Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am currently on a 4 year integrated masters MSci course and have got finance for those 4 years. I am in my third year. However, I am looking at graduating at the end of this year with a BSc and doing a separate course for my fourth year - a masters. Is it possible to use the fourth year of my student finance to fund this fourth year or not?

In context, I am currently doing a theoretical physics MSci but would like to finish this year with a BSc and do the Cambridge Part III maths course (which does form part of an integrated masters for current Cambridge students).

Thanks!
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by AlesanaWill)
    I am currently on a 4 year integrated masters MSci course and have got finance for those 4 years. I am in my third year. However, I am looking at graduating at the end of this year with a BSc and doing a separate course for my fourth year - a masters. Is it possible to use the fourth year of my student finance to fund this fourth year or not?

In context, I am currently doing a theoretical physics MSci but would like to finish this year with a BSc and do the Cambridge Part III maths course (which does form part of an integrated masters for current Cambridge students).

Thanks!
    This would depend on whether you'd be recorded as an undergraduate student in Yr 4 of a 4 year course or as a postgraduate student in Yr 1 of a 1 year course.

My hunch is that you'd be counted as the latter in which case you'd be eligible for the new postgraduate loan of £10k to cover tuition and living costs (if tuition costs close to or more than £10k then you'd have to source the funds from elsewhere)

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.