Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    When someone you disagree with opens their stupid Jew mouth.

ReputationRep:
    A speech made to incite hatred of people, religion and so on

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WBZ144)
    Someone here mentioned how Hitler is not entitled to a good reputation. We all know this, but it's funny that you mention him because he is an example of an individual who incited hatred towards entire religious groups, ethnicities and so forth using his right to freedom of expression. This is actually a good example of times when free speech should be limited.

Because hate speech exactly that; the incitement of violence or hatred towards a group on the basis of sex, sexuality, ethnicity, religious beliefs and a number of other protected characteristics. Unlimited free speech means that you're infringing the rights of others to safety and security.
    I don't think he killed people with words I thought it was actions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    I don't think he killed people with words I thought it was actions.
    Don't play naive. What caused people to tolerate these actions or turn a blind eye to them? Furthermore Jews and other groups were facing violence and discrimination before the Holocaust as a direct result of demonisation.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.