The Student Room Group

Far right extremists make massive gains in German elections

Scroll to see replies

Original post by queen-bee
And replaced by hate groups?

They are not a hate group they are simply concerned for their country and the damage that is currently being done to it.

This is not something people should be made to feel ashamed of.

Actually no you go ahead queeny as it's people like you who turn more people to the extreme far right.
Reply 21
Original post by Mahmoud X
They're not a far-right party, their most extreme policy is outlawing circumcision and ritual slaughter.

so would you say asking for racial segregation in school isn't extreme at all?
Original post by tj23

source please
Original post by BaconandSauce
They are not a hate group they are simply concerned for their country and the damage that is currently being done to it.

This is not something people should be made to feel ashamed of.

Actually no you go ahead queeny as it's people like you who turn more people to the extreme far right.

So you're okay with their policies?

Yes,people are turning to right wing extremist groups because they feel that they will be the ones to rescue their country when it'll probably just create race wars
Original post by Aceadria
It's not about wanting them or not. It's about a lack of controls and numbers. There's a large difference.

I'm pretty sure Angela Knows what she's doing :smile:
I'm pretty sure Angela Knows what she's doing :smile:

That's irrelevant. It's what her electorate want her to do.
So you're okay with their policies?

Yes,people are turning to right wing extremist groups because they feel that they will be the ones to rescue their country when it'll probably just create race wars

I don't know all of their polices nor so I suspect do you but I have no issues with people defending their country from and unwanted immigration from a culture that is so at odds with the host country
Original post by Inexorably
I'm ngl, considering how obsessed Germany is with regards to the environment, I'm surprised the Greens didn't do resoundingly better.

Then again, can't say I focus much upon German politics at all :tongue:

The results, whilst embarrassing for Germany, thankfully don't amount to much. Considering no one would want to go into a coalition with a far right party come the national election next year, I'm not too fussed with the results.

Media will have a field day mind you, everyone is gonna start going over the top about the return of Nazism or something.
Original post by Aceadria
That's irrelevant. It's what her electorate want her to do.

And I'm sure they have Germany's best interests at heart
Reply 29
source please

their election programme for Saxony-Anhalt which also talks about twelve unlucky years when referring to 1933-145, removing teaching about Nazi time and GDR from school, removing almost everything that promotes gender equality...I would give you a link but their programme is only in German
I don't know all of their polices nor so I suspect do you but I have no issues with people defending their country from and unwanted immigration from a culture that is so at odds with the host country

To each their own
Not surprising considering the Cologne sex attacks.
Original post by tj23
their election programme for Saxony-Anhalt which also talks about twelve unlucky years when referring to 1933-145, removing teaching about Nazi time and GDR from school, removing almost everything that promotes gender equality...I would give you a link but their programme is only in German

I can translate
To each their own

Yes exactly.
Original post by lustawny
I thought we had consigned nazism to the history books where it belongs? This is nothing but a step backwards into darkness again.

That is what you get when you invite a million Muslims into your country in twelve months. Well done Angela, good job!

If another million come this year it won't just be a good result in three regional elections but a victory in the general (Federal) election in 2017. So there needs to be a dramatic shift in policy very soon.
24% in Sachsen-Anhalt. Hardly a surprise. The far right's presence in the old GDR states is nothing new or to be particularly concerned about.

Interesting that the Greens have taken off in Baden though... there might be a big personality at the helm of it since the SPD were distantly far back.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by tj23

It is what we have in the UK now. Have you ever been to Luton, Bradford or Tower Hamlets?
Original post by JezWeCan!
If another million come this year it won't just be a good result in three regional elections but a victory in the general (Federal) election in 2017. So there needs to be a dramatic shift in policy very soon.

AfD are certainly not winning the general election. Pockets of regions may have vocal opposition to the CDU/CSU, but the vast majority of the country still consider them complete loonies.

Every major poll shows their support is around the same as it were back in January, hovering around the 10-12% mark. I'd be interested to know where you think they'll suddenly get a surge to win in one year.

Original post by rockrunride
Interesting that the Greens have taken off in Baden though... there might be a big personality at the helm of it since the SPD were distantly far back.

To me it seems like the regional elections were treated almost like a referendum on immigration (Friends in Germany have said that's what they were viewed as or were expected to be like) so there's support for either those who clearly oppose Merkel's handling, or those who clearly support it. Hence the swings to both extremes, AfD and the Greens.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending