Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I am planning to study Cognitive Science at Edinburgh University this coming September.

However I have always wanted to be a Secondary teacher so I was wondering if it is possible to get into teaching with this degree? As in could I use it to then do post-grad courses to be a maths teacher, biology maybe, computing etc?
    How would I go about this?

Or should I hold off for a year and apply to a course that is actually part of the curriculum?

Thanks for any help

ReputationRep:
    What is a Cognitive Science degree? You need good gcse and a levels I think. oh and a pgce.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RebeccaMartin_)
    Hi,

I am planning to study Cognitive Science at Edinburgh University this coming September.

However I have always wanted to be a Secondary teacher so I was wondering if it is possible to get into teaching with this degree? As in could I use it to then do post-grad courses to be a maths teacher, biology maybe, computing etc?
    How would I go about this?

Or should I hold off for a year and apply to a course that is actually part of the curriculum?

Thanks for any help
    Fifty per cent of your degree needs to be in the subject you wish to teach. The content of your degree is going to be pretty important so choose modules carefully.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.