Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Oh god it's tomorrow. Really hope the exam is easy. Kinda worried about the 6 markers as one of the last year ones was kinda weird...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by history fanatic)
    Oh god it's tomorrow. Really hope the exam is easy. Kinda worried about the 6 markers as one of the last year ones was kinda weird...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What was it? My mock only contained the comparison question between a desktop and laptop!

Also, would you be any chance know why a high bandwidth is better than low? Does it just enable better quality??

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got any predictions for tomorrow's ict paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by worksmartnothard)
    What was it? My mock only contained the comparison question between a desktop and laptop!

Also, would you be any chance know why a high bandwidth is better than low? Does it just enable better quality??
    You need a high bandwidth as it is a measurement of the capacity of data when it is transferred so baisically it can hold more data

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keerthik)
    Hey guys! I'm revising for this too and I made these flashcards if you guys wanna use them They're based on the Edexcel Revision Guide. Tell me if you've checked them out and whether you found them useful at all! Also, I really love the site, it allows me to take a break from all the writing notes I do ahaha

https://www.brainscape.com/packs/740...ferrer=2082912
    THEY ARE AMAZING
    Thank you so much
    I made some too based on the technology update please check it out

https://www.brainscape.com/packs/761...ferrer=2143868

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by worksmartnothard)

It was something along the lines of "What are the moral, ethical and legal dilemmas of digital communication" (Or something like that) Kinda threw me off when I read it tbh.

And a high bandwidth means more data is transferred per second, therefore it means you'll have a faster internet connection.. I think?? At least this is what I've been taught haha. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kulsum1)
    You need a high bandwidth as it is a measurement of the capacity of data when it is transferred so baisically it can hold more data
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    It was something along the lines of "What are the moral, ethical and legal dilemmas of digital communication" (Or something like that) Kinda threw me off when I read it tbh.

And a high bandwidth means more data is transferred per second, therefore it means you'll have a faster internet connection.. I think?? At least this is what I've been taught haha. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    Wait what!?! I'd have no clue where to start!!

Yeah I think that's right actually, thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScienceFantatic)
    Is anyone else's ICT teacher awful?
    Yesssss. God mine is awful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScienceFantatic)
    Is anyone else's ICT teacher awful?
    my ict teacher wasnt even qualified..

and she taught the whole yr wrong

and now she's left the school..

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everyone

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariam687)
    my ict teacher wasnt even qualified..

and she taught the whole yr wrong

and now she's left the school..
    ik same here

ReputationRep:
    How did you all find it?

I felt like I didn't have much to say about the last 6 marker so I just rambled on about people being rejected job offers and a whole bunch of stuff like that haha. There were loads of crossing boxes so I was really happy about that And the questions asking about defining the World Wide Web and the Internet kinda threw me off because I hadn't memorized any proper definitions so I just wrote whatever I thought made sense. Overall though I'm quite satisfied, I expected it to be really difficult but it wasn't super challenging.
    What about you guys?

Oh and did anybody else end up finishing the exam really early? 1 hour and half was quite a lot of time tbh hahah

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How did you all find it?

I felt like I didn't have much to say about the last 6 marker so I just rambled on about people being rejected job offers and a whole bunch of stuff like that haha. There were loads of crossing boxes so I was really happy about that And the questions asking about defining the World Wide Web and the Internet kinda threw me off because I hadn't memorized any proper definitions so I just wrote whatever I thought made sense. Overall though I'm quite satisfied, I expected it to be really difficult but it wasn't super challenging.
    What about you guys?

Oh and did anybody else end up finishing the exam really early? 1 hour and half was quite a lot of time tbh hahah

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Tbh i found it quite hard it was weird worded hey do you know when the unnoficial markscheme will be out so i can see if i did well or see where i went wrong?

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was pretty hard tbh- hadn't even been taught half the content, and really couldn't figure out how a nursery could use transactional data >.< That said, I don't think that I did badly, as such

Also, yeah, I only took about an hour to complete it, which was a little awkward ^^'

ReputationRep:
    I still think the exam was fairly easy but definitely harder than the past papers i did, i think they have worded the questions a little differently this year so it is not just recycling old papers. One thing im worried about though is i wrote in the blank space under the lines when i ran out of room, i stayed within the border and everything and just carried on writing under the lines. Is this ok?

ReputationRep:
    What did people put for the 2nd 6 marker?

ReputationRep:
    What is a device that is used to connect the media player to the WiFi network?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam1999__)
    I still think the exam was fairly easy but definitely harder than the past papers i did, i think they have worded the questions a little differently this year so it is not just recycling old papers. One thing im worried about though is i wrote in the blank space under the lines when i ran out of room, i stayed within the border and everything and just carried on writing under the lines. Is this ok?
    Yeah that should be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mo128)
    What is a device that is used to connect the media player to the WiFi network?
    I put router but idk if that's right

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.