yourself that she doesn't mean to do some of these things and that she isn't doing anything wrong (with some of them). So both of you are in the wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Seems like she's trying to wind you up really. Testing you for whatever reaction. Don't talk to us about it, talk to her. It's gonna be hard not to come off emotional and insecure and jealous but...if that's what you are...she should accept you for who you are right lol

ReputationRep:
    I have every right to be mad at you for your grammar in the middle of that :unimpressed:
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Both of you sound immature, but then ofc both of you probably are.
    You both indulge in behaviours that the other find annoying. You cna either carry on doing that with the inevitable result or you cna talk to each other and compromise/ alter some of your most annoying behaviours so both of you can have less hassle.

ReputationRep:
    I will put things in various categories for you to decide what you want.

Firstly, things she should be allowed to do that literally do not matter at all:
    Anyway here goes:-She likes/comments on other boys photos
    She sometimes brings her past relationships up (not meaning to)-
    She sometimes talks to other boys as friends
    Secondly, rather ambiguous things that might be nothing:
    She doesn't seem as interested in me as I am her (this is a very vague statement that's difficult for me to interpret, pls details -RM)
    Really small issues that shouldn't have a massive weight:
    She says other boys are good looking infront of me-(unless she's like omg i'd bang him. if she's just like "yeah he's kinda good lookin then u kno it's pretty negligible) -RM)-She will hardly text me back or make conversation than get on at me if I do it-
    Things that could be rather wrong
    She searches other boys on Facebook and checks them out-
    Things she certainly shouldn't be doing often:
    She sometimes threatens to end the relationship
    Make your mind up using my handy "Arbitrary Categorising of Relationship Problems" System™. I hope things go well for you, sir.
    • Section Leader
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Welcome Squad
    "She sometimes talks to other boys as friends but it winds me up" - that would ring alarm bells for me if my boyfriend thought or said this, that seems controlling

shes in the wrong not you

stupid for threatening you.
    its fine if shes liking pics or commenting as long as its not making out that she's not in a relationship. I think its wrong of her to bring past relationships up.. why bring that up? its in the past for a reason (unless she was dissing him)

wrong for searching up other guys on facebook

not texting you well - why dont you wait until she text you first..

I know two wrongs don't make a right but do what she does to you-- so she knows how it feels?

ReputationRep:
    do the same thing she does to you back and you'll see what happens
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    What even... if she's barely talking to you, or not seeming as interested, then that's reason to at least talk to her.

But the rest of it seems a bit obsessive - there's nothing wrong with liking someone's photos, or having male friends. And it certainly shouldn't be winding you up if she hasn't actually done anything, that's tending towards controlling.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You sounds like a sweet guy who know they're going to pushed over.

You sounds like a sweet guy who know they're going to pushed over.
    agreed

ReputationRep:
    She likes/comments on other boys photos-She says other boys are good looking infront of me-She sometimes brings her past relationships upShe sometimes talks to other boys as friends but it winds me upShe sometimes threatens to end the relationship-She searches other boys on Facebook and checks them out-
    There are somethings in relationships you can't control and have to rely on trust/loyalty as its natural to be mirin'. :laugh:

However, I wouldn't say x girl is "fit" in front of my missus.

The minute she has arguments with you and threatens to end the relationship = shows she isn't loyal :lol:
    Don't put up with negativity life is too short for bs.
    • TSR Support Team

TSR Support Team
    Seems to be a tit for tat here, you can't stop her going out with friends but the same time it's not that nice of her to say how good looking other guys are. You both need to talk about all this when you are both calm.

ReputationRep:
    She needs taking down a peg. Cut contact.. play her at her own game with the intention of winning or the relationship ending.

Simple as that

ReputationRep:
    Lol at people saying OP should try to understand accept his gf.....lolyh he needs to understand and accept his gf is absoutely shameless, doesnt care about his feelings and is likely going to cheat on him (maybe already has).

OP I'm afraid the bitter truth for you is that your gf aint loyal. Get out of there while you can.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.