Turn on thread page Beta

Does anyone here have a trust fund? watch

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone here have a trust fund?

How has it impacted your life? you can state the amount if you want.

ReputationRep:
    i have a trust fund that my dad has been saving money for me, my grandma also puts money in it regular as im her only grand daughter. i have probs 10k-12k in it. Its impacted my life as it will help me enormously in the future, e.g. for a house or future kids education.

ReputationRep:
    Bump. Interested in this.

ReputationRep:
    I don't have a trust fund but all my friends seem to have £10,000 - £20000 ready for them when they turn 21. I'm personally not too fussed but it gets me wondering if it would impact my life if I did have one.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Yeah. It's not huge though, about £25k saved over the past 18 years by my parents. My other brothers and sisters have similar amounts (3 of them). I can't touch it until I'm 21.

I can't say that it's impacted my life immensely, but I guess I have some security if I ever wanted to say put a deposit on a house. I'm still very much driven to aim high career wise and hopefully earn my way to the top - beating my dad's (he passed away 6 years ago) peak salary is an example of one of my many goals.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.