Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello guys,
    Lately I have been offered a place from Bocconi and Leiden for Bachelor Law Programme. I couldn't decide which would be the most appropriate for me. Which one would you choose and why?
    Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elifm)
    Hello guys,
    Lately I have been offered a place from Bocconi and Leiden for Bachelor Law Programme. I couldn't decide which would be the most appropriate for me. Which one would you choose and why?
    Thanks in advance
    So you speak Dutch? Most international students won't have any experience of the Bachelor in Law at Leiden as it is a Dutch speaking programme. I study here and I have a couple of Dutch friends doing a Bachelors in Law if you want me to ask them about it

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much. I don't know Dutch that's why if I go there I will study one year Dutch preperation. I would be very happy if you would ask them. My main concern is about which is known more internationally.

(Original post by tobiasxjones)
    So you speak Dutch? Most international students won't have any experience of the Bachelor in Law at Leiden as it is a Dutch speaking programme. I study here and I have a couple of Dutch friends doing a Bachelors in Law if you want me to ask them about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elifm)
    Thank you very much. I don't know Dutch that's why if I go there I will study one year Dutch preperation. I would be very happy if you would ask them. My main concern is about which is known more internationally.
    Ah ok, well Leiden is the best in the Netherlands for Law, and does very well in rankings. QS ranks Leiden as 23 in the world for Law, so you certainly would be doing well in coming here. Personally I have never heard of Bocconi, but I am sure other people might be able to tell you more about that. Very impressed that you would do the Dutch course first! I'll see what I can do about asking someone to pass on some info about the course to you!

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I study Lawin Leiden and I really enjoy it. The teachers are great, most of the time theywork as lawyers and teacher so they can tell a lot about how it works in thereal world, this gives you new perspectives, because in practice, it is oftendifferently to it than in the books. Most teachers can tell enthusiasticabout their field, that is contagiousI admitthat you have read quite a lot and you need a lot of self-discipline. The studyis all in Dutch and you have to read a lot so it will be hard with only oneyear of knowledge of Dutch. Maybe you can already start learning Dutch before the course starts? That will probablymake it more easy to follow.

ReputationRep:
    Hi there!
    I've never heard of Leiden before, but unless you're really interested in corporate law and finance I wouldn't go to Bocconi. It does have quite a lot of connections with other unis and companies, and it offers some interesting internships, but it's very economics-based, since the Law course is quite new and their main faculty is Economy.
    And as you might know, Bocconi costs loads of money and unless your family has a really low income there's going to be no chance of getting a scholarship.
    It really depends on what you think you might want to do after Law, really, because Bocconi is a good school and is well known both nationally and internationally, but it really gives you an economic approach to law, which might actually be a good thing if that's what you're into.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 17, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.