Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I would just likesome advice; if possible, however I do realise the content of the question I amasking is subjective and everyone will have different opinions of this.
    I have applied to a Graduate Scheme, at this stage applications haven’t yet closed so I don’t evenknow if I will be successful beyond the applicant stage, however I have lookedat the dates for the stages of selection process in the booklet.The assessment centre dates are w/c 13th May (Assessmentdates 16th and 17th) and w/c 20th May(Assessment dates 25th and 26th May). I believe you do not hear prior to 13thor 20th if you have been successful enough to be invited back, norwhat date you are due to attend.The problem is, should I be fortunate enough to get to thisstage; I have booked two weeks holiday 14th May to 28thMay. I realise this is bad luck on my part; however whenconsidering this I realised that some University Courses do not finish untilJune so had assumed (wrongly) that processes such as these would not startduring May, so took advantage of booking the holiday I have saved up for duringmy 3 years as a student during this time!I am looking for advice/opinions on how best to approachthis; I intend to be honest and explain I am away on holiday (honest is something they value – as iswork/life balance!).However in terms oftiming; I cant decide if it would be best to raise this at an earlier stage ofassessment (to show my commitment, forward planning etc) or wait until w/c 13thor 20th May to explain. Of course I don’t want this to work against me; which itinevitably appears it will. I have also considered altering the dates of myholiday but this could cause considerable expense.
    Given the circumstances I would be interested to hear youropinions on how to go about this, but understand there is no right or wronganswer. What do I do?! Really conflicted in my heart v my head - I am so so keen & this is my dream job BUT at the same time, I havent even got beyond the application stage yet AND I cant really justify the expense of re-scheduling my holiday IF the job then accounts to nothing...

Stuck between a rock & the deep blue sea! lol
    Kind Regards Olivia0

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.