Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Has everyone received an offer for accommodation? I still haven't had one....

ReputationRep:
    Did you firm YSJ? If you firm them they should give you an offer within 2 days (Not including the weekends ofc).

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I did, and I have an unconditional offer hahaha. I have emailed them, I was worrying to much haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teri_vincent)
    Yeah I did, and I have an unconditional offer hahaha. I have emailed them, I was worrying to much haha
    Have they emailed you back, I'm still waiting for an offer as well and I've been waiting for nearly a week now...

ReputationRep:
    I've been waiting a couple days too

ReputationRep:
    I'm also waiting for an offer- Hoping to get Percy's Lane..

ReputationRep:
    I got an email today from them saying they're putting accommodation applications on hold for a week so people can apply for the new accommodation through CRM students

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have experience of applying with mental health issues?
    Are they good with this and take it into account when giving you a room?

ReputationRep:
    I anyone thinking of applying to the CRM Accommodation? I didn't get the accommodation I was hoping for, and I didn't really want to share a bathroom, so I'm really considering it. :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clarky_)
    I anyone thinking of applying to the CRM Accommodation? I didn't get the accommodation I was hoping for, and I didn't really want to share a bathroom, so I'm really considering it. :P

What's CRM?

ReputationRep:
    I was going to apply to CRM but I read some bad reviews that have put me off, so now ive got a studio in percys lane which they've reduced the price of to 6440 per year which is actually the same/cheaper than CRM. I think you can ring the accommodation and say that you want a studio if this helps anyone who isn't happy with their accommodation.

ReputationRep:
    I've been waiting 2 weeks now for accomodation to get back to me...
    I don't know if it is because I placed my mental health issues on the form that it is taking so long, but I may have to ring if I don't hear something soon.
    I'll definitely take the advice of asking about a studio. Over my price range, but worth it for ensuite

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DepletingSanity)
    I've been waiting 2 weeks now for accomodation to get back to me...
    I don't know if it is because I placed my mental health issues on the form that it is taking so long, but I may have to ring if I don't hear something soon.
    I'll definitely take the advice of asking about a studio. Over my price range, but worth it for ensuite
    Have you applied for disabled students allowance (DSA)? If you need more expensive accomm due to your disability (mental health) they may fund the difference between a shared flat and studio. I have this, they pay £400 of my rent each term.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't declare it on Student finance.. wasn't going to mention it until I heard all the rooms with ensuite are taken!
    I'm planning to get a job to fund any extra I have to pay

ReputationRep:
    If anyone does apply for the studios let me know so we can all meet up! I'm pretty sure all ensuits are gone now and I had to get a studio for health reasons

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else been offered really expensive accommodation?
    I've just been told to take £7400 accommodation, no way I can afford it..
    Wondering if anyone else has encountered this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DepletingSanity)
    Anyone else been offered really expensive accommodation?
    I've just been told to take £7400 accommodation, no way I can afford it..
    Wondering if anyone else has encountered this?
    The Percy lane ones have been reduced to 6440 which is still a lot but better than 7400 so it might be worth ringing them and asking to change if you explain? When I got my offer it also came through aw the original price but I rang and they said it would be changed when it actually comes to paying

ReputationRep:
    That might be it then, i'm in Percys Lane also then

ReputationRep:
    Do you know what building you're in?

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I have just found out what where I am staying! I am international hall- The Grange.
    St.Mary's house, Flat 106.
    Room 001.

Anyone else in here?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.