I'm tall and I hate it? 5'10 for a girl too tall?

Watch
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Valentinarose)
I've been so insecure about my height for a long time now, is there a way I can shrink or like I don't know maybe get over this damn insecurity? Im 17 and I literally feel like I scare all the guys away because of my height, one even told me I'm even too tall to be wearing heels so I've stopped wearing them and haven't worn them since. I've got like a couple modelling offers for a while now and I don't know if I should take them. I feel like modelling is the only place where talks girls are appreciated and recognised, like it feels like it's our place other than that we're probably considered Giants.
Theres nothing wrong with being tall Id love to be taller (even my dad is called little legs where we work).
And yeah, deffo take up the modelling offers. Enjoy them while you can.
Kami207
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Don’t worry about your height. People should not about your height. I am only 14 and I am 5’10 and I am picked on everyday for how much taller I am than everyone. But your height is just one of your best features!.😁
username3839854
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
wow ok so i'm 15 (AS lvl) and I'm 5'11'' lmao and I live in a country where the average height for girls is about 5'0'' to 5'2''. What i have to say is that wear what you want to wear, do what you want to do; you can't live the rest of your life not doing the things you want just bc some morons' egos are being hurt. Laugh the jokes off, flaunt your height bc it makes you special.
Steve__
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Always stand tall and wear your height with pride. Never stoop to talk to people shorter than you. You will look fantastic! You are very lucky!
Eva6
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Valentinarose)
I've been so insecure about my height for a long time now, is there a way I can shrink or like I don't know maybe get over this damn insecurity? Im 17 and I literally feel like I scare all the guys away because of my height, one even told me I'm even too tall to be wearing heels so I've stopped wearing them and haven't worn them since. I've got like a couple modelling offers for a while now and I don't know if I should take them. I feel like modelling is the only place where talks girls are appreciated and recognised, like it feels like it's our place other than that we're probably considered Giants.
There nothing wrong about being tall! My best friend is also quite tall, and she sees it as something unique. About modeling, I think you have to try, I wish I had such offers, but I'm too short. So take your chance and become new super famous model)
claire_135
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I’ve also been insecure about my height. I hate it more than anything else about myself. I wish I could be a few inches shorter so I’d be my friends’ heights.
claire_135
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Im really tall and I would love to be a few inches shorter
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
5ft 10 is the height of the average man.
Only 20-30% of men are taller than you

Most men desire a shorter female, but men are more lenient on height than females over a males height ....so if you are ok with dating a man shorter than you or the same size then being 5ft 10 is not going to be hugely detrimental to your dating life.

If however you only date men taller than you then you might find it harder to secure a bf as there are less guys to pick from and most guys would prefer a girl shorter than 5ft 10 tbh
simon_g
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
if there is anything that pushes guy away, it's a girls' uncesuricities. not the tallness.
midiwombatz
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by claire_135)
I’ve also been insecure about my height. I hate it more than anything else about myself. I wish I could be a few inches shorter so I’d be my friends’ heights.
I'm 5 11 and my best friend is 5 1. The heigh differecnce is moderately amusing but also makes me really insecure. I can relate!!
jimmy20187878697
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
shut up now
jimmy20187878697
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
**** you

**** you**** you

**** you

**** you

**** you

**** you
jimmy20187878697
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
hello
**** you

**** you

**** you

**** you

**** you

**** you

**** you
midiwombatz
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by jimmy20187878697)
**** you

**** you**** you

**** you

**** you

**** you

**** you
thanks for that insightful comment
DrMikeHuntHertz
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Men love tall women, means there won't be any issues reaching top kitchen cupboards.
Jeffhudson92
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
That is the ideal height for top models. Super hot.
SleepyGnome
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I’d love a few extra inches, try not to get down about it rock that height girl! Boys that aren’t interested are probably just jealous
White.vans
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
don't worry about it!! you may be surprised but 5'10 is not all that tall. I'm a couple years younger than u and I'm 5'10 and still growing. I was about 5'7 in sixth grade and expected to be up to 6ft. in middle school my friends were 4'10 and the tallest being 5'2, and me at about 5'8/ 5'9. a good portion of the guys in my high school are my height or shorter but I do have a slightly taller group now. i also LOVE wearing heels because i think it's fun being a walking tree sometimes. me and my friends will try on the biggest heel we can find and walk around. my tallest heels get me to about 6'3 but i only wear them for the joke of it. one downfall i had growing up was that i was super skinny and insecure about it. i was like 90 pounds and 5'7. but im more proportional now and play sports so my muscles get me to about 120 lbs. we may suck at limbo but being tall is actually really great. i was so insecure about my height but around 14 i realized i really do love my tree form.
Lisa tall girl
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I am 5 11 ... Embrace it! 😍
abbasrizvi918
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
That's more like an ideal height, trust me
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How will you be receiving your results?

Going into school to pick them up (193)
33.16%
Receiving them online / by email (291)
50%
I still don't know (98)
16.84%

Watched Threads