Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepysnooze)
    where did she say they wouldn't be accepting of her? she only said or implied that *she* wouldn't be accepting of *them*
    lmao.
    Your comprenshion skills are ****ing terrible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepysnooze)
    where did she say they wouldn't be accepting of her? she only said or implied that *she* wouldn't be accepting of *them*
    ??? go back and read her posts dude

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveleest)
    I am black and I would only go for a black/mixed or white guy. I would never see myself with a Arab/middle eastern or Asian guy.
    This is the reason why I never see black girls with ^

ReputationRep:
    Okay? That is nice...
    The reason why I wouldn't go for them is nothing looks related at all. In fact, I am very physically attracted to arab men but their parents are very intolarent and would not accept a black female in the family. Same goes for Asian and Middle Eastern men...
    You are not going to meet the parents of every guy you date.... :wtf:
    And besides there are I'm sure there are a few whose parents wouldn't mind?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luminarychild)
    You are not going to meet the parents of every guy you date.... :wtf:
    And besides there are I'm sure there are a few whose parents wouldn't mind?
    But I will do if I eventually get into a relationship with them?
    Yes, but very rare. And plus I am not religious but a lot of Asians and Arabs are which would also be a conflict.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not interested in people's racial preferences. But what's interesting is how these racial preferences emerge in the first place. None of us are born with a preference, it is put into us by our environment.

For example, there is a huge inferiority complex/slave mentality in Indians/Desis towards white skin. Although there have been historical factors that contributed to this, the reality is that 99%+ of Indians today have never been slaves to white people. So where does it come from?

My theory is that it comes from the same place that influences many facets of society - media. Hollywood/TV shows white men and women as front and center, with minorities either in supporting/antagonistic roles. One or two movies won't mean much, but when it is repeated over and over again, it subconsciously establishes a message in people (of all colours) that whites are better/more desirable/more important, and everyone else less so to varying degrees. For example blacks are generally more excepted in western society than those from Asia. This could be due to a variety of reasons, but I'm betting their better visibility/important roles in movies and TV compared to other races plays a big part.

Maybe this can be excused to a degree by the fact that western media caters to a majority white audience. But the fact that western media is so aggressively exported and dominant in majority non-white countries as well makes it an issue. Add to this the fact that other nations own media (for example Bollywood) many times puts lighter skinned people (and increasingly the case, practically white people) front and center and this subconsciously sends the same message, rather than provide a counter narrative. It is no wonder that whites and non-whites consider whites as more desirable.

Funnily enough, I know a few white girls, who after seeing a couple of Bollywood movies, are suddenly more interested in Indian guys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theperformer)
    People like what race they like, doesn't change the fact that it's racist.
    Prejudice and preference aren't synonymous

ReputationRep:
    I have no racial preferences (probably due to the fact that I like learning about new cultures/languages) so I've been exposed to a lot of different media from other countries & I've found many people within/outside my race attractive.

But height is important to me because I'm 6'1-2. I think girls like when guys are a bit taller than us because we feel safer?(don't know if it's the right word to use). Also, we feel more feminine and smaller compared to them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IAmNero)
    Prejudice and preference aren't synonymous
    It's fine to prefer one race over another in terms of what you're attracted to; but to say something like ''I do not find Indians attractive'' is definitely racist; it is an absurdity to suggest that there are not a few of that race that are not attractive, because the top 00.1% of all races are objectively attractive.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh opinions can change.. I'm 5"10 so I like a guy over 6". I always thought I wouldn't be attracted to a coloured guy but I have a crush on an Asian so it proves sometimes a person comes into your life that you just love and you don't know why but you just do.

ReputationRep:
    You need to be slightly smaller so I can slow dance and not look like an idiot, and then skin colour doesn't really bother me as long as you're not black, cus I don't want the police to harass you when we're on a date? ygm

ReputationRep:
    people have a choice don't they? anyway i think it would be wrong to shun a whole race and say " i would never date Arab people or Indian people" that would just come of as racist for sure. but i think its okay to have preferences.

ReputationRep:
    It's fine to prefer one race over another in terms of what you're attracted to; but to say something like ''I do not find Indians attractive'' is definitely racist; it is an absurdity to suggest that there are not a few of that race that are not attractive, because the top 00.1% of all races are objectively attractive.
    No, it's not. To be racist you have to express a dislike based on the characteristics, not a lack of attraction. I personally do not find black guys attractive, but it doesn't mean I dislike black people.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5ft 10
    I'm a light beige colour (I'm indian)

what colour a guy is idc tbh if I love him and he gets along with my family then its good
    height wise id want someone taller 6ft + , or maybe 5,9, 510 but id prefer a really tall guy. so I can be held by him and feel protected x

- smile 43

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IAmNero)
    No, it's not. To be racist you have to express a dislike based on the characteristics, not a lack of attraction. I personally do not find black guys attractive, but it doesn't mean I dislike black people.
    Actually, racism has nothing to do with dislike: you can have ''positive'' racism too, e.g. giving people scholarships or lower entry requirements based on their race.

If you don't find black guys attractive, then that's racist. Look, the last thing I want is to come across as an SJW, but it's true --- it's absurd to disregard an entire race as ''not attractive'' - because the top 00.1% of that race will have physical characteristics that are objectively attractive. There are black guys with chiseled faces and perfect ratios, you would have to be extremely weird NOT to find them attractive.

Actually, racism has nothing to do with dislike: you can have ''positive'' racism too, e.g. giving people scholarships or lower entry requirements based on their race.

If you don't find black guys attractive, then that's racist. Look, the last thing I want is to come across as an SJW, but it's true --- it's absurd to disregard an entire race as ''not attractive'' - because the top 00.1% of that race will have physical characteristics that are objectively attractive. There are black guys with chiseled faces and perfect ratios, you would have to be extremely weird NOT to find them attractive.
    i disagree with you actually.you have no control over who you are attracted to. it's about what your eyes finds appealing . i don't find black guys attractive but i have black guy friends who i respect and care about but i just don't find them attractive that's all. so am i racist? no i don't think so

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whorace)
    You need to be slightly smaller so I can slow dance and not look like an idiot, and then skin colour doesn't really bother me as long as you're not black, cus I don't want the police to harass you when we're on a date? ygm
    Dammit i have never experience racism this would probably be an experience for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    i disagree with you actually.you have no control over who you are attracted to. it's about what your eyes finds appealing . i don't find black guys attractive but i have black guy friends who i respect and care about but i just don't find them attractive that's all. so am i racist? no i don't think so
    Yes, that is racist. Doesn't make you a bad person or any less moral, but society has conditioned you to find your own race attractive.

ReputationRep:
    Okay? That is nice...
    The reason why I wouldn't go for them is nothing looks related at all. In fact, I am very physically attracted to arab men but their parents are very intolarent and would not accept a black female in the family. Same goes for Asian and Middle Eastern men...
    Absolutely nothing wrong with having personal preferences...but this bit is just dumb asf. I'm black and my parents would go crazy if i was in a relationship with someone of a different culture. Don't judge people by their f*cking ethnicity. I know a lot of Asians that are very liberal and Africans that are very conservative.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mjcal1)
    Absolutely nothing wrong with having personal preferences...but this bit is just dumb asf. I'm black and my parents would go crazy if i was in a relationship with someone of a different culture. Don't judge people by their f*cking ethnicity. I know a lot of Asians that are very liberal and Africans that are very conservative.
    Stop ****ing lying.
    MOST are not... I just said I would not personally go for them. Why did my post hurt your feelings so much?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 14, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.