Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello!
    I have an interview at my local college for the Access to Social Science course and I was wondering if anyone could tell me what to expect or give me some advice?
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KMLeeson)
    Hello!
    I have an interview at my local college for the Access to Social Science course and I was wondering if anyone could tell me what to expect or give me some advice?
    Thank you
    It's really easy.

They're just to weed out the r**ards.

Probably have some literacy /numeracy tests, again, really easy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KMLeeson)
    Hello!
    Thank you
    Just be happy and smile, and answer their questions honestly, and you should do fine!

ReputationRep:
    I had mine last year and it was really informal. Just asked if I realised how intense it was and how I thought I would handle it? What I was hoping to go on to study after and did I have experience in that area?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If it's anything like my experience there's nothing to worry about. I attended what I thought was going to be two 30 minute tests in Maths and English followed by a formal interview with the whole thing taking around 2 hours in total, so I went suited and booted. To say the letter exaggerated what was involved is putting it mildly.

To put it into context the course tutor had forgotten he had an interview to conduct. He said as long a I've done GCSE Maths and English I didn't need to bother with the tests(I'd lost the certificates) and the rest consisted of an informal chat for a few minutes and handing in a form relating to student finance to another person.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, it's definitely not as bad as it sounds.
    Let us know how you get on

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.