Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Spying parents stopping me from seeing my boyfriend! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mahmoud X)
    Don't do anything illegal, if only to ensure your parents don't get the ammunition they probably want to screw you and your bf, but their actions extremely sinister.

If you don't mind me asking, is their a particular reason why they think in this way? Religion, culture, narcissistic personality disorder etc
    Some of the things we have said in the messages were insulting to them, but they have said they don't care about that! They just think him asking what im doing and "constantly texting me" as they say makes him abusive! i want to text him too so i dont see the problem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefatone)
    Authority is never a good way to be "correct" as so to speak

exactly

i'm pretty this is what your parents are not your bf
    How do you know he isn't abusive?...

You also do not know OP. They could be that troubled bad ass kid that needs extreme supervision because they constantly get into dangerous trouble.

I know tsr and the internet are full of radical liberals who express their ultra-tolerance behind the anonymity...

but would you rather her have a parent who let her boyfriend endanger her? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RF_PineMarten)
    Their ages being 15 and 16 isn't enough to justify that sort of spying behaviour. Unless they have a good reason to be suspicious of him which OP hasn't mentioned (and I appreciate we may not have the full story here), then the parents appear to be the ones in the wrong.
    They said it was because they were worried about me but they had no reason to be... so i don't believe that! I feel completely safe with my boyfriend and i know he would never do anything to harm me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrsjenner)

You also do not know OP. They could be that troubled bad ass kid that needs extreme supervision because they constantly get into dangerous trouble.

I know tsr and the internet are full of radical liberals who express their ultra-tolerance behind the anonymity...

but would you rather her have a parent who let her boyfriend endanger her? :rolleyes:
    I'm like this IRL

Why do you assume parents know what's best for their children, literally the only thing it takes to be a parent is to have sex. It takes so much more to be a good parents.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Synonym)
    finish your gcse's .ffs...
    After GCSE's you have A level, after A level you have degree and after degree you have employment and professional exams.

There is never a perfect time for a relationship, but so long as both of you are committed, it will work.

ReputationRep:

I am actually someone that never goes out drinking, doing drugs, partying etc. I'm an A* student even with having lots of time off school as i have been really ill and constantly in hospital. I've never been in trouble at school let alone with the police or anything!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm like this IRL

Why do you assume parents know what's best for their children, literally the only thing it takes to be a parent is to have sex. It takes so much more to be a good parents.
    I wasn't asking you but feel free to jump right on in

I never said parents assume best
    Why are you presuming that I assume that?

If you knew me personally you'd know I have a huge issue with pathological tyranny of parenthood.

HOWEVER it seems people in this situation are taking the OP's side
    forgetting about
    relationship abuse
    and juvenile delinquency.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Georgia2261)
    has anyone been through anything similar and could offer some advice?
    Read this and act: https://www.childline.org.uk/Pages/Home.aspx

ReputationRep:
    I am actually someone that never goes out drinking, doing drugs, partying etc. I'm an A* student even with having lots of time off school as i have been really ill and constantly in hospital. I've never been in trouble at school let alone with the police or anything!!
    You can claim to be perfect all you want.
    Drop the !!! and know your parents are trying to look out for you. They don't have all the answers, the best perfect ideas or methods, but they are trying.

Still again I insist to ask:

would you rather they didn't care?
    Then you'd be sitting home cutting yourself hating them forever because your parents let you get hurt. Wouldn't you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    How is this abusive?
    It's nothing different than setting up website blocks, channel blocks, passcodes, not letting her have a phone or a private line in the house phone, asking her where's she's going etc

Its called caring.

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't asking you but feel free to jump right on in

I never said parents assume best
    Why are you presuming that I assume that?

If you knew me personally you'd know I have a huge issue with pathological tyranny of parenthood.

HOWEVER it seems people in this situation are taking the OP's side
    forgetting about
    relationship abuse
    and juvenile delinquency.
    I don't need an invitation to correct stupidity

OP has said she likes talking to her bf, so either you can assume she is lying, or she doesn't understand her own emotions, either way you're showing a lack of respect to her

We do know that OP's parents spy on her, which is absolutely abusive, so either work with the facts or piss off back to mumsnet or the Daily Mail where you belong.

ReputationRep:
    I don't need an invitation to correct stupidity

OP has said she likes talking to her bf, so either you can assume she is lying, or she doesn't understand her own emotions, either way you're showing a lack of respect to her

We do know that OP's parents spy on her, which is absolutely abusive, so either work with the facts or piss off back to mumsnet or the Daily Mail where you belong.
    Adhominems.com

and you're showing a "lack of respect" to people who go through relationship abuse and who have negligent parents

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    i spoke to childline earlier, they said to maybe talk to an aunt or uncle but my parents have turned them against my boyfriend so thats no use. Thats why i came on here for advice

ReputationRep:
    How is this abusive?
    I think spying secretly on your adolescent child and taking away their property is certainly potentially abusive, and that the OP could get support from Childline. One potential fear is that her parents may have a marriage already lined up for her.

ReputationRep:
    Adhominems.com

and you're showing a "lack of respect" to people who go through relationship abuse and who have negligent parents
    Oh ffs

but it really is abusive behaviour, the abuse is already happening

Also ad hominem and personal insults are not the same thing, I never commit the ad hominem fallacy, I do insult idiots however

ReputationRep:
    Adhominems.com

That's not the case, i completely have sympathy for what people in abusive relationships go through and im sure others do too. What im trying to say is that i know that this isnt an abusive relationship.

ReputationRep:
    Lmao OP can't even afford her own living
    and she's having a go about privacy

I'm really not fussed to discuss this.
    Georgia2261 all I have to say is this:

you're young, very young. Your parents aren't perfect. They're not doing anything to hurt you intentionally. Calm down a bit and realise that it's better to have folks who care then not. Do not ruin your life and relationship with your parents over a boy. You have lots of time for love, relax. :console:

ReputationRep:
    That's not the case, i completely have sympathy for what people in abusive relationships go through and im sure others do too. What im trying to say is that i know that this isnt an abusive relationship.
    If you know it's not abusive, then prove it to them calmly.

I stand by what I just messaged you, do not quote me again please. I have nothing else to say. Just consider my advice.

ReputationRep:
    Lmao OP can't even afford her own living
    and she's having a go about privacy

I'm really not fussed to discuss this.
    Georgia2261 all I have to say is this:

you're young, very young. Your parents aren't perfect. They're not doing anything to hurt you intentionally. Calm down a bit and realise that it's better to have folks who care then not. Do not ruin your life and relationship with your parents over a boy. You have lots of time for love, relax. :console:
    Her parents are legally obliged to take care of the child they have created, this is food, shelter etc.

She shouldn't have to leave the house for her basic dignity to be respected.

ReputationRep:
    Calm down a bit and realise that it's better to have folks who care then not.
    "Folks who care" sometimes force their children into marriage or arrange FGM holidays abroad.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 14, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.