The Student Room Group

UCAS Referee didnt declare predicted grades

Ive only just found this out. I had previously got offers but have decided to go through Extra for another course and not sure if i should apply without them or wait and hope its in clearing.

I have already achieved grades but im resitting two subjects and i just need to bring them up one grade each. Im no longer in contact with my referee (she taught me a different course, she didnt teach me A-levels and wasn't even a part of the A-level department in my college) Should i risk it and apply or wait and hope?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by TomFitness
Ive only just found this out. I had previously got offers but have decided to go through Extra for another course and not sure if i should apply without them or wait and hope its in clearing.

I have already achieved grades but im resitting two subjects and i just need to bring them up one grade each. Im no longer in contact with my referee (she taught me a different course, she didnt teach me A-levels and wasn't even a part of the A-level department in my college) Should i risk it and apply or wait and hope?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Presumably she didn't provide predicted grades because she wasn't in a position to say - that's not going to change by waiting. I'd suggest contacting your Extra choice and ask them if they'd like any supplementary information, while explaining the issue about predicted grades.
Reply 2
Original post by Minerva
Presumably she didn't provide predicted grades because she wasn't in a position to say - that's not going to change by waiting. I'd suggest contacting your Extra choice and ask them if they'd like any supplementary information, while explaining the issue about predicted grades.

Hi thank you for the reply. I contacted the uni and they said "Unfortunately without predicted grades, we would not be able to make an assessment on your application." I actually recieved an offer for a course prior to Extra with the same grades but I dont know if I should risk it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Hi thank you for the reply. I contacted the uni and they said "Unfortunately without predicted grades, we would not be able to make an assessment on your application." I actually recieved an offer for a course prior to Extra with the same grades but I dont know if I should risk it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well, the uni presumably means what it says, so it looks like you should stick with the offer you have, unless the course is something you really don't want to do. An option is to accept the offer you have, and see what transpires on Results Day. If you achieved the higher grades you could try persuading your firm to release you (I'm assuming the offer you have is unconditional) and go through Clearing - but you do risk ending up with nothing.

Alternatively you will have to make contact with your referee and see whether she is prepared to predict your grades - but I'd be very surprised if you didn't have to provide her with evidence to support those predictions.
Reply 4
Original post by Minerva
Well, the uni presumably means what it says, so it looks like you should stick with the offer you have, unless the course is something you really don't want to do. An option is to accept the offer you have, and see what transpires on Results Day. If you achieved the higher grades you could try persuading your firm to release you (I'm assuming the offer you have is unconditional) and go through Clearing - but you do risk ending up with nothing.

Alternatively you will have to make contact with your referee and see whether she is prepared to predict your grades - but I'd be very surprised if you didn't have to provide her with evidence to support those predictions.

Yeah unfortunately I withdrew all my offers (I would rather not go than do the course). I guess i'll have to go through clearing but ill be gutted if i dont get on campus accomodation😕

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Yeah unfortunately I withdrew all my offers (I would rather not go than do the course). I guess i'll have to go through clearing but ill be gutted if i dont get on campus accomodation😕

Posted from TSR Mobile
In that case I think you should see whether there is any way you can get predicted grades and/or find another uni that will consider you without them.
Reply 6
Original post by Minerva
In that case I think you should see whether there is any way you can get predicted grades and/or find another uni that will consider you without them.

Is on campus accomodation hard to come by if you go through clearing? I really like the university haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Is on campus accomodation hard to come by if you go through clearing? I really like the university haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Depends on the uni - and also assumes that they will have Clearing places for the course you want to do. Many unis don't guarantee accommodation for applicants through Clearing, but it doesn't mean to say that no-one is ever offered it.

If the lack of predicted grades is the only problem, is it worth contacting the uni again to explain why and ask for advice on what other information, if any, they might accept insteaad?
Reply 8
Original post by Minerva
Depends on the uni - and also assumes that they will have Clearing places for the course you want to do. Many unis don't guarantee accommodation for applicants through Clearing, but it doesn't mean to say that no-one is ever offered it.

If the lack of predicted grades is the only problem, is it worth contacting the uni again to explain why and ask for advice on what other information, if any, they might accept insteaad?

Its not exactly the most popular course so im hoping it will be. Yeah i'll email them explaining the situation hopefully theyll consider me, as I said I'm only two grades of and even more importantly in both subjects im only 5-10ums off the next grade!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending