Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Which one should I firm for CompSci + Artificial Intelligence? The offers are the exact same. I've never been to any of the cities and won't have any time to visit.

Edinburgh: Harry Potter city, free to study (EU applicant), world class uni, get to study a range of subjects the first year, nice course. But the course is 4 years and the city is expensive given that I am going to be on my own, working and all.

Manchester: cool course absolutely packed with science, the interviewer was nice, cheaper than Edinburgh (and probably easier to find a job as I'm not sure how well I can understand the Scottish pronunciation), the course is only 3 years. But the city is not as beautiful, plus I'm left with a 27k loan.

Any advice? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Bump

(Original post by pecora)
    Which one should I firm for CompSci + Artificial Intelligence? The offers are the exact same. I've never been to any of the cities and won't have any time to visit.

Edinburgh: Harry Potter city, free to study (EU applicant), world class uni, get to study a range of subjects the first year, nice course. But the course is 4 years and the city is expensive given that I am going to be on my own, working and all.

Manchester: cool course absolutely packed with science, the interviewer was nice, cheaper than Edinburgh (and probably easier to find a job as I'm not sure how well I can understand the Scottish pronunciation), the course is only 3 years. But the city is not as beautiful, plus I'm left with a 27k loan.

Any advice? Thanks!
    I've firmed with Edinburgh for the exact same course. For AI, Edinburgh are at the forth-front of the field in the UK anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by pecora)

Any advice? Thanks!
    Edinburgh hands down has the best AI department in the country.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm a proud mancunian but honestly you should go to Edinburgh and if it's free it really is a no brainer

ReputationRep:
    I'd say Edinburgh, especially if coming from abroad. It is a city that is really easy to assimilate into - it's big but easily walkable and easy to get a sense of.

I wouldn't worry about the accent - Edinburgh accent is easier to understand than other Scottish accents and the Mancunian accent is not too easy to understand anyway!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.