Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abirella)
    Thank You. I was confused because people were talking about Milgram question.
    Me too! I thought I missed out a page or something haha

ReputationRep:
    Guys is it okay if i said that the strange situation is based around western culture and that it may not be relevant if performed in other cultures. BUT i forgot to mention that its imposed etic so do i still get the mark

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the.chantele)
    I put range and mean
    me too, i didn't put median do u still think it's a mark

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anaw015)
    I read the question wrong then because I thought it said one example so I linked all of them to one
    No, you did it wrong BUT you will gain 4 marks or 3 depends.

Its out of 6 right?

If so...you might gain 4 marks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophieee0933)
    me too, i didn't put median do u still think it's a mark
    There are many you could have put l was debating whether to put median or range so l put range.

I love 2 questions in he paper:

Researcher A and Research B where you had to put Harlow with the rhesus monkeys and Lorenz with the geese

ReputationRep:
    I put Lorenz Korenz But the forename is not right, will i still get a mark ?? did the same with harlow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maxtheloo)
    I put Lorenz Korenz But the forename is not right, will i still get a mark ?? did the same with harlow
    So what did you put? Lorenz Korenz and Harlow Parlow ? YES you would still get the marks for the first names they don't take away marks for adding info they only add give marks.

ReputationRep:
    Predictions for unit 2?

ReputationRep:
    I put Korenz Lorenz and John Harlow, should get the marks right ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yukio.X)
    Wow u were accurate
    I know! Slightly wrong with the Milgram but still thought it'd be on variations and an 8 Marker purely based on the fact that last years included a 12 mark on studies of social influence so i thought they're not going to give you a study but variation.

The strange situation prediction was a hit

And the 12 marker was on the working not multistore but there was a 6 marker on types of LTM

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm new to this discussion I also sat this exam today so glad its over n done with but next week all over again lol.
    How did people find the exam, I thought the social influence section was really nice, personally I found memory the essay question a bit iffy. I'm not to sure if I did it right but I defined central executive, phonological loop, visuo-spatial sketchpad and episodic buffer then gave research evidence for them. Then I evaluated the wmm as a whole but I'm not to sure if that was right though would I get marks for that. I found attachment okay as well.

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone put for types of LTM?
    Bearing in mind there was a case study to it

ReputationRep:
    The last 12 marker though?! I was expecting an 'explain and evaluate' but instead it said 'Discuss' anyone else get confused at that?

ReputationRep:
    For the Stm multi-store questions I put Miller 7+/-2 and Peterson and Jacobs and explained how they affected arm eg new information displaced old as limited in capacity and that as it is in a fragile state and can quickly disappear you have to repeat it over and over again.

Was it right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anaw015)
    For the Stm multi-store questions I put Miller 7+/-2 and Peterson and Jacobs and explained how they affected arm eg new information displaced old as limited in capacity and that as it is in a fragile state and can quickly disappear you have to repeat it over and over again.

Was it right?
    i dont think displacement in STM was in this spec so not sure if you will get marks for it

ReputationRep:
    I assumed multi-store model, as it was to do with rehearsal, would be the serial position effect - primary and recency?

I did horrible though. Thought I was making great time, took my time on what I thought was my last question (the 12-marker). Had another quick flick through with just over 10-minutes to go....and realized I'd somehow completely skipped the other 12 marker and the 6-marker in the same section.

Hustled down and just wrote for my life. But, there is no way I picked-up anymore than half marks them. I just wasn't in the right frame of mind today though. I usually relish in exams...but today I just wanted to run away, the wording of it all was frustrating and I didn't feel comfortable. I rarely drop more than a couple of marks in my mocks though, and I could have nailed the ones I missed.

I'm better at the next paper, anyway...so I'm gonna leave no stone unturned and try to get near-enough full marks in the hope I can balance it out, and come-out with a good enough grade. Least this doesn't count towards the full A-level. Trying for medicine though - and I'm usually straight A's - so I'm feeling so emotional/angry.

ReputationRep:
    Ok so I remembered Harlow's name wrong and put Herlitz (I was thinking about Lorenz at the same time so I mixed them together) Would they still know who I was talking about?

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, im revising for the second paper to try and ace it and gain...almost full marks.

I want that A!!

ReputationRep:
    Lol, the way you guys are talking about this on a thread designed for the new spec.

ReputationRep:
    I have come to the conclusion that, the CGP revision book that I've mostly relied on is rubbish for the new spec' - not once does it mention 'self-report', for example. CGP has been great for biology A-level though.

I'd sell-it-on, if it wasn't for the fear of dooming someone one else.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 24, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.