Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Guy practically friendzoned me and then asks if I've been on any dates recently? Watch

I was seeing a guy for about two months, things were going well until we had a little misunderstanding and it didn't really get resolved. I attempted to resolve it, but things didn't go to plan.

So about a month ago I asked why he was being so distant and at first he wasn't getting straight to the point, until I had to probe him a bit more and he said he didn't think we would be anything more than friends.

I just accepted this and went on my merry way. To me it sounded like he was friendzoning me. He asked if I still wanted to talk to him and I said i didn't mind.

Anyway this morning we are texting each other (continuing our conversation from last night) and all of a sudden he asks if I've been on any dates lately. I answered honestly and said no. Why would he ask this?

ReputationRep:
    Well at first he was friendzoning you and he probz just want to know if you have been on dates, might be just a question or he might actually want to take you on a date.

Well I decided that I needed some closure on the situation. So I asked and it confirmed what I had considered as the reason why he ended things. He wanted more of a physically relationship and he didn't think it would be fair on me, so he thought ending it was the best idea. I can totally understand this from his point of view since I lack experience in that department. I actually wanted to go with the flow and try new things so to speak (as long as I was comfortable). I think day we got our wires crossed was essentially the issue here since we didn't discuss anything. Oh well at least I know now.

ReputationRep:
    Very odd OP watch this guy with caution...

(Original post by sassy123)
    Very odd OP watch this guy with caution...
    Why do you say this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Why do you say this?
    He sounds like a game player think you would be better moving on this is coming from someone who had very bad experience with this thing.

(Original post by sassy123)
    He sounds like a game player think you would be better moving on this is coming from someone who had very bad experience with this thing.

This has crossed my mind before, however I think like this about every guy. The last three or so guys I've dated have ended things because they wanted more affection And I'm not really an affectionate person. Or the relationship lacked physical activity, so I'm pretty used to hearing this (not saying I don't agree with what you're saying).

He said he's still around if I ever need a hug or shoulder to cry on. I laughed and said that's what people say when they are friendzoning you. He went on to say he was still attracted to me and sometimes hugging leads to more. So i asked him to elaborate and he says ''sometimes when you hug you want more and when you don't get more you feel frustrated '.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    This has crossed my mind before, however I think like this about every guy. The last three or so guys I've dated have ended things because they wanted more affection And I'm not really an affectionate person. Or the relationship lacked physical activity, so I'm pretty used to hearing this (not saying I don't agree with what you're saying).

He said he's still around if I ever need a hug or shoulder to cry on. I laughed and said that's what people say when they are friendzoning you. He went on to say he was still attracted to me and sometimes hugging leads to more. So i asked him to elaborate and he says ''sometimes when you hug you want more and when you don't get more you feel frustrated '.
    Sounds like mixed signals but I would really try and move on from this and maybe in the future you could get together again if you really wanted to . Boys are way more confusing than girls .

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.