Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I actually didn't find it that hard! I'm just glad our six markers were decent!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by worksmartnothard)
    I actually didn't find it that hard! I'm just glad our six markers were decent!
    The 6 markers were soooo easy but i made so many silly mistakes beforehand. For example, 3 implications of the lack of access to ICT:
    I wrote, Affordability, Lack of infrastructure and government restrictions when these are causes but overall... i think the grade boundary should be somewhere around 50 for an A* seeing that this paper was harder compared to the past papers.

ReputationRep:
    Make a petition of GCSE ICT EDEXCEL LOWER THE GRADE BOUNDARIES! https://www.change.org/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mo128)
    What is a device that is used to connect the media player to the WiFi network?
    Router

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serkan Marasli)
    Router
    I put network interface card will I still get the mark?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GCSEICT)
    Yeah I also put wireless network interface card and then I put a wireless dongle would be required if the media station did not possess a network interface card.

Mark or not?

ReputationRep:
    Somebody start a petition to lower the grade boundaries!

ReputationRep:
    they're already low it's only around 50 marks for an A*

ReputationRep:
    dw, they are already usually so low (like 53/80 for an A*)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by guy321)
    Yeah I also put wireless network interface card and then I put a wireless dongle would be required if the media station did not possess a network interface card.

Mark or not?
    My understanding of ICT is incredibly poor so correct me if I'm wrong but I thought a NIC was needed to connect the device to the local area network??

ReputationRep:
    The 6 markers were soooo easy but i made so many silly mistakes beforehand. For example, 3 implications of the lack of access to ICT:
    I wrote, Affordability, Lack of infrastructure and government restrictions when these are causes but overall... i think the grade boundary should be somewhere around 50 for an A* seeing that this paper was harder compared to the past papers.
    Oh well, that's only a 3 possible marks and like people have said, the grade boundaries are incredibly low! No need to worry!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by history fanatic)
    How did you all find it?

I felt like I didn't have much to say about the last 6 marker so I just rambled on about people being rejected job offers and a whole bunch of stuff like that haha. There were loads of crossing boxes so I was really happy about that And the questions asking about defining the World Wide Web and the Internet kinda threw me off because I hadn't memorized any proper definitions so I just wrote whatever I thought made sense. Overall though I'm quite satisfied, I expected it to be really difficult but it wasn't super challenging.
    What about you guys?

Oh and did anybody else end up finishing the exam really early? 1 hour and half was quite a lot of time tbh hahah

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I found it OK! What threw me is the fact that the first question (the media station or whatever) wasn't relevant to ANYTHING in the syllabus guide by edexcel! The last 6 marker was weird worded but it was easy enough once you knew what it was asking for. Overall, fairly satisfied I did well and now hope it's enough to get me a good grade!

ReputationRep:
    Router
    wifi dongle? i was basing my knowledge off the amazon fire box and nowtv?

ReputationRep:
    I didn't find that paper that hard, I would say that I probably got midway between the 40-50 marks category, which I think is alright considering that we hadn't learnt any theory before 2 weeks ago.
    How do you think this compares to last years exam?

ReputationRep:
    I think the paper mostly went well, the tiny bits I did revise were the only ones that came up
    The questions on what are the world wide web and internet though...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :rip:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by batt_mellamy)
    wifi dongle? i was basing my knowledge off the amazon fire box and nowtv?
    ye probs correct, i mean there's probably 5 options

ReputationRep:
    dont think so but there's always a chance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KieranPRTL)
    we hadn't learnt any theory before 2 weeks ago.
    Same, I think that seems to be the general trend.

ReputationRep:
    Is there an unofficial mark scheme for this exam out yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaz,)
    Same, I think that seems to be the general trend.
    we learnt the theory in year 9

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 18, 2017

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.