The Student Room Group

AQA AS Psychology PSYA1/PSYA2 Revision Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lucasbaker
I hope so too and I hope grade boundaries are low as hell.

stop discussing it, it only makes it worse because people can raise grade boundaries because they know all the questions
Original post by jackthb
stop discussing it, it only makes it worse because people can raise grade boundaries because they know all the questions

What? Everyone does the exam at the same time don't they? So who is this benefiting?
aqa is an international company, the exam is done world wide, but not always at the same time. this means that international students can find the questions, or if a student is in isolation, as they have a clash with exam times. both unlikely circumstances, but not a chance anyone should be willing to take.
Original post by jackthb
aqa is an international company, the exam is done world wide, but not always at the same time. this means that international students can find the questions, or if a student is in isolation, as they have a clash with exam times. both unlikely circumstances, but not a chance anyone should be willing to take.

Oh so does that mean we cannot discuss the exam?
Original post by Abirella
Oh so does that mean we cannot discuss the exam?

you can, but there is a chance it will disadvantage you. for the most part everyone is discussing it anyway, so you may and as well.
The questions were worded...weird.
Original post by jackthb
you can, but there is a chance it will disadvantage you. for the most part everyone is discussing it anyway, so you may and as well.

Oh ok thanks for the information. :biggrin:
I think the questions were worded vaguely,
For the long term memory question I stated each long term memory: Procedural, Semantic and Episodic
Then I basically matched each memory to the people. Also explained them. However in the question it said
ONE EXAMPLE. I was sooo confused still confused.
Original post by the.chantele
The questions were worded...weird.

weren't they!! most of the actual q's were okay, it was just the wording that threw me off. What did everyone write for the 12 marker on working memory?

I was baffled as to what it was asking, so i basically answered 'outline and evaluate the working memory model' and used two pieces of psychological research in my evaluation :s-smilie:
Did anyone else put one example for all three ltm's, I read the question many times but couldn't understand what it meant so put explanations of three memories and said that the one that remembered the tools was the one that showed all three is this right?
Was there are a question on Milgram on the AS Psychology paper?
Original post by Abirella
Was there are a question on Milgram on the AS Psychology paper?

No, there was a question on Asch
I messed up the 12 markers, the wording made it so difficult :frown:
Original post by Anaw015
No, there was a question on Asch

Thank You. I was confused because people were talking about Milgram question.
did everyone put mean and median for the 2 other descriptive data types?
It was alright, but slightly confused with wording on the 12 marker about "Working Memory", and didn't really understand the self report question.
Original post by $pacemelons
did everyone put mean and median for the 2 other descriptive data types?

Yes, I did :smile:
I put range and mean
Original post by Anaw015
Did anyone else put one example for all three ltm's, I read the question many times but couldn't understand what it meant so put explanations of three memories and said that the one that remembered the tools was the one that showed all three is this right?

You had to outline what each: episodic, procedural and semantic memories are and relate to the 3 people in either of them.

Like:

Episodic is...
This shows that Germaine...
Original post by the.chantele
You had to outline what each: episodic, procedural and semantic memories are and relate to the 3 people in either of them.

Like:

Episodic is...
This shows that Germaine...

I read the question wrong then because I thought it said one example so I linked all of them to one

Quick Reply

Latest

No latest threads to show

Trending

Trending