Turn on thread page Beta

AQA AS Psychology PSYA1/PSYA2 Revision Thread 2016 watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hehexd)
    The third set was given to me a few weeks a go as a mock test but i cant find it online anywhere.
    No worries. I did find a copy of third-set for paper 1, I'll keep looking for 2.

It sucks for people who don't have access, and would have loved more practice!

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to make a 2nd whatsapp group (as the other one made is now full) so we can share revision notes/chat about the exam/get help with anything you're stuck on - just message me your number and we'll get it started up!!!! GOOD LUCK

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kefte)
    No worries. I did find a copy of third-set for paper 1, I'll keep looking for 2.

It sucks for people who don't have access, and would have loved more practice!
    Here, try see if this link works. https://smhw-production.s3.amazonaws...1.2_QP__5_.pdf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaykaayy)
    Here, try see if this link works. https://smhw-production.s3.amazonaws...1.2_QP__5_.pdf
    Thank-you - that's brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know any possible questions for research methods?? I hate it so much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kefte)
    Thank-you - that's brilliant.
    No problem!

ReputationRep:
    The 12 markers are likely to be on the cognitive approach and the biological approach to treating/explaining OCD, also expect a question on the economy in research methods and lots of evaluation in section a and b, as there wasn't much in unit 1, so I would expect evaluation of definitions of abnormality or some of the approaches

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by m_wharrier)
    The 12 markers are likely to be on the cognitive approach and the biological approach to treating/explaining OCD, also expect a question on the economy in research methods and lots of evaluation in section a and b, as there wasn't much in unit 1, so I would expect evaluation of definitions of abnormality or some of the approaches
    thanks dude, any predictions on biopsychology?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by m_wharrier)
    Cognitive approach to treating OCD or depression?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sani99)
    Cognitive approach to treating OCD or depression?
    I think they mean cognitive approach to approaches in approaches in psychology section; schemas/computer models/mental processes. I imagine you could link it back to depression though.

Then (biological) treatment for OCD may be in psychopathology.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have a quick summary of Beevers study into the cognitive approach to explaining depression?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kefte)
    I think they mean cognitive approach to approaches in approaches in psychology section; schemas/computer models/mental processes. I imagine you could link it back to depression though.

Then (biological) treatment for OCD may be in psychopathology.
    Oh thankyou

ReputationRep:
    anyone know if we need to know the lobes of the brain/function? we learnt it in class but its not in my revision guide

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hehexd)
    thanks dude, any predictions on biopsychology?
    Possibly the flight or fight response as a 4 marker

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by $pacemelons)
    anyone know if we need to know the lobes of the brain/function? we learnt it in class but its not in my revision guide
    I don't know - it just says "biological structures" in spec' - but, it is in the main AQA textbook (the one with a cat). I'd suggest watching this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdQ6eTkZjFI - I think it covers everything (including lobes) of what you may or may not need really-well.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got any notes on biopsychology that they would like to bless me with? it would be really helpful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ramseyisbuff)
    Has anyone got any notes on biopsychology that they would like to bless me with? it would be really helpful
    got some flashcards on cram you can use
    http://www.cram.com/flashcards/memor...hology-6693917
    let me know if link works or not

ReputationRep:
    Please help me with the biological approach! What would I need to add to this?Biopsychologists believe that chemical processes in the brain can be an important influence on behaviour. The brain relies on a large number of chemicals (called neurotransmitters and hormones) to send signals between neurons. Too much or too little of any of these chemicals can result in over- or under-activity in various parts of the brain, which results in changes to thinking, feeling and behaviour. For example,
    Another Biological theory is….?

1. One strength of the Biological Approach is the practical application of drug therapies that aim to increase or decrease levels of neurotransmitters in the brain to increase or decrease their activity.An example of this is SSRIs which are the most commonly used drugs for OCD. They work by increasing levels of serotonin which regulates mood and anxiety. This matters because SSRIs are an effective treatment for OCD and demonstrates the utility of the Biological Approach to improve the lives of people with OCD.
    2. Another strength of the Biological Approach comes from research by Lewis in 1936. Lewis studied patients with OCD and found that 37% of them had parents with OCD and 21% had siblings with it. This matters because it would support that Biological Approaches theory that there is a link between genetics and behaviour.
    3.However, one criticism is that it doesn't take other factors into account, for example learning.The Biological Approach ignores the role of learning and suggests that behaviour can only be explained scientifically, such as genetics or neurochemistry.However, Learning psychologists believe that the environment influences behaviour.
    This matters because the Biological Approach doesn’t provide a complete explanation of human behaviour, so it’s limited in its application.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student5072005)
    Please help me with the biological approach! What would I need to add to this?Biopsychologists believe that chemical processes in the brain can be an important influence on behaviour. The brain relies on a large number of chemicals (called neurotransmitters and hormones) to send signals between neurons. Too much or too little of any of these chemicals can result in over- or under-activity in various parts of the brain, which results in changes to thinking, feeling and behaviour. For example,
    Another Biological theory is….?

1. One strength of the Biological Approach is the practical application of drug therapies that aim to increase or decrease levels of neurotransmitters in the brain to increase or decrease their activity.An example of this is SSRIs which are the most commonly used drugs for OCD. They work by increasing levels of serotonin which regulates mood and anxiety. This matters because SSRIs are an effective treatment for OCD and demonstrates the utility of the Biological Approach to improve the lives of people with OCD.
    2. Another strength of the Biological Approach comes from research by Lewis in 1936. Lewis studied patients with OCD and found that 37% of them had parents with OCD and 21% had siblings with it. This matters because it would support that Biological Approaches theory that there is a link between genetics and behaviour.
    3.However, one criticism is that it doesn't take other factors into account, for example learning.The Biological Approach ignores the role of learning and suggests that behaviour can only be explained scientifically, such as genetics or neurochemistry.However, Learning psychologists believe that the environment influences behaviour.
    This matters because the Biological Approach doesn’t provide a complete explanation of human behaviour, so it’s limited in its application.
    If this is in refernce to explaining ocd then talk about serotonin levels being low in ocd patients as research indiciates thag ocd patients only respond to drugs that regulate serotonin levels. You could also talk about the lack os serotonin in the synapse binding to receptors on the post synpatic nerve for extra explanation.

Also talk about the NEUROANOTOMICAL explanation. The BASAL GANGLIA is a part in the brain which controls motor functions and brain scans show that hypersensitivity in this area leads to an increase in observable motor functions (repetitive behaviour). Also a meta analysis of 10 studies of ocd patients has show that STRUCTURE ABNORMALITIES in the basal ganglia has also lead to increase motor function.

ReputationRep:
    Please can someone tell me what time the psya2 exam is tomorrow? I've lost the exam timetable🙄

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.