Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing subsdiary diploma in Engineering? I would need some help with assignments since my teacher left half way through the year and a new one is a complete idiot and does not teach us anything
    Unit 4, Unit 10 and unit 19 mainly

ReputationRep:
    I do level 3 engineering 90- credit and i currently finishing off my unit 4 and unit 10 but i don't do unit 19. I can help with unit 4 (math) and unit 10 (materials).

ReputationRep:
    Unit 10 - assignment 2 is seriously piss take in my college. We just started it and we have not learned ANYTHING about it. And the new teacher is trying to tell us that we should know everything about it by now. I do not understand task 1 like - at all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by senpanda)
    Unit 10 - assignment 2 is seriously piss take in my college. We just started it and we have not learned ANYTHING about it. And the new teacher is trying to tell us that we should know everything about it by now. I do not understand task 1 like - at all
    Ok i'm assuming you're on about P1 which the task is want you to "describe the structure (including the atomic structure) associated with a given metal, polymer, ceramic, composite and smart material" (i quoted this from the criteria in edexcel).
    Normally to you need to your own research but i can tell you where need talk about however it might be a slight difference since I don't know what's your brief but usually answering the brief shows you do the criteria.
    You need to talk about the atomic structure ( please use diagrams it save on writing alot.)
    Talk the structure of metals, polymers, ceramic, compostie and smart materials.
    A good website to research about this but I recommend is http://www.freestudy.co.uk.
    They have good resources for unit 10.

ReputationRep:
    cheers!~!!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Features

Blinkered horse

Take off your BTEC blinkers

Find out the truth behind the BTEC myths.

Polling station sign

BTEC essentials

What you really need to know about studying BTEC.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.