Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I actually didn't find it that hard! I'm just glad our six markers were decent!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by worksmartnothard)
    I actually didn't find it that hard! I'm just glad our six markers were decent!
    The 6 markers were soooo easy but i made so many silly mistakes beforehand. For example, 3 implications of the lack of access to ICT:
    I wrote, Affordability, Lack of infrastructure and government restrictions when these are causes but overall... i think the grade boundary should be somewhere around 50 for an A* seeing that this paper was harder compared to the past papers.

ReputationRep:
    Make a petition of GCSE ICT EDEXCEL LOWER THE GRADE BOUNDARIES! https://www.change.org/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mo128)
    What is a device that is used to connect the media player to the WiFi network?
    Router

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serkan Marasli)
    Router
    I put network interface card will I still get the mark?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GCSEICT)
    Yeah I also put wireless network interface card and then I put a wireless dongle would be required if the media station did not possess a network interface card.

Mark or not?

ReputationRep:
    Somebody start a petition to lower the grade boundaries!

ReputationRep:
    they're already low it's only around 50 marks for an A*

ReputationRep:
    dw, they are already usually so low (like 53/80 for an A*)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by guy321)
    Yeah I also put wireless network interface card and then I put a wireless dongle would be required if the media station did not possess a network interface card.

Mark or not?
    My understanding of ICT is incredibly poor so correct me if I'm wrong but I thought a NIC was needed to connect the device to the local area network??

ReputationRep:
    The 6 markers were soooo easy but i made so many silly mistakes beforehand. For example, 3 implications of the lack of access to ICT:
    I wrote, Affordability, Lack of infrastructure and government restrictions when these are causes but overall... i think the grade boundary should be somewhere around 50 for an A* seeing that this paper was harder compared to the past papers.
    Oh well, that's only a 3 possible marks and like people have said, the grade boundaries are incredibly low! No need to worry!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by history fanatic)
    How did you all find it?

I felt like I didn't have much to say about the last 6 marker so I just rambled on about people being rejected job offers and a whole bunch of stuff like that haha. There were loads of crossing boxes so I was really happy about that And the questions asking about defining the World Wide Web and the Internet kinda threw me off because I hadn't memorized any proper definitions so I just wrote whatever I thought made sense. Overall though I'm quite satisfied, I expected it to be really difficult but it wasn't super challenging.
    What about you guys?

Oh and did anybody else end up finishing the exam really early? 1 hour and half was quite a lot of time tbh hahah

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I found it OK! What threw me is the fact that the first question (the media station or whatever) wasn't relevant to ANYTHING in the syllabus guide by edexcel! The last 6 marker was weird worded but it was easy enough once you knew what it was asking for. Overall, fairly satisfied I did well and now hope it's enough to get me a good grade!

ReputationRep:
    Router
    wifi dongle? i was basing my knowledge off the amazon fire box and nowtv?

ReputationRep:
    I didn't find that paper that hard, I would say that I probably got midway between the 40-50 marks category, which I think is alright considering that we hadn't learnt any theory before 2 weeks ago.
    How do you think this compares to last years exam?

ReputationRep:
    I think the paper mostly went well, the tiny bits I did revise were the only ones that came up
    The questions on what are the world wide web and internet though...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :rip:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by batt_mellamy)
    wifi dongle? i was basing my knowledge off the amazon fire box and nowtv?
    ye probs correct, i mean there's probably 5 options

ReputationRep:
    dont think so but there's always a chance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KieranPRTL)
    we hadn't learnt any theory before 2 weeks ago.
    Same, I think that seems to be the general trend.

ReputationRep:
    Is there an unofficial mark scheme for this exam out yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaz,)
    Same, I think that seems to be the general trend.
    we learnt the theory in year 9

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.